Welcome To The Black Market.

You may have found it difficult to find toilet paper and rubbing alcohol. It may have started out with hoarders. Then continued with people buying what they could when they got the chance. But no doubt another reason for it is the black market. Supply and demand. Unfortunately, it is the capitalist way. These things can be found. But at gouge prices. If you're lucky, only twice what it cost you in a store.

Black market has been around long before this. What do you want to buy? PM me.

Since you are attempting to dismiss a basic fact of Cuban life, I'm going to hazard a guess that you have not.

https://translatingcuba.com/cuba-the-black-market-never-sleeps-ivn-garca/

No. I haven't been to Cuba. I haven't been to North Korea. And, I doubt you have either. I think you are just making stuff up ... and then spouting off as if it's all true.
I notice TinyDog does that too. He'll make stuff up, claim it's true, then go on for 20 minutes 'debunking' the stuff he's just made up.
These tactics don't make much for a Debate, but are interesting if you're in the mood for Story Telling.

I keep at least 50-100 rolls on hand all the time and havent had to go out and buy any,,,

the smart thing to do is stock up during times of abundance so when things get scarce you done have to worry and dont become one more person buying in a panic,,,

I started hoarding toilet paper last fall when I heard we only have 12 yrs. until the end of the world because of the weather or climate or something like that. I was already well prepared.

Hey moron, how does that butt wiping go with you? I mean, how do you know when you've got all the excreted sht and aren't wiping your body away.

No. I haven't been to Cuba. I haven't been to North Korea. And, I doubt you have either. I think you are just making stuff up ... and then spouting off as if it's all true.
I notice TinyDog does that too. He'll make stuff up, claim it's true, then go on for 20 minutes 'debunking' the stuff he's just made up.
These tactics don't make much for a Debate, but are interesting if you're in the mood for Story Telling.
Well, get started on your path to enlightenment by clicking the link.

Well, get started on your path to enlightenment by clicking the link.

Bull Durham: "The black market is the only way you can survive in Cuba. Due to the lack of capitalism."
Jack: This is a blanket statement. You link one article and conclude 'capitalism' (or in this instance, illegal activity) is the only way to survive in Cuba.

But to your credit, you at least had a link. :thumbsup:

Bull Durham: "The black market is the only way you can survive in Cuba. Due to the lack of capitalism."
Jack: This is a blanket statement. You link one article and conclude 'capitalism' (or in this instance, illegal activity) is the only way to survive in Cuba.

But to your credit, you at least had a link. :thumbsup:

Well, if you are going to call the black market "capitalism," then, you are doing my rhetoric for me. Because, it has been well-documented how the Cuban system forces people to utilize the black market to survive.

You can 'survive' in Cuba without committing crimes. You're talking about 'getting ahead'. People in the US can survive, but some choose to sell Marijuana to 'get ahead'.

I keep at least 50-100 rolls on hand all the time and havent had to go out and buy any,,,

the smart thing to do is stock up during times of abundance so when things get scarce you done have to worry and dont become one more person buying in a panic,,,
Agreed. OTOH, there's profit to be made when people panic.

3sj7th.jpg

You may have found it difficult to find toilet paper and rubbing alcohol. It may have started out with hoarders. Then continued with people buying what they could when they got the chance. But no doubt another reason for it is the black market. Supply and demand. Unfortunately, it is the capitalist way. These things can be found. But at gouge prices. If you're lucky, only twice what it cost you in a store.

Kill yourself you fucking Nazi!!

profits not even a consideration,,,

you ever needed TP and didnt have it???
thats worth more than money in the bank,,,

Agreed, which is why I think it's silly for Doomsday Preppers to be stocking up gold and silver in their bunkers when what they really need is TP and ammo.

That said, a little American ingenuity and a garden hose can solve the TP problem....it's easier with a partner or close friend.

3t7vsj.jpg

Agreed, which is why I think it's silly for Doomsday Preppers to be stocking up gold and silver in their bunkers when what they really need is TP and ammo.

That said, a little American ingenuity and a garden hose can solve the TP problem....it's easier with a partner or close friend.

3t7vsj.jpg

and its a lot funner,,,

and the gold and silver is for after the emergency has ended when paper money has lost its value,,,

and its a lot funner,,,

and the gold and silver is for after the emergency has ended when paper money has lost its value,,,

Ammo will still be worth more since, if the paper money is gone, then the ammunition factories will have stopped also. Gold and silver will just become expensive fishing weights.

Ammo will still be worth more since, if the paper money is gone, then the ammunition factories will have stopped also. Gold and silver will just become expensive fishing weights.

ammo only has value if you plan to kill to take from others,,,
gold and silver will be needed for honest exchange,,,

ammo only has value if you plan to kill to take from others,,,
gold and silver will be needed for honest exchange,,,

It takes a higher level of civilization in order for gold and silver to be more convenient than a wheelbarrel full of potatoes or a bushel of apples. In such a Doomsday scenario it may take months, if not years, to build back up to that level. In the interim, it will be a matter of survival. Since gold or silver can't be eaten or used, they are virtually worthless in that interim. Sure bury it in your backyard and, if you survive, it may be worth something. In the meantime try figuring out what you need to survive. Do you live in a city or urban environment? My advice is to get out. Take that gold and silver and turn it into a few acres of land in a community of like-minded people. Try your hand at growing a crop of corn or beans.

The best survival tool anyone has is the computer between their ears. Stuff it with as much information as possible; especially useful skills. Take night classes as an EMT. You don't even have to graduate or be licensed; just acquire the medical skills. You'll end up becoming an essential member of the community while all the rednecks like me who are just very good hunters and have lots of ammo will become pawns.
m1helmet.gif

It takes a higher level of civilization in order for gold and silver to be more convenient than a wheelbarrel full of potatoes or a bushel of apples. In such a Doomsday scenario it may take months, if not years, to build back up to that level. In the interim, it will be a matter of survival. Since gold or silver can't be eaten or used, they are virtually worthless in that interim. Sure bury it in your backyard and, if you survive, it may be worth something. In the meantime try figuring out what you need to survive. Do you live in a city or urban environment? My advice is to get out. Take that gold and silver and turn it into a few acres of land in a community of like-minded people. Try your hand at growing a crop of corn or beans.

The best survival tool anyone has is the computer between their ears. Stuff it with as much information as possible; especially useful skills. Take night classes as an EMT. You don't even have to graduate or be licensed; just acquire the medical skills. You'll end up becoming an essential member of the community while all the rednecks like me who are just very good hunters and have lots of ammo will become pawns.
m1helmet.gif

it will always have value to some,,, and more so to those that are thinking well into the future,,,

Back