Well

Oh I agree Darla but the person running like Hillary herself has to stay far away from any comments on it.

Mathews had to straighten his shit out because he was in trouble on a number of fronts. I think he came close to being canned because of people like me writing into the station and telling them he was an utter waste of time. I think he has been watching his mouth in a number of aspects.

Im not saying no mention of it but Im saying it has to be done very carefully.

It should not be ever done by the candidate herself. This is what Obama did so well about race. He let the obvious racism defeat its self. Its actually easier for a woman candidate to do this because half the country is women. Who ever did the "Iron my shirt" thing did her a great favor.

It's funny, I, like you, thought that Matthews was one of the worst. But after watching that youtube video Cypress posted, I see I have not been watching FOX! Ech.

I think you are probably right, insofar as long as she was running. at this time, I think it's appropriate for her to discuss gender issues though. Or perhaps, after the Nov election would be a better time. Perhaps not. A lot of women I think , are waiting to hear more on this issue. And as long as she does it in the way she did it yesterday, which is to basically bring along her hard-core woman supporters, to Obama, then I think it's OK. they want to hear from her. And I think she made it plain that there is far too much at stake not to vote for Obama here. Voting for McCain or sitting this out would be foolish for any progressive, or feminist woman.

I have no problem with women writers further exposing sexism and using Hillary's campaign to demonstrate where it did expose itself.

But the inclination of myself and others to point out where it did not exist is as important an element of the argument as where it does .. in my opinion.

Pointing out where racism does not exist is as important as pointing out where it does .. and this has been a factor in Obama's campaign, and had he lost, it would have been important to recognize that he didn't lose because he's black .. just as he won't lose against McCain because he's black.

Ok, I think we are on the same page!

She got a lot of racist votes.

Yes, in some cases that is true. Most specifically in cases like W Virginia, a state R's are most likely to take in the general.

In other words, she got some votes from ignorant white males who had to decide who they fear more; white women or black men.

But she didn't get anywhere near the number of votes from racists as John McCain will garner. Guess what? Still won't be enough to put that doddering, yellow sneered, creepy guy over the top. Sorry.

So West Virginia is a Republican state?

Funny.

The Governor is a Democrat.

The Senators are both Democrats. One of them is the infamous racist Robert "Kleagle" Byrd, who uses the "n word" to this day.
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd[/ame]

Friday's Rasmussen poll says "Neither man is terribly popular in the state. McCain earns favorable reviews from 48% and unfavorable ratings from another 48%. Four years earlier, West Virginia abandoned a long history of voting for Democrats as the GOP won a six-point victory. Now, by a 59% to 32% margin, West Virginia voters say it’s more important to get the troops home from Iraq than to win."

So West Virginia is a Republican state?

Funny.

The Governor is a Democrat.

The Senators are both Democrats. One of them is the infamous racist Robert "Kleagle" Byrd, who uses the "n word" to this day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd

Friday's Rasmussen poll says "Neither man is terribly popular in the state. McCain earns favorable reviews from 48% and unfavorable ratings from another 48%. Four years earlier, West Virginia abandoned a long history of voting for Democrats as the GOP won a six-point victory. Now, by a 59% to 32% margin, West Virginia voters say it’s more important to get the troops home from Iraq than to win."

Where did I say it was a Republican state puke? What I said puke, was that it was a state likely to go to the R's in the general, puke. Just like it did in the last two general elections puke. With W winning W Virginia both times, puke.

Any other questions, puke?

Yes.

Are the voters of West Virginia "ignorant white males" when they consistently vote for Democrats to represent them in the Senate and preside over the State Capitol?

Just wondering.

Back