Were Confederate soldiers terrorists?

It was a REPUBLICAN who emancipated the slaves... Abraham Lincoln!
It was REPUBLICANS who decided not to try CSA leaders for treason!
It was REPUBLICANS who supported Civil Rights and DEMOCRATS who were split!
It is a DEMOCRAT who was a former Klansman... Robert Byrd!

This.

Plus the KKK was established as the terrorist wing of the Democrat Party, and assassinated many blacks and Republicans.

LOL at the lib-tard fools here who don't know history.

What was strom Thurman?

Not a member of the KKK...only the democratic hero, Robert Byrd holds that honor.....

THURMAN...A Democrat from S. Carolina...Governor and Senator and Circuit Court Judge...ran for President on the States Rights Democratic Party ticket.
As a Democrat, he made this statement. "I wanna tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that there's not enough troops in the army to force the Southern people to break down segregation and admit the nigra race into our theaters, into our swimming pools, into our homes, and into our churches."

Thurmond was influential in arresting all those responsible for the lynch mob murder of Willie Earl. Thurmond was congratulated by the NAACP and the ACLU for his efforts.

Thurmond endorsed Republican Dwight Eisenhower for the Presidency, rather than Democratic nominee Adlai Stevenson. This led state Democratic Party leaders to block Thurmond from receiving the nomination to the Senate in 1954, forcing him to run as a write-in candidate.

Thurmond was increasingly at odds with the Democratic Party and in 1964, he switched his party affiliation to Republican.

As a Republican, Thurmond supported extending the Voting Rights Act, making the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. a federal holiday.[2] He appointed African-American Thomas Moss to his staff in 1971, with some reports describing it as the first appointment by a member of the South Carolinian congressional delegation, and others as the first by a Southern senator.

There is very little doubt about the modern GOPs' relentless appeal to racists.

As the Southern Strategy became apparent, fewer and fewer African-Americans voted Republican in the last 4 decades of the 20th Century.

Republicans saw an opportunity to gain votes by appealing to racists who never forgave the Democratic Party for supporting civil rights.

Many charges of racism have been made regarding recent Republican campaign tactics.

The infamous Willie Horton commercials used by George H. W. Bush against Michael Dukakis were racist.

The 1990 campaign of Jesse Helms attacked his opponent's alleged support of "racial quotas," most notably through a notorious TV spot in which white hands were seen crumpling a letter (stating that he was denied a job because he was Caucasian), was likewise racist.

The Republican Party went too far when they stole the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections.

Once Barack Obama became the Democratic challenger to GOP racism, the Republican strategy of appealing to racists through "codewords" was rendered ineffective.

Obama gained majority support in Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Florida, Delaware, and North Carolina, and he also won southwestern states that had previously voted Republican.

There is very little doubt about the modern GOPs' relentless appeal to racists.

As the Southern Strategy became apparent, fewer and fewer African-Americans voted Republican in the last 4 decades of the 20th Century.

Republicans saw an opportunity to gain votes by appealing to racists who never forgave the Democratic Party for supporting civil rights.

Many charges of racism have been made regarding recent Republican campaign tactics.

The infamous Willie Horton commercials used by George H. W. Bush against Michael Dukakis were racist.

The 1990 campaign of Jesse Helms attacked his opponent's alleged support of "racial quotas," most notably through a notorious TV spot in which white hands were seen crumpling a letter (stating that he was denied a job because he was Caucasian), was likewise racist.

The Republican Party went too far when they stole the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections.

Once Barack Obama became the Democratic challenger to GOP racism, the Republican strategy of appealing to racists through "codewords" was rendered ineffective.

Obama gained majority support in Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Florida, Delaware, and North Carolina, and he also won southwestern states that had previously voted Republican.

:lol: You must be on crack. Either that or you swallowed everything your Democrat high school teachers dished out to you without question.

You won't have to learn to read to understand this:

Then come back and explain how it's not racist. That is, if you ain't too busy, what with your life and all.

You won't have to learn to read to understand this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIyewCdXMzk

Then come back and explain how it's not racist. That is, if you ain't too busy, what with your life and all.

I'm not sure racist is really the appropriate word. I'm sure some people see it that way, but just because there is a racial aspect to the issue, and it certainly is speaking to white voters, does not mean that it is in itself racist.

That would be like saying an ad directed to black voters or latino voters is racist.

Racial quotas are illegal in university education, for example, even in "liberal" states like California and Michigan. Only far leftists would call that racist.

This ad works because it builds on people's resentment about a policy. It's not saying "it's all the minorities' fault that you didn't get that job".

It's saying that qualified people looking for work could be out of work under that policy. And if they don't favor that policy, then they know who to vote for.

Would it be racist if I ran an ad for black voters criticizing Democrats for opposing charter schools and school vouchers, which provide opportunity for their community?

I'm not sure racist is really the appropriate word. I'm sure some people see it that way, but just because there is a racial aspect to the issue, and it certainly is speaking to white voters, does not mean that it is in itself racist.

That would be like saying an ad directed to black voters or latino voters is racist.

Racial quotas are illegal in university education, for example, even in "liberal" states like California and Michigan. Only far leftists would call that racist.

This ad works because it builds on people's resentment about a policy. It's not saying "it's all the minorities' fault that you didn't get that job".

It's saying that qualified people looking for work could be out of work under that policy. And if they don't favor that policy, then they know who to vote for.

Would it be racist if I ran an ad for black voters criticizing Democrats for opposing charter schools and school vouchers, which provide opportunity for their community?

The perception of racism is based upon the fact that other furloughed convicts also committed crimes after being released, but they aren't mentioned in the ad. Only the "scary-looking black guy" is.

It's certainly going to be interpreted as insensitive by many.

But there's no way to deny that the Southern states have a heritage of people who fought in the civil war. I wouldn't seek to delete that, and as Hunter says:

"Complicated historical questions have been whittled down to politically correct bromides, more digestible to children and politicians."

I added the emphasis because the statement amuses me.

I do think it's also offensive (though not to as many people) to cast off the recognition of war dead and veterans of our country's civil war based on whether they sided with the Union or the Confederacy. That's not in the spirit of reconciliation or respecting our country's history.

Apparently it's OK to recognize the dead Confederates and not the dead Unionists who died on Virginian soil.

Back