What Happens When You're WHITE and You Run Down a Cop

zappasguitar

If he were black, he'd have been shot on site...

Scottie Scheffler arrested in alleged assault on police officer outside PGA Championship, then returns to ‘play some golf’

The world’s top-ranked golfer, Scottie Scheffler, was arrested, charged with felony assault and released from jail before shooting a stellar 5-under par at the PGA Championship on Friday in a whirlwind few hours that upended the typically staid world of professional golf.​

“I feel like my head is still spinning. I can’t really explain what happened this morning. I did spend some time stretching in a jail cell. That’s a first for me,” Scheffler said Friday afternoon. “I was fortunate to be able to make it back out and play some golf today.”

Scheffler, 27, was attempting to drive to the Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Kentucky, for the second round of the tournament at about 6 a.m. when he came to the scene of a fatal crash. He allegedly injured a police officer who was directing traffic and was then detained and arrested, according to police.

Scheffler was charged with felony second-degree assault on a police officer, along with lesser charges of third-degree criminal mischief, reckless driving and disregarding signals from officers directing traffic, according to Jefferson County court records.

He was released from jail and returned to the golf course for his tee time. Shortly after 10 a.m., he struck his first tee shot of the day, earning a round of applause from the crowd, and birdied the first hole.

Scheffler began Friday tied for 12th place at 4-under par. After his arrest, he shot 5-under par in the second round and was tied for third place when he finished play.

The arrest of the World No. 1 golfer – known as an “upright, outstanding” player who became a father just days ago – dramatically shook up one of golf’s major tournaments. Scheffler won his second Masters title last month and was the overwhelming favorite in the PGA Championship.

Star golfer Scottie Scheffler was arrested, had his mugshot taken, was charged with four crimes and then released on Friday morning prior to the start of the PGA Championship.

Scheffler’s attorney told CNN he plans to plead not guilty to the charges. In a statement, Scheffler called the incident a “big misunderstanding.”

“This morning, I was proceeding as directed by police officers. It was a very chaotic situation, understandably so considering the tragic accident that had occurred earlier, and there was a big misunderstanding of what I thought I was being asked to do,” he said in a statement on Instagram. “I never intended to disregard any of the instructions. I’m hopeful to put this to the side and focus on golf today.”

Speaking after his round, Scheffler declined to comment further on the specifics of what led to the arrest but said he believed it would be “resolved fairly quickly.”

Scheffler said he was “pretty rattled” by the arrest and that his heart rate was up during play. Still, he praised the officers at the jail, who he said made jokes while he was fingerprinted, and said he was grateful for the police.

What led to the arrest​

The incident began when Scheffler drove to the Valhalla Golf Club for the second round of the tournament around 6 a.m., according to ESPN’s Jeff Darlington, who witnessed and filmed the arrest.

Earlier in the morning, a pedestrian had been fatally struck by a bus while trying to cross the main road leading to the course, Louisville Metro Police Department spokesperson Dwight Mitchell said. Because of that, there was an increased police presence around the course’s entrance.

When Scheffler arrived in a marked player courtesy vehicle, he tried to drive around the crash scene on a median, according to ESPN, which first reported Scheffler’s detention. “A police officer instructed Scheffler to stop, but Scheffler continued to drive about 10 to 20 yards toward the entrance,” ESPN said.

Scheffler’s arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday.

PGA of America, the organizer of the PGA Championship, identified the pedestrian who died in the earlier crash as John Mills, a worker with a vendor for the organization.

“Our primary concern today remains with the family of John Mills, who lost his life in a tragic accident early this morning while reporting to work,” the organization said.

“As it relates to the incident involving Scottie Scheffler, we are fully cooperating as local authorities review what took place. While the legal process plays out, questions should be directed to Scheffler’s attorney or local authorities.”

In separate statements, both Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg and Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear offered condolences to the victim’s family and described the ensuing incident with Scheffler and police as “unfortunate.”

“LMPD is fully investigating this incident and the legal process will proceed. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation,” Greenberg said.

The man’s death “truly puts everything in perspective,” Scheffler said in his statement.

TELEMMGLPICT000232725266_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqaRL1kC4G7DT9ZsZm6Pe3PUPXbRlaI4_qh_dM2Z5d688.jpeg

Chauvin was never convicted of a Hate/Race crime. It was a white lib hoax.

So you have no problem with a racist double standard.

Understood.
The only thing you understand is your own racism and white lib media race hoaxes.

White libs defunded and removed police protection from Black neighborhoods, but not in white lib suburbs.

YOUR White Lib plantation policies
1. deny Black children an education
2. demonize their religion and fatherhood
3. destroy their traditional families
4. keep Black Americans trapped in Northern ghettos
5. encourage Black women to kill their children before they are born for financial reasons
6. create permanent poverty with generational welfare
7. deny them police protection
8. release criminals back into the community
9. dump infected illegals in their neighborhoods.
10. and "Lynch" Black republicans

The only thing you understand is your own racism and white lib media race hoaxes.

White libs defunded and removed police protection from Black neighborhoods, but not in white lib suburbs.

YOUR White Lib plantation policies
1. deny Black children an education
2. demonize their religion and fatherhood
3. destroy their traditional families
4. keep Black Americans trapped in Northern ghettos
5. encourage Black women to kill their children before they are born for financial reasons
6. create permanent poverty with generational welfare
7. deny them police protection
8. release criminals back into the community
9. dump infected illegals in their neighborhoods.
10. and "Lynch" Black republicans
More baseless, rhetorical nonsense.

I wish I could say I was surprised.

More baseless, rhetorical nonsense.

I wish I could say I was surprised.
Yet, it is all true. Why do you white libs oppose school choice for poor Black children?

"At 13 Baltimore City high schools, zero students tested ...

https://foxbaltimore.com › news › project-baltimore › a...

Sep 18, 2023 — At 13 Baltimore City high schools, zero students tested proficient on 2023 state math exam · Achievement Academy at Harbor City High · ConneXions: ..."

^^^^^^^
An example of how socialized education promotes and rewards failure.

And here you are trying to create racial hatred with a white lib race hoax. :dunno:

I heard this guy, based on a reading of the police report, was stuck in traffic trying to get to a pro tournament and was worried he'd miss his T time. So, the imbecile--he is a golfer after all--pulled out of traffic stuck because of an earlier fatal accident that caused the backup, went into the opposite lanes (eg., was driving the wrong way) when he encountered a cop directing traffic. The officer stopped him and then was about to direct him to the side of the road for further citation etc. That's pretty much what happens when you drive the wrong way.

Scheffier or whatever, gave the cop the Do you know who I am? routine, to which the cop gave the I don't care, you're getting a ticket type response. Said imbecile then just floored it and started to drive off knocking the cop down as he did.

From there the cops--there were more present--stopped idiot a second time, and then beat and arrested his stupid ass for running from the first cop, then resisting arrest, and the usual protests about Do you know who I am?!

That's just a stuck-up pro "athlete" and minor celebrity being the usual assholes they are. It isn't a racial thing, it's a person thinking their shit don't stink sort of thing.

So do I have this right......an officer grabs a moving car and gets slightly hurt and the citizen gets charged with felony assault of police officer?

If he were black, he'd have been shot on site...

Scottie Scheffler arrested in alleged assault on police officer outside PGA Championship, then returns to ‘play some golf’

The world’s top-ranked golfer, Scottie Scheffler, was arrested, charged with felony assault and released from jail before shooting a stellar 5-under par at the PGA Championship on Friday in a whirlwind few hours that upended the typically staid world of professional golf.​

“I feel like my head is still spinning. I can’t really explain what happened this morning. I did spend some time stretching in a jail cell. That’s a first for me,” Scheffler said Friday afternoon. “I was fortunate to be able to make it back out and play some golf today.”

Scheffler, 27, was attempting to drive to the Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Kentucky, for the second round of the tournament at about 6 a.m. when he came to the scene of a fatal crash. He allegedly injured a police officer who was directing traffic and was then detained and arrested, according to police.

Scheffler was charged with felony second-degree assault on a police officer, along with lesser charges of third-degree criminal mischief, reckless driving and disregarding signals from officers directing traffic, according to Jefferson County court records.

He was released from jail and returned to the golf course for his tee time. Shortly after 10 a.m., he struck his first tee shot of the day, earning a round of applause from the crowd, and birdied the first hole.

Scheffler began Friday tied for 12th place at 4-under par. After his arrest, he shot 5-under par in the second round and was tied for third place when he finished play.

The arrest of the World No. 1 golfer – known as an “upright, outstanding” player who became a father just days ago – dramatically shook up one of golf’s major tournaments. Scheffler won his second Masters title last month and was the overwhelming favorite in the PGA Championship.

Star golfer Scottie Scheffler was arrested, had his mugshot taken, was charged with four crimes and then released on Friday morning prior to the start of the PGA Championship.

Scheffler’s attorney told CNN he plans to plead not guilty to the charges. In a statement, Scheffler called the incident a “big misunderstanding.”

“This morning, I was proceeding as directed by police officers. It was a very chaotic situation, understandably so considering the tragic accident that had occurred earlier, and there was a big misunderstanding of what I thought I was being asked to do,” he said in a statement on Instagram. “I never intended to disregard any of the instructions. I’m hopeful to put this to the side and focus on golf today.”

Speaking after his round, Scheffler declined to comment further on the specifics of what led to the arrest but said he believed it would be “resolved fairly quickly.”

Scheffler said he was “pretty rattled” by the arrest and that his heart rate was up during play. Still, he praised the officers at the jail, who he said made jokes while he was fingerprinted, and said he was grateful for the police.

What led to the arrest​

The incident began when Scheffler drove to the Valhalla Golf Club for the second round of the tournament around 6 a.m., according to ESPN’s Jeff Darlington, who witnessed and filmed the arrest.

Earlier in the morning, a pedestrian had been fatally struck by a bus while trying to cross the main road leading to the course, Louisville Metro Police Department spokesperson Dwight Mitchell said. Because of that, there was an increased police presence around the course’s entrance.

When Scheffler arrived in a marked player courtesy vehicle, he tried to drive around the crash scene on a median, according to ESPN, which first reported Scheffler’s detention. “A police officer instructed Scheffler to stop, but Scheffler continued to drive about 10 to 20 yards toward the entrance,” ESPN said.

Scheffler’s arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday.

PGA of America, the organizer of the PGA Championship, identified the pedestrian who died in the earlier crash as John Mills, a worker with a vendor for the organization.

“Our primary concern today remains with the family of John Mills, who lost his life in a tragic accident early this morning while reporting to work,” the organization said.

“As it relates to the incident involving Scottie Scheffler, we are fully cooperating as local authorities review what took place. While the legal process plays out, questions should be directed to Scheffler’s attorney or local authorities.”

In separate statements, both Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg and Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear offered condolences to the victim’s family and described the ensuing incident with Scheffler and police as “unfortunate.”

“LMPD is fully investigating this incident and the legal process will proceed. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation,” Greenberg said.

The man’s death “truly puts everything in perspective,” Scheffler said in his statement.

Do you do anything besides piss and moan? Of course not you're a leftist nitwit

So do I have this right......an officer grabs a moving car and gets slightly hurt and the citizen gets charged with felony assault of police officer?
Not quite. A guy drives his car the wrong way on a closed street to get around a traffic jam. A cop stops him and while questioning the driver, the driver essentially says I don't have time for this and tries to drive off knocking the officer down as a result. Other police stop the vehicle again where the driver gets angry and aggressive with them. The cops proceed to beat the driver into submission, cuff him up, and haul him to jail.

Pretty standard stuff when you obviously break a number of serious traffic laws and then start shit with the cops when they stop you...

Not quite. A guy drives his car the wrong way on a closed street to get around a traffic jam. A cop stops him and while questioning the driver, the driver essentially says I don't have time for this and tries to drive off knocking the officer down as a result. Other police stop the vehicle again where the driver gets angry and aggressive with them. The cops proceed to beat the driver into submission, cuff him up, and haul him to jail.

Pretty standard stuff when you obviously break a number of serious traffic laws and then start shit with the cops when they stop you...
I am extremely skeptical. Not sure if there is video though apparently no cop body cam which was turned off...already -1 for the cops claims.

I am extremely skeptical. Not sure if there is video though apparently no cop body cam which was turned off...already -1 for the cops claims.
The officer that was knocked down was transported by ambulance to a local hospital for examination and treatment. There will be separate records of that. That there was a previous accident and traffic jam will have separate records too.

It will be hard to argue that the cops singled this guy out of a traffic jam for some reason whereas his trying to go around it illegally would have gotten their attention ASAP.

The officer that was knocked down was transported by ambulance to a local hospital for examination and treatment. There will be separate records of that. That there was a previous accident and traffic jam will have separate records too.

It will be hard to argue that the cops singled this guy out of a traffic jam for some reason whereas his trying to go around it illegally would have gotten their attention ASAP.
The story I heard is that he/she/whatever grabbed a moving car which pulled them down, getting slightly hurt....which makes them stupid. If so the charges are abusive.

Yet, it is all true. Why do you white libs oppose school choice for poor Black children?

"At 13 Baltimore City high schools, zero students tested ...

https://foxbaltimore.com › news › project-baltimore › a...

Sep 18, 2023 — At 13 Baltimore City high schools, zero students tested proficient on 2023 state math exam · Achievement Academy at Harbor City High · ConneXions: ..."

^^^^^^^
An example of how socialized education promotes and rewards failure.

And here you are trying to create racial hatred with a white lib race hoax. :dunno:
No one denied anyone an education, which is what you claim.

If students won't learn, then its the parent's fault.

Back