What Happens When You're WHITE and You Run Down a Cop

If he were black, he'd have been shot on site...

Scottie Scheffler arrested in alleged assault on police officer outside PGA Championship, then returns to ‘play some golf’

The world’s top-ranked golfer, Scottie Scheffler, was arrested, charged with felony assault and released from jail before shooting a stellar 5-under par at the PGA Championship on Friday in a whirlwind few hours that upended the typically staid world of professional golf.​

I wondered how that turned out. Damn. If he'd been black, he would have joined the victim of the fatal car crash in the morgue.

No doubt he'll get it plea-bargained down to a speeding ticket.. :rolleyes:

He's a better golfer for than you or me...;) He didn't use great judgment, for sure... But neither did the security... I hope they work things out...
Just because he's a better golfer isn't reason enough to drive the wrong way to his tournament. He should have been a little smarter than knocking a traffic controller down and saying he's better than you or I. Would you or I have gotten off?

Just because he's a better golfer isn't reason enough to drive the wrong way to his tournament. He should have been a little smarter than knocking a traffic controller down and saying he's better than you or I. Would you or I have gotten off?
You're correct....( I was just saying he was better than You are I because we don't golf... not excusing him...) I want to think that you or I could have worked things after there was was a full understanding of what happened... He was remorseful ...as we would have been... I doubt everything will be dropped. I just wish that they would work it out... I would wish the same for Is one of us or anyone...

You're correct....( I was just saying he was better than You are I because we don't golf... not excusing him...) I want to think that you or I could have worked things after there was was a full understanding of what happened... He was remorseful ...as we would have been... I doubt everything will be dropped. I just wish that they would work it out... I would wish the same for Is one of us or anyone...
Well, there's a few I'd wish they would throw the book at (yep, I've been there)

Well, there's a few I'd wish they would throw the book at (yep, I've been there)
I Totally get that...Totally...( Dozens and dozens of violations around schools every day...) And he was in the wrong.... I just hope they sit down and discuss all the circumstances.So that none of what happens that morning ever happens again...

Without having perused the entire thread,
I can only offer that I don't know
because I haven't run one down yet.

I drive so little these days that I could be running out of time.
Is that considered a requisite experience?
I'll ask my daughter.

If he were black, he'd have been shot on site...

Scottie Scheffler arrested in alleged assault on police officer outside PGA Championship, then returns to ‘play some golf’

The world’s top-ranked golfer, Scottie Scheffler, was arrested, charged with felony assault and released from jail before shooting a stellar 5-under par at the PGA Championship on Friday in a whirlwind few hours that upended the typically staid world of professional golf.​

“I feel like my head is still spinning. I can’t really explain what happened this morning. I did spend some time stretching in a jail cell. That’s a first for me,” Scheffler said Friday afternoon. “I was fortunate to be able to make it back out and play some golf today.”

Scheffler, 27, was attempting to drive to the Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Kentucky, for the second round of the tournament at about 6 a.m. when he came to the scene of a fatal crash. He allegedly injured a police officer who was directing traffic and was then detained and arrested, according to police.

Scheffler was charged with felony second-degree assault on a police officer, along with lesser charges of third-degree criminal mischief, reckless driving and disregarding signals from officers directing traffic, according to Jefferson County court records.

He was released from jail and returned to the golf course for his tee time. Shortly after 10 a.m., he struck his first tee shot of the day, earning a round of applause from the crowd, and birdied the first hole.

Scheffler began Friday tied for 12th place at 4-under par. After his arrest, he shot 5-under par in the second round and was tied for third place when he finished play.

The arrest of the World No. 1 golfer – known as an “upright, outstanding” player who became a father just days ago – dramatically shook up one of golf’s major tournaments. Scheffler won his second Masters title last month and was the overwhelming favorite in the PGA Championship.

Star golfer Scottie Scheffler was arrested, had his mugshot taken, was charged with four crimes and then released on Friday morning prior to the start of the PGA Championship.

Scheffler’s attorney told CNN he plans to plead not guilty to the charges. In a statement, Scheffler called the incident a “big misunderstanding.”

“This morning, I was proceeding as directed by police officers. It was a very chaotic situation, understandably so considering the tragic accident that had occurred earlier, and there was a big misunderstanding of what I thought I was being asked to do,” he said in a statement on Instagram. “I never intended to disregard any of the instructions. I’m hopeful to put this to the side and focus on golf today.”

Speaking after his round, Scheffler declined to comment further on the specifics of what led to the arrest but said he believed it would be “resolved fairly quickly.”

Scheffler said he was “pretty rattled” by the arrest and that his heart rate was up during play. Still, he praised the officers at the jail, who he said made jokes while he was fingerprinted, and said he was grateful for the police.

What led to the arrest​

The incident began when Scheffler drove to the Valhalla Golf Club for the second round of the tournament around 6 a.m., according to ESPN’s Jeff Darlington, who witnessed and filmed the arrest.

Earlier in the morning, a pedestrian had been fatally struck by a bus while trying to cross the main road leading to the course, Louisville Metro Police Department spokesperson Dwight Mitchell said. Because of that, there was an increased police presence around the course’s entrance.

When Scheffler arrived in a marked player courtesy vehicle, he tried to drive around the crash scene on a median, according to ESPN, which first reported Scheffler’s detention. “A police officer instructed Scheffler to stop, but Scheffler continued to drive about 10 to 20 yards toward the entrance,” ESPN said.

Scheffler’s arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday.

PGA of America, the organizer of the PGA Championship, identified the pedestrian who died in the earlier crash as John Mills, a worker with a vendor for the organization.

“Our primary concern today remains with the family of John Mills, who lost his life in a tragic accident early this morning while reporting to work,” the organization said.

“As it relates to the incident involving Scottie Scheffler, we are fully cooperating as local authorities review what took place. While the legal process plays out, questions should be directed to Scheffler’s attorney or local authorities.”

In separate statements, both Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg and Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear offered condolences to the victim’s family and described the ensuing incident with Scheffler and police as “unfortunate.”

“LMPD is fully investigating this incident and the legal process will proceed. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation,” Greenberg said.

The man’s death “truly puts everything in perspective,” Scheffler said in his statement.

Footage Shows Scottie Scheffler’s Car Merely Crawling Through Crash Scene​

Released Video Of Scottie Scheffler’s Arrest Suggests Officer’s Account Of What Happened Was A Total Lie​

You stopid fuckin SOB POS .....DIE!!!

Released Video Of Scottie Scheffler’s Arrest Suggests Officer’s Account Of What Happened Was A Total Lie​

You seem stable. I’m willing to bet you’re actually a liberal.

I'm fairly sure that anyone with that much venom inside is going to die a lot sooner than someone who doesn't give a shit what some anonymous Internet stranger says on a discussion forum. Enjoy your karma! :laugh:

I'm reminded of the Dave Chappell piece on Jussie Smollett where he spoke on the black silence on the issue because he said black people knew he was clearly lying and "none of these details added up at all" about the story.

There was an element of that here. What was the motivation for Scheffler to run over a cop? Nor is there a history of golfers running over cops entering golf courses. And there were plenty of other officers around. Are we really to believe that if they saw one of their own getting dragged they were just going to be cool with it because it was Scottie Scheffler who got out of the car instead of Tiger Woods?

The story didn't pass the sniff test.

I'm reminded of the Dave Chappell piece on Jussie Smollett where he spoke on the black silence on the issue because he said black people knew he was clearly lying and "none of these details added up at all" about the story.

There was an element of that here. What was the motivation for Scheffler to run over a cop? Nor is there a history of golfers running over cops entering golf courses. And there were plenty of other officers around. Are we really to believe that if they saw one of their own getting dragged they were just going to be cool with it because it was Scottie Scheffler who got out of the car instead of Tiger Woods?

The story didn't pass the sniff test.
And yet the charges stand.

Back