What has Bush killed.

Jarod

Contributor
CHANGE, thats the word that gets political supporters standing up and clapping.

So this beggs the question, Change from what?

Has Bush finally killed Cowboy Forign Policy?
Has he finally nailed the last peg into the coffin of patironizing domestic policy?

Bush has destroyed an element of politics, a place that cant be returned to. I think its ignorance and religous fundamentalism, anti-science and pretending to believe things because you just want them to be true. He killed the cancer that resulted in naming things the opposite of what they were... Like "The Patirot Act" and "No Child Left Behind".

What do you think it is that has been destroyed? What are the voters screaming we change from?

CHANGE, thats the word that gets political supporters standing up and clapping.

So this beggs the question, Change from what?

Has Bush finally killed Cowboy Forign Policy?
Has he finally nailed the last peg into the coffin of patironizing domestic policy?

Bush has destroyed an element of politics, a place that cant be returned to. I think its ignorance and religous fundamentalism, anti-science and pretending to believe things because you just want them to be true. He killed the cancer that resulted in naming things the opposite of what they were... Like "The Patirot Act" and "No Child Left Behind".

What do you think it is that has been destroyed? What are the voters screaming we change from?

Out of curiousity what was your issue with No Child Left Behind?

I personally belive it is an attempt to "let the fruit die on the vine". It is such a mess of a educational system. Bush is against public funding of education, at least he was before he got into politics.

Mess the system up so badly and bankrupt it so severaly that it will die.

"What are the voters screaming we change from?"

The vitriolic hatred the two parties display towards one another.

I dont think so, although voters do seem to hate that, but if that were the case why have the voters included everyone but the hard core conservatives?

Its the conservatives that were first to be removed in the primary system!

Don't know about Jarod's but my issue with it was that you are trying to take all kids and make them perform equally at the same time and funding to schools was given or withheld based upon that. You can never expect all school kids to perform equally at the same time. While the premise of NCLB was a good one the method wasn't good. Schools have to be allowed to actually hold kids back (yes, what we used to call flunking) when they don't perform up to standards and their funding shouldn't be based upon whether or not these kids can pass some form of a so called standardized test.

So voters enjoy that?

I'm a voter and I enjoy spewing vitriolic hate toward the Neo-Cons. If they were going to the polls to change that, they'd vote for a third party. Too bad for you Ron Paul guys that has 0 basis in reality.

I personally belive it is an attempt to "let the fruit die on the vine". It is such a mess of a educational system. Bush is against public funding of education, at least he was before he got into politics.

If I wanted to kill the public school education system I sure wouldn't have Ted Kennedy and George Miller write my education bill for me and then greatly increase the dollars the federal government contributes to education.

I dont think so, although voters do seem to hate that, but if that were the case why have the voters included everyone but the hard core conservatives?

True conservatives, economically speaking, have been absent from politics for a very long time.

Social conservatives are still represented by the likes of Huckabee.

Note.... the hard core lefties are the ones now sitting on the sidelines trying to figure out why Edwards class warfare didn't do better.

True conservatives, economically speaking, have been absent from politics for a very long time.

Note.... the hard core lefties are the ones now sitting on the sidelines trying to figure out why Edwards class warfare didn't do better.

That's always my favorite line: Whens someone accuses a guy who sets out to help the lower classes of committing the egregious act of "class warfare." SF has to be sitting there with a Republican MADLIB book pulling out tripe left and right when he's on here.

Next he'll be talking about Democrats and "surrender to terror."

True but, the Democrats have two viable liberals. The Republicans are upset about not having a viable "true" conservative to support...

The full plan Bush wanted would have created vouchers. It was not implemented, instead we got this "compromise" between DrunkenKiller and IraqiWarPres that made it suck eggs.

Only the social conservatives.

The full plan Bush wanted would have created vouchers. It was not implemented, instead we got this "compromise" between DrunkenKiller and IraqiWarPres that made it suck eggs.

Vouchers would have been one step furtehr along toward killing public education.

Vouchers would have been one step furtehr along toward killing public education.
It would change it, not kill it.

The idea that public education must mean state run schools rather than just funding is where you and I would part ways there. Vouchers would not "kill" public funding of education, just the machine the state uses to impress its will on our children.

Back