What If the Dollar Falls?

Nope. No depositors.

Not a bank. A warehouse.

That's a clearing house. There are several such clearing houses. The Federal Reserve is just one of them. Not a bank.

They do not make loans.

This part is correct. Banks borrow from each other. This is why a bank failure affects other banks.

The Federal Reserve does not make loans. The 'discount window' you speak of is really a grant program.

There are no shares of stock in the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is a government agency.

no. there are shares that pay dividends. they are privately held.

stop lying.

Bank Members
The 12 regional Federal Reserve banks are set up similarly to private banks. They store currency, process checks, and make loans to the private banks within their area that they regulate. These banks are also members of the Federal Reserve banking system. As such, they must maintain reserve requirements. In return, they can borrow from each other at the fed funds rate when needed. As a last resort, they can also borrow from the Fed's discount window at the discount rate.7

To be a member of the Federal Reserve system, commercial banks must own shares of stock in the 12 regional Federal Reserve banks.

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/who-owns-the-federal-reserve-3305974

You gave me a link to a blog? And what you actually bothered to type out isn't bad or evil. Of course they have to buy in.

When the Spanish produced Thalers, they called them "Dollars". It was still a large silver coin, nearly an ounce in weight. The new USA created a paper currency, that they promised to redeem for Spanish Dollars, known as the US Dollar. They redeemed them for slightly lighter silver coins. In Mexico, the Spanish Dollar was called the Peso. After Mexican independence, they created a Mexican Dollar coin, which was also called the Mexican Peso coin.

The USA was mostly a silver standard country at first, but always had a little bimetallism. The problem with bimetallism is that the government is forced to defend a set exchange rate between two metals that will change in price over time. Silver turned out to be inflationary, in that huge amounts of silver were found over time.

An interesting fact, gold is much more common in the solar system than you would assume from the surface of the earth. That means that we might soon be importing huge amounts of gold, and it might become inflationary too.

Yep.

You gave me a link to a blog? And what you actually bothered to type out isn't bad or evil. Of course they have to buy in.

and they buy in with shares, and those shares pay dividends.

it's not like any other agency. private banks get returns from the operation of the fed.

this is fascism. I know, you libertarian dumb cunts cant recognize fascism anymore.

are there any other "agencies" like that, dumbfuck?

and they buy in with shares, and those shares pay dividends.

it's not like any other agency. private banks get returns from the operation of the fed.

this is fascism. I know, you libertarian dumb cunts cant recognize fascism anymore.

are there any other "agencies" like that, dumbfuck?

That's what I asked you to prove and your response was a blog post. Lick my ass.

You're going with that? I know a lot more about this than you do. I don't respect you because I think you're an idiot.

you don't know there are shares in the federal reserve owned by private companies.

I told you now and you still can't seem to learn a simple fucking fact.

Back