What Is A Woman?

Nobody seems to know.
If a man slept with it, most [albeit obviously not all] of the time he considers it a woman.

If he never slept with it but it fed him and did his laundry,
probably the same thing. Possibly, anyway.

Since we decided to not go with biological parts as an indicator,
the whole fucking thing seems to be a matter of opinion.

At this stage of my life, I'm not sure that I even care.

https://twitter.com/IrhamAnshar/status/1670226870384889856

Can you define the word "woman" without using the word "woman"?

The Dictionary defines a woman as: An adult human female.

I saw the "What is a Woman?" documentary that you linked to. I thought it was pretty good. I think that Matt Walsh has gone a bit too far as a person, but I think that he sticks to good points in the documentary itself. I had heard of the documentary from journalist Matt Taibi, who did a review of it. I felt what he had to say to be very educational. The introduction to his article can be seen here:

"What is a Woman?" A Movie That Should Be Reviewed More, For One Thing | racket.news

Only biological women have xx chromosomes.

And btw, "Cis" means normal but they won't use that. It's moronic. Word games to cover up the obvious to the dumb.

Etymologically it is a latin prefix. It means "same side"... In chemistry they use the Latin prefixes of "trans" (opposite side) and "cis" (same side) to describe how atoms are situated in a molecule, this was an extension of that particular phraseology.

Just so folks know where it comes from and how it fits...

Since transgender was being utilized to describe folks that were "opposite" to biological gender they (the person who first coined the term) extended the same prefix subset and made heteronormative folk cisgender.

Nowadays, of course, it is used in myriad ways that it was not intended. Cisgender can be used as, and often taken as, a slur for what the 60s would call a "square", someone who is not with "it", a "normal"... Cisgender can be used in law, as it was in the Indian Supreme Court when they ruled that the word "woman" can include other than cis-gendered (that's how they spelled it) women... It is most used by folks who accept the current narrative and usually in an attempt to draw a reaction from others who do not generally accept the current social narrative. Folks that think Lia Thomas should not compete with women who never went through puberty as a male... those kind of "weirdos".

Here's an article that describes how they coined the word...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-cisgender-means-transgender_n_63e13ee0e4b01e9288730415

Etymologically it is a latin prefix. It means "same side"... In chemistry they use the Latin prefixes of "trans" (opposite side) and "cis" (same side) to describe how atoms are situated in a molecule, this was an extension of that particular phraseology.

Just so folks know where it comes from and how it fits...

Since transgender was being utilized to describe folks that were "opposite" to biological gender they (the person who first coined the term) extended the same prefix subset and made heteronormative folk cisgender.

Nowadays, of course, it is used in myriad ways that it was not intended. Cisgender can be used as, and often taken as, a slur for what the 60s would call a "square", someone who is not with "it", a "normal"... Cisgender can be used in law, as it was in the Indian Supreme Court when they ruled that the word "woman" can include other than cis-gendered (that's how they spelled it) women... It is most used by folks who accept the current narrative and usually in an attempt to draw a reaction from others who do not generally accept the current social narrative. Folks that think Lia Thomas should not compete with women who never went through puberty as a male... those kind of "weirdos".

Here's an article that describes how they coined the word...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-cisgender-means-transgender_n_63e13ee0e4b01e9288730415
"Cisgendered" means one identifies with the gender they were born with. I call that normal.

cis·gen·der

adjective

• denoting or relating to a person whose gender identity corresponds with the sex registered for them at birth; not transgender.

"Cisgendered" means one identifies with the gender they were born with. I call that normal.

[FONT=&]cis·gen·der

[/FONT]

adjective

• denoting or relating to a person whose gender identity corresponds with the sex registered for them at birth; not transgender.

Yeah, I was not disputing that. I was adding to it, telling folks where the prefix comes from. I know that for me etymology helps create a deeper understanding of words in language. I use a Russian etymological dictionary when I come upon a new Russian word. It includes where prefixes come from, etc. It is very helpful to untangle some inferred meanings that I would otherwise miss with just a definition.

Yeah, I was not disputing that. I was adding to it, telling folks where the prefix comes from. I know that for me etymology helps create a deeper understanding of words in language. I use a Russian etymological dictionary when I come upon a new Russian word. It includes where prefixes come from, etc. It is very helpful to untangle some inferred meanings that I would otherwise miss with just a definition.
Thanks. I didn't know the Latin meaning of Cis.

Back