What is your personal destny for you and your family?

theMAJORITY

MAJORITYrules-sorry
Me--I am not sure. I used to be sure when I got out of HS, and worked my butt off to obtain 3 manufacturing degrees. I never thought, in a million years, that a bill like NAFTA wuld be signed for shareholders interest only, and I thought I was getting into a good field. My degrees I worked for, and paid for out of my own pocket without any welfare assistance, are all but worthless now, and I am now self employed out of my home. I build small two stroke engines for recreational industries, and I sell them all over the world. Business is good for now--but I know the EPA wants to ban the motors I work on. I won't ask for welfare if that happens---trust me. I am a tough individual, that pulls his own boot straps up.

I want to know what you people do for income---and I will try to predict your fate.

Are you in health care? Cause that will be a really good one. But I want to see what the people here do to earn their income.

So--what do you do? And do you think your quality of life will improve in the near future?

Last edited:
The pathology of the corporate environment goes back to the beginning of "scientific management" , the purposeful transformation of men into machines, with all implied efficiencies and dehumanizations.

The very organizational structure of the public company guarantees and perpetuates immorality. The separation of executive/management and ownership gives each a moral "out clause" for the inhmanities committed in the name of profit. Owners can look at their stock portfolio rise from the war profiteering and bloodshed, and say "but I'm not involved in management how could I be guilty". And managers and executives can say their only duty is to maximize profit. Meanwhile, the atrocities continue while the two involved parties point fingers in a calculated deadlock of moral inaction.

Well....

My heart bleeds for you...I also am against outsourcing and in-sourcing our American way! Having said that I am retired I worked when jobs were really jobs for Americans...Live on a fixed income now...albeit everything I own is paid off...so it is not all that bad!
As for the kids I gave them advice to pursue jobs in the government...as did I...The GD works for the local Sheriffs Department as a administrative assistant to the Sheriff...she is going to school and working on her degreee in Criminal Justice...Her mom works for a International Company that sells books...she is testing for a position with the Sheriffs department as a dispatcher...way more money and benefits!

What else can I say?:)

My heart bleeds for you...I also am against outsourcing and in-sourcing our American way! Having said that I am retired I worked when jobs were really jobs for Americans...Live on a fixed income now...albeit everything I own is paid off...so it is not all that bad!
As for the kids I gave them advice to pursue jobs in the government...as did I...The GD works for the local Sheriffs Department as a administrative assistant to the Sheriff...she is going to school and working on her degreee in Criminal Justice...Her mom works for a International Company that sells books...she is testing for a position with the Sheriffs department as a dispatcher...way more money and benefits!

Your advice to your kids is sound, considering our slouch toward fascism.

Finance for an oil company, accounting and MBA degree's which would transfer should we go into another oil slump.
Are all three of your degrees in the same field, adding diversity is why I got an MBA over a cpa.

global trade has added way more than it has subtracted.
Just hurts more to the folks it cut off at the knees.
How long have you been out of college and how much stock have your invested in majority?

Me--I am not sure. I used to be sure when I got out of HS, and worked my butt off to obtain 3 manufacturing degrees. I never thought, in a million years, that a bill like NAFTA wuld be signed for shareholders interest only, and I thought I was getting into a good field. My degrees I worked for, and paid for out of my own pocket without any welfare assistance, are all but worthless now, and I am now self employed out of my home. I build small two stroke engines for recreational industries, and I sell them all over the world. Business is good for now--but I know the EPA wants to ban the motors I work on. I won't ask for welfare if that happens---trust me. I am a tough individual, that pulls his own boot straps up.

I want to know what you people do for income---and I will try to predict your fate.

Are you in health care? Cause that will be a really good one. But I want to see what the people here do to earn their income.

So--what do you do? And do you think your quality of life will improve in the near future?

WAAAHAHHHHHh!!! It's all NAFTA's FAULT~!!!

If we repealed NAFTA, it WOULD be WELFARE for you, and it would hurt the rest of the nation.

How long have you been out of college and how much stock have your invested in majority?

You sure? You seem to be desperately trying to convince yourself of the morality of your own beliefs.

yes they do...Down on the bayou...'Midnight hour'...many great songs...but hey there were those who came before and set the lead...wanna ;)get gritty with this oldie...or back off......lol

Green River is one of the grittiest songs around. Fogerty was probably in the top 10 coolest vocalists in all of rock and roll history.

In fact, when I was in my band in high school 350 years ago, CCR was the most covered band. A true marriage between old folk and classic rock. Great band.

I work in the software development industry.
However I am comfortably fixed money wise, so can retire anytime.

In short I the future finiancial troubles will not really bother me much.
I am concerned that my grandchildren will have it much rougher than I did though. But they will have a place to live as my property is set up to be taen care of tax wise and such. "Held in perpetuity" I believe is the term for how I had my farm set up.

More milliionaires than everr before :clink:

I work in the software development industry.
However I am comfortably fixed money wise, so can retire anytime.

In short I the future finiancial troubles will not really bother me much.
I am concerned that my grandchildren will have it much rougher than I did though. But they will have a place to live as my property is set up to be taen care of tax wise and such. "Held in perpetuity" I believe is the term for how I had my farm set up.

You done good, gramps.:clink:

Thanks AHZ.

Still buying a power ball ticket now and again though, my goal is to be filthy rich and own a few politicians :)

The pathology of the corporate environment goes back to the beginning of "scientific management" , the purposeful transformation of men into machines, with all implied efficiencies and dehumanizations.

The very organizational structure of the public company guarantees and perpetuates immorality. The separation of executive/management and ownership gives each a moral "out clause" for the inhmanities committed in the name of profit. Owners can look at their stock portfolio rise from the war profiteering and bloodshed, and say "but I'm not involved in management how could I be guilty". And managers and executives can say their only duty is to maximize profit. Meanwhile, the atrocities continue while the two involved parties point fingers in a calculated deadlock of moral inaction.

I gotta say, you seem like a really sharp person to me. Well informed, well educated (home schooled?), and definatly capable of critical thinking. You sir---are a great American---and I thank you. Can you share with us how you make your money? Because you are one, that I think would make a great politician. As of now---we have no alternate view points that go anywhere near as deep as you just did. May be Ron Paul---but he seems like the only one I have herd about since Ross Perot.

Last edited:

I don't need or want some ones heart to bleed for me. I just wanted to show how bad trade policies hurt our people greatly. I am one of the lucky ones, because I did have something to fall back on. Most others are not as fortunate---and now they feel they need welfare (like socilized medicine). It is tough times like this when our government takes advantage of us the most IMO---not unlike the New Deal. I am actually starting to think bad decisions are made on purpose, to put the people in despare---so they can be taken advantage of more easily.

Unless we can change the way we vote for candidates, so they don't have to be elite to have a shot of winning---we will have to go hungry as a mass population, before we get mad enough for the people to take control again. The globalization is very dynamic right now, and I am not sure if our government can make sure we don't starve to that point. It seems, just above that point is where we are kept as a working class people.

Back