What "social programs" do you support?

Canceled.2014.1

I am curious about this. Between the extremes there are so many levels of support.

Please discuss what you think the gov't should have in place as a safety net or what you think it should provide for the citizens.

Public education. However I would like to see a more efficient system that allows parents choices, more like Belgium with community owned, private schools, and government run schools competing for students, less like the Soviet Union with solely government run schools participating in the "windfall" of students.

An educated citizenry is absolutely necessary to a democracy, whether representative and a republic limited constitutionally like ours, or a direct democracy (if any should exist).

Chumming for the fish ?

Sounds like a loaded question in order to label others as bigots or racists or totally uncompassionate to the misfortunes of others....

Its like asking 'do you still beat your wife'......

Chumming for the fish ?

Sounds like a loaded question in order to label others as bigots or racists or totally uncompassionate to the misfortunes of others....

Its like asking 'do you still beat your wife'......

It's absolutely nothing like that at all. It's incredibly not that.

It's a pretty basic, open question for a political message board.

It's absolutely nothing like that at all. It's incredibly not that.

It's a pretty basic, open question for a political message board.

Oh, it is pretty basic and open for a person looking for a hearty debate....and its loaded, big time....
Any social program you disagree with will be like painting a sign on your forehead.....and you will undoubtedly paint the letter R....

BTW....I'd be interested to know what social programs do you NOT SUPPORT ?

I am curious about this. Between the extremes there are so many levels of support.

Please discuss what you think the gov't should have in place as a safety net or what you think it should provide for the citizens.

I support a mixed economy and would love to see the US greatly expand the social safety net. Obviously single payer is a no-brainer.

Bravo, lol, afraid of a simple question, lol!

Prenatal/early childhood nutrition programs

Public education

Teen pregnancy prevention

Mental health programs

Social Security

Universal healthcare/single payer

Infrastructure repair and development

Veterans

Right off the top of my head...

Bravo, lol, afraid of a simple question, lol!

Prenatal/early childhood nutrition programs

Public education

Teen pregnancy prevention

Mental health programs

Social Security

Universal healthcare/single payer

Infrastructure repair and development

Veterans

Right off the top of my head...

Thats why I asked Thingy1 what social programs he DOESN'T SUPPORT....
the list could be shorter...or not even exist....

Back