What "social programs" do you support?

Chumming for the fish ?

Sounds like a loaded question in order to label others as bigots or racists or totally uncompassionate to the misfortunes of others....

Its like asking 'do you still beat your wife'......

Absolutely not. I have not baited the question at all. In fact, this is one of the few threads that does NOT lead.

I am curious about this. Between the extremes there are so many levels of support.

Please discuss what you think the gov't should have in place as a safety net or what you think it should provide for the citizens.

All federal social programs are unconstitutional. Therefore supporting them is either ignorance of the Constitution, or disdain for it. I oppose all federal social programs, subsidies and congressionally undeclared unconstitutional wars.

The power of socialized government programming is a State power as mandated by our national Constitution.

I support the constitutionally established State’s right of creating social safety net programming as long as it doesn’t violate any article or amendment of the national Constitution. That in no way implies that I would support or not support any particular State’s social program, but rather only the State’s right to create social programs.

Chumming for the fish ?

Sounds like a loaded question in order to label others as bigots or racists or totally uncompassionate to the misfortunes of others....

Its like asking 'do you still beat your wife'......

If you think writing down your political beliefs makes you look like a bigot, or racist, that's really your problem. Don't expect us to ignore harmful views to make you look good.

BTW....I'd be interested to know what social programs do you NOT SUPPORT ?

Here's a few off the top of my head:

Oil subsidies

Farm Subsidies

Corporate loopholes

Tax breaks for corporations

agreed.....that also explains why liberals came up with the idea.....

Do you mean like the government single payor healthcare the Bush administration provided to the Iraqi citizens, but not us?

If you think writing down your political beliefs makes you look like a bigot, or racist, that's really your problem. Don't expect us to ignore harmful views to make you look good.

Thanks for proving my point so clearly...one don't even have to answer the question to be ridiculed and labeled....

Last edited:
I am curious about this. Between the extremes there are so many levels of support.

Please discuss what you think the gov't should have in place as a safety net or what you think it should provide for the citizens.

None.

No federal social programs.

Let the states deal with this.

Here's a few off the top of my head:

Oil subsidies

Farm Subsidies

Corporate loopholes

Tax breaks for corporations

You really have no clue to the fact that all the costs of doing business gets passed down to the little people.

If you tax them more, they won't suffer the cost,,,,,, you and I will.

So you're really saying, "tax the poor more".

You really have no clue to the fact that all the costs of doing business gets passed down to the little people.

The logic is way way above what the pinhead can grasp.....he only understands the Koolaid he thrives on.

They're not taxes. They're handouts. If a business can't survive without regular government help, it's not a well-run business.

They're not taxes. They're handouts. If a business can't survive without regular government help, it's not a well-run business.

That's not the point, If a business expects to make a certain amount, they're going to charge accordingly.

Thw whole "let the states deal with it" school of thought really doesn't make sense from a practical standpoint. Typically, spending on social programs it at its highest when the economy is in recession and which happens to be the time when state tax receipts are generally at their lowest. Add in the fact that states generally can't run deficits by law and you end up with a pretty shitty situation where people need help but there is no moeny to help them.

The incidence of corporate taxation is hardly as strightforward as you suggest.

Back