What to read this Election Season

To me, open-minded is putting the washer on spin-cycle, or getting naked and running around my backyard. Not "I'm cool cause I read books that I don't like!" Anyone who reads books that they don't like are wasting their time. That's my open-minded oppinion, or shall I say fact!

Interesting reads for this insane season of politics and fear. Some history and one book that like 'Columbine' by Dave Cullen makes you truly wonder.

"It's fun to tease people about where fiction and life intersect." Dorothy Allison

'Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class' by Ian Haney López

'It's Even Worse Than It Looks: How the American Constitutional System Collided With the New Politics of Extremism' by Thomas E. Mann, Norman J. Ornstein

'What Terrorists Want: Understanding the Enemy, Containing the Threat' by Louise Richardson

'One of Us: The Story of Anders Breivik and the Massacre in Norway' By Asne Seierstad. Translated by Sarah Death.

'The Speechwriter: A Brief Education in Politics' by Barton Swaim

'Idiot America: How Stupidity Became a Virtue in the Land of the Free' by Charles P. Pierce

'Liberty Under Siege: American Politics, 1976-1988' by Walter Karp

'Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming' by Naomi Oreskes, Erik M. M. Conway

'American High: The Years of Confidence, 1945-1960' by William L. O'Neill
'A Bubble in Time: America During the Interwar Years, 1989-2001' by William L. O'Neill
Coming Apart: An Informal History of America in the 1960s' by William L. O'Neill

'How Propaganda Works' by Jason Stanley

Back