Whatever happened to the claim the FBI planted all those boxes of loot at Mar-a-Lardo

The Secret Service cannot override state law. Study your Constitution and the limits of Federal Power.

When it comes to the safety of the president they most certainly can.

Federal law grants protection in all cases to the former president and federal law overrides state law.

So yes, he can be charged and convicted but where he would serve any time isn't up to the state.

When it comes to the safety of the president they most certainly can.

Federal law grants protection in all cases to the former president and federal law overrides state law.

So yes, he can be charged and convicted but where he would serve any time isn't up to the state.

Protection, not immunity from Prison.

Protection, not immunity from Prison.

It would be a national security risk to house a president in a prison.

Besides it would be a major pain in the ass for prison officials who would essentially have no control over anything.

If eventually convicted the most likely scenario is that he would serve his time at one of his property's with all the restrictions that other prisoners have such as limited visitation, limited calls, things of that nature.

Besides it would be a major pain in the ass for prison officials who would essentially have no control over anything.

If eventually convicted the most likely scenario is that he would serve his time at one of his property's with all the restrictions that other prisoners have such as limited visitation, limited calls, things of that nature.
....in Georgia.

Melania will be pleased. Let's be honest; who here really believes Melania will leave her home to stay with her "husband"?

7vxmcb.jpg

Maybe, but prison is not out of the question or impossible.

Maybe, but prison is not out of the question or impossible.

Yeah it pretty much is.

The main thing here is that the secret service is required to carry firearms and if you have people with guns in prison what do you think is going to happen?

They can't risk prisoners getting hold of them.

The secret service wouldn't really be able to protect him in there.

Rest assured though that if he is confined to house arrest that the restrictions on him will be severe enough to make you happy.

Well Trump never claimed it, he suggested it was a possibility according to your link.

When the president suggests something, it has a lot more weight. And when he tells those things to his Trumplestilskins, they believe. It is like his phone calls to Georgia asking the Secretary of State, to flip the election. It is not like you calling. It is the PRESIDENT of the United States and all the people who work for him. It is not a throw-away conversation. Trump speaks for the AG, the FBI and many more powerful people.

Yeah it pretty much is.

The main thing here is that the secret service is required to carry firearms and if you have people with guns in prison what do you think is going to happen?

Rest assured though that if he is confined to house arrest that the restrictions on him will be severe enough to make you happy.

Special wing of a prison works, but I think a special prison, meaning a house or government facility works too. There are plenty of military bases and secure government facilities in Georgia. :thup:

Something like this:

7w1ptu.jpg

Yeah it pretty much is.

You are simply wrong, but I can see that you cannot comprehend that.

You are simply wrong, but I can see that you cannot comprehend that.
While I agree that Tink is wrong in many things, I agree with her that Trump won't go to a regular Georgian prison. However, that doesn't mean he won't be living in a cage. LOL

That may happen sooner than later if he's cited for contempt of court. :)

While I agree that Tink is wrong in many things, I agree with her that Trump won't go to a regular Georgian prison. However, that doesn't mean he won't be living in a cage. LOL

That may happen sooner than later if he's cited for contempt of court. :)

What she’s wrong about is that it’s impossible and unconstitutional. I agree it’s unlikely.

What she’s wrong about is that it’s impossible and unconstitutional. I agree it’s unlikely.

I'm not a lawyer nor is she. I do, however, trust the Justice system...especially with high profile cases.

What part am I wrong about?

That the Constitution prevents a president from going to prison.

That it cannot happen. Your certainty that it wont happen.

IT sounds a lot like you are simply trying to reassure yourself.

That the Constitution prevents a president from going to prison.

That it cannot happen. Your certainty that it wont happen.

IT sounds a lot like you are simply trying to reassure yourself.

The constitution doesn't prevent it, doesn't even mention it.

It won't happen for the reasons I've explained. Prisons cannot allow firearms inside the actual prison but secret service is required to have firearms to protect the president.

I don't need reassurance, I really don't care what happens to Trump, I just like to debate the merits of the cases.

I'm waiting to see how correct I am on all of this stuff.

The constitution doesn't prevent it, doesn't even mention it.

It won't happen for the reasons I've explained. Prisons cannot allow firearms inside the actual prison but secret service is required to have firearms to protect the president.

I don't need reassurance, I really don't care what happens to Trump, I just like to debate the merits of the cases.

I'm waiting to see how correct I am on all of this stuff.

You are correct that the Constitution does not prevent it, I am glad you can learn.

Prisons allow firearms inside every fucking day, the Secret Service could get clearance to have them in the prison in a second.

Back