When DEMOCRATS call for higher taxes, who do they want to pay them?

Legion

Oderint dum metuant
y2m7xjn8

The easiest way to pay more taxes, of course, is just to send in the money. You can write a check and send it to the IRS.

Or if you're more worried about the debt, you can send the check to the U.S. Treasury (Gifts to the Treasury).

So I've got a proposal. Whenever someone says they want their taxes to be raised, ask them how much they are willing to pay, and ask for proof that they've led by example.

http://tinyurl.com/yxctbf4a

y2m7xjn8

The easiest way to pay more taxes, of course, is just to send in the money. You can write a check and send it to the IRS.

Or if you're more worried about the debt, you can send the check to the U.S. Treasury (Gifts to the Treasury).

So I've got a proposal. Whenever someone says they want their taxes to be raised, ask them how much they are willing to pay, and ask for proof that they've led by example.

Precisely!

If people believe in a particular cause, then THEY should lead by example... If they believe in raising taxes, they should be sending in extra money to the IRS and/or Treasury.

If they believe that coal/oil/natural gas are so bad for our environment, then THEY shouldn't be using those fuels to drive around or to warm their homes and etc...

It's always easy to say that "somebody else" should/shouldn't do something... It's much harder to 'lead by example'...

Since 1982, income and wealth increases have all gone to the top 10%. How about we just go back to the income tax structure built the biggest Middle Class and the finest infrastructure in the World?
Since Reagan REpublicans have promised we'd all receive the blessing of their dribble-down economics. It's 43 years, and the bottom 90% has NADA, we need to admit Ronnie's idea was WRONG
and return to what is RIGHT.

Precisely!

If people believe in a particular cause, then THEY should lead by example... If they believe in raising taxes, they should be sending in extra money to the IRS and/or Treasury.

If they believe that coal/oil/natural gas are so bad for our environment, then THEY shouldn't be using those fuels to drive around or to warm their homes and etc...

It's always easy to say that "somebody else" should/shouldn't do something... It's much harder to 'lead by example'...

Oh, so if a conservative believes in a war they should volunteer to go fight that war? Right wing politicians and demogogues been doing just the opposite for decades, so now you want to apply the logic in reverse?

Oh, so if a conservative believes in a war they should volunteer to go fight that war? Right wing politicians and demogogues been doing just the opposite for decades, so now you want to apply the logic in reverse?

Only conservatives support wars?

A lot of conservatives don't, actually...

And yes, (if physically able), joining the military would be "putting your money where your mouth is"... but your comparison doesn't work very well because there are numerous requirements and physical demands for being a military member. While I'm not sure about this, I'm willing to bet that my only having one kidney would disqualify me from such service. I'm sure I could find other ways to "join the cause", however...

Paying more taxes is something that pretty much anybody could do. It simply requires sending in more money than necessary...

y2m7xjn8

Having people outside of the 1% paying more taxes wouldn't be good for the economy or overall living standards. I say we should Make America Great Again by going back to the fifties, when the 1% paid a 90% tax rate.

Having people outside of the 1% paying more taxes wouldn't be good for the economy or overall living standards. I say we should Make America Great Again by going back to the fifties, when the 1% paid a 90% tax rate.

Write a check to the Treasury to prove your commitment.

I'll understand if you don't, naturally.

Do you want to resurrect the entire 1950s tax code where the lower 1% paid 22%?

y2m7xjn8

I have repeatedly asked JPP leftists that question and they always run away

What is really puzzling is that leftists always proclaim that they want to raise taxes on the rich. Well Trump did just that by eliminating SALT tax deductions and leftists are shitting their pants. I mean the only people being affected are people who pay more than $10,000 a year in property taxes. And surely poor people can’t afford enough house to pay $10,000 in property taxes.

I have repeatedly asked JPP leftists that question and they always run away

What is really puzzling is that leftists always proclaim that they want to raise taxes on the rich. Well Trump did just that by eliminating SALT tax deductions and leftists are shitting their pants. I mean the only people being affected are people who pay more than $10,000 a year in property taxes. And surely poor people can’t afford enough house to pay $10,000 in property taxes.

Indeed.

yet when Trump cut income taxes for people under $50k to zero you complained.......

Because Trump cut taxes for everyone, including the 1%. And the amount of money the working-class saved wasn't much. Basically, this was putting a band-aid on a bullet wound, and then saying we fixed the problem.

Back