When do free market conservatives like government regulations?

Umm knowledge of buckleyspeak is not the same as knowledge of economics, btw which I have never claimed to be an expert on.

Well, his contention is fairly obvious. He is pretending that this was caused by massive market failure. But, true markets are never wrong on this large of a scale. It's government subsidy of the process and interference that leads to this.

You made it clear some time ago that you have not the slightest clue about economic concepts so I suggest you avoid looking like even more of an old simpleton than you already do, and leave this thread to smarter people.
WOW!!! GED BURN

Cypress, you really discredit yourself from know almost nothing about business and economics to total bafoon linking yourself to USC.
Young, is right bailout is going to make it worse. It's not just poor simpletons who can't afford mortgages. If we can afford Iraq we can bail out the simpleton. IT's also every tom dick and harry watching the home improvement channel thinking flipping houses is as easy as flipping pancakes. They need to suffer the bad investment decision. Not us.

Well, his contention is fairly obvious. He is pretending that this was caused by massive market failure. But, true markets are never wrong on this large of a scale. It's government subsidy of the process and interference that leads to this.

Umm link....

that appears to be an opinion to me.

You made it clear some time ago that you have not the slightest clue about economic concepts so I suggest you avoid looking like even more of an old simpleton than you already do, and leave this thread to smarter people.
WOW!!! GED BURN

Cypress, you really discredit yourself from know almost nothing about business and economics to total bafoon linking yourself to USC.
Young, is right bailout is going to make it worse. It's not just poor simpletons who can't afford mortgages. If we can afford Iraq we can bail out the simpleton. IT's also every tom dick and harry watching the home improvement channel thinking flipping houses is as easy as flipping pancakes. They need to suffer the bad investment decision. Not us.

My hopes are dwindling

I wouldn't mind governemnt regulation to fix the mortage crisis. It would be as bad for the economy to let if fall down as it was to let it get in this situation.

This is a prime example of why we can not just unleash corporations and trust them to do what is in the long term interest. Too many will seek short term gains. I really wish it was as easy as allowing them to just do what is truely in even their own interest which is a good stable market. I wish alot of things were true. Reality has to be faced that humans will not always be so wise that other humans can just turn a blind eye. Life is fricking complicated and always will be.

This is a prime example of why we can not just unleash corporations and trust them to do what is in the long term interest. Too many will seek short term gains. I really wish it was as easy as allowing them to just do what is truely in even their own interest which is a good stable market. I wish alot of things were true. Reality has to be faced that humans will not always be so wise that other humans can just turn a blind eye. Life is fricking complicated and always will be.

If we didn't bail them out every time, they might care a little bit more about their long-term interest.

Humans are short-sited. They don't take risks, and whenever they do take them, they make stupid ones. It's just a natural problem with our thought process.

Now let the libertarians barge in "ZOMG YOU WANT TO CONTROL EVERYONE?!" "WHY WOULD THE GOVERNMENT KNOW WHAT'S BEST THEN FUCKING SOCILAIST! HWO DARE YOU SUGEST BANKING BE REGULATIED!"

The Free Market can still cause "irratinal exuberance" it's the fed with easy money that allows them, in most cases to get as deep as the credit crises is. It distrupts normal cycles and makes them worse. I don't agree it's the cause of all bubbles though.

But who really is it that always gets bailed out? Its not the little guy.

If course not, it's the big wig that used the little guys ass that always gets bailed out because 'Hes the victim'. It's bullshit and the rich asshole should quit preying on poor people, then expecting the government to help his ass out for his own dumbass decisions.

Well as an individual I did just that.

Im very likely going to be fine through this all.

I mean as a whole the little guy needs to seek representation which will preresent their interests as a whole and have laws in place to protect the market from abusing the consumer.

How does one make rational choices in a market where the most important source of information (i.e., price) is distorted through inflationary policies?

The people who always get bailed are the bankers and this IS in their long term interest, as well as the interest of the state. Anybody that expects that politicians, using the voodoo of a long discredited person who once said "in the long run will all be dead," to have a longer view than the market is plainly nuts.

Further, centralizing power only ensures that damage from mistakes are more widely felt.

Back