When do free market conservatives like government regulations?

so buckleys article is not largely his opinion ?

now I know your problem you take op ed stuff as fact. well unless it is a liberal source of course.

so buckleys article is not largely his opinion ?

now I know your problem you take op ed stuff as fact. well unless it is a liberal source of course.

Dumbass, I am not arguing in favor of Buckley. See my initial post in this thread.

Nevermind...

Now's the time to buy when everybody is scared and afraid of stocks and the economy.
When cab drivers and GED's like USC start telling you things are great, then you sell.

...when the situation starts to look really, really bad. William F. Buckley discovers the virtues of regulation and calls for government intervention to help fix the mortgage crisis.

Signs of the Apocalypse

If conservative principles are abandoned so easily in the face of a bad economic situation, what was the whole thing about in the first place?

The situation would not have gotten really, really bad, if the banking industry wasn't over-regulated in the first place. Since it was, mortgage buyers became complacent, and got duped by the lenders who sold them the sub-prime loans.

I cannot possibly be the smartest person in the world, and know relatively little about banking, and I saw these things for a scam when they were introduced.

Umm the little guys not being able to pay their loans seems to be triggering a recession/slowdown worldwide.

Umm knowledge of buckleyspeak is not the same as knowledge of economics, btw which I have never claimed to be an expert on.

Umm link....

that appears to be an opinion to me.

Why are you trying to sound like a 17 year old school girl with this "umm" crap? It makes you look like an even bigger fool than you really are. And that's saying a lot.

Back