when is a bailout not a bailout

Not really on the ''many prefer the ...safety of the lies.."
Yes. Really.
Many know that questioning Authority is a waste of time, that we are beyond being able to control them....you question them all the time...have YOU seen any changes? Some of us are older and have been through that stage and understand much of the slight of hand that is going on in this world but have also come to the conclusion that if you want change at this point, you have to work the system undercover and from within it... as best as possible....in the mean time...before the proverbial Revolution takes place... :D

care

This is how they want you to think. This is also why women have been empowered in the west, because of their innate docility.

This whole thing was masterstroke though. Look how many people they're getting personally invested in the insanity of massive fiat currency bailouts. And this artificial propping up of the housing market will guarantee a new underclass.

Ohh this has been loosely planned for a while. Anyone with brains could have seen it coming for several years.

no_brain.jpg

This whole thing was masterstroke though. Look how many people they're getting personally invested in the insanity of massive fiat currency bailouts. And this artificial propping up of the housing market will guarantee a new underclass.
The Real Estate market has FALLEN and taken its appropriate hit already...

The Banks/subprimers need to take a huge hit also, I do not disagree, and SOME regulations need to be put in to place as a safety check on their self regulation of the industry because this will happen again, like with the Savings and Loan Scandal 20 years ago, 20 years in the future another pyramid scam...if we don't put in some measures to protect the American citizen from being bamboozled by those that hold a key to their own home ownership.

My concern is an OVER CORRECTION of the market, making houses less than the value they would have been in a normal market...right at the time in which the baby boomers are retiring and needing to dump their big family homes and downsize, so to get their money out of their home equity nestegg, to LIVE OFF OF IT.... And those that are in CD's earning such a shitty interest on the money they have saved.... And those with 401k's taking the major hits on the Stock Market...

ALL of this could not have happened at a WORSE time imo...and the WHOLE PICTURE and the entire public has to be considered before anything should be done...

I just don't exclude that SOMETHING may have to be done so NOT to cause the USA tax payer to hurt even worse, in the long run.

The specific bail out with Bear Sterns and the gift horse to jp morgan was NOT NECESSARILY the way to go though....that, I can admit.

care

Ohh this has been loosely planned for a while. Anyone with brains could have seen it coming for several years.

Remember that ariticle someone posted a while back about how states were fighting the deregulation because they saw this coming, but the Bush Administration twisted arms and bullied it all through, and fought states every step of the way. I wish I could remember what that thread was called. We need to link to it.

It does take some of the steam out of the sails of those promoting converting SS to personal investement accounts now doesn't it ?

Remember that ariticle someone posted a while back about how states were fighting the deregulation because they saw this coming, but the Bush Administration twisted arms and bullied it all through, and fought states every step of the way. I wish I could remember what that thread was called. We need to link to it.
Desh posted it here and at DP....let me see if I can find it...

care

The Real Estate market has FALLEN and taken its appropriate hit already...

The Banks/subprimers need to take a huge hit also, I do not disagree, and SOME regulations need to be put in to place as a safety check on their self regulation of the industry because this will happen again, like with the Savings and Loan Scandal 20 years ago, 20 years in the future another pyramid scam...if we don't put in some measures to protect the American citizen from being bamboozled by those that hold a key to their own home ownership.

My concern is an OVER CORRECTION of the market, making houses less than the value they would have been in a normal market...right at the time in which the baby boomers are retiring and needing to dump their big family homes and downsize, so to get their money out of their home equity nestegg, to LIVE OFF OF IT.... And those that are in CD's earning such a shitty interest on the money they have saved.... And those with 401k's taking the major hits on the Stock Market...

ALL of this could not have happened at a WORSE time imo...and the WHOLE PICTURE and the entire public has to be considered before anything should be done...

I just don't exclude that SOMETHING may have to be done so NOT to cause the USA tax payer to hurt even worse, in the long run.

The specific bail out with Bear Sterns and the gift horse to jp morgan was NOT NECESSARILY the way to go though....that, I can admit.

care

The appropriate hit? Any person who's home is not foreclosed when he cannot pay the mortgage when the interest resets is a prop up of the market.

You wish it has fully corrected. It has not, and probably won't be allowed to because of fascist elitists like you. The housing prices should go all the way down. YOu want to keep that from happening.

I do like where the price of lumber has gone I paid $4.98 per sheet for OSB this week that one year ago was close to $25.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy.../AR2008021302783.html?nav=rss_opinion/columns

hmmmmmmm, writen by elliot spitzer....wonder if someone wanted him to go down because of it? The fbi and justice dept FOUGHT like heck to keep the DC maddam money launderer's client's from coming out but on spitzer they leak his name? or someone does?

The appropriate hit? Any person who's home is not foreclosed when he cannot pay the mortgage when the interest resets is a prop up of the market.

You wish it has fully corrected. It has not, and probably won't be allowed to because of fascist elitists like you. The housing prices should go all the way down. YOu want to keep that from happening.
in general, homes double in value every 10 years...THIS IS THE NORMAL MARKET for real estate going back a CENTURY.....

IF this market goes below the normal correction needed and expected, then it is not correcting itself, it is in a free fall....the Great Depression not the Recession.

Maybe you are right and this is what we need, but I don't think it is necessary....regulation can prevent it from happening in the future and Americans should not be punished for what our gvt failed to do the first time around, protect us from predators.

jd

Last edited:
in general, homes double in value every 10 years...THIS IS THE NORMAL MARKET for real estate going back a CENTURY.....

IF this market goes below the normal correction needed and expected, then it is not correcting itself, it is in a free fall....the Great Depression not the Recession.

Maybe you are right and this is what we need, but I don't think it is necessary....regulation can prevent it from happening in the future and Americans should not be punished for what our gvt failed to do the first time around, protect us from preditors.

jd

You're an idiot.

Back