When the bailout starts

What’s the point of arguing about it? Krugman says the bailout was needed but it should have been a Swedish-style plan, and that Paulson’ fucked everything up, starting with letting Lehman go under and finishing with his particular bailout plan. We’re in a pretty big disaster, there aren’t going to be any jobs next year, business has completely frozen up. I am, at my non-profit, planning a big event for children, all of which was funded by donations last year – mostly merchandise donations from local businesses but also places like Costco.
Well, this year, everyone is saying, look, we don’t have any business. I had to go someplace today, a huge rental place here, to get a popcorn machine and a cotton candy machine donated (just for the day). The guy donated them to me, I guess because it really doesn’t make a difference, but he told me the same thing they’ve all been telling me: I’ve got no business.

It’s a disaster, and nothing is going to change that. People are going to be starving and homeless next year. Let’s freeze the budget! Whatever, that’s a political statement too, but everyone better batten down the hatches, and if you are lucky enough to have enough, donate to a local food bank, as often as you can.

Darla, they changed from the "buy the assets" plan to the Krugman buy equity plan. They were given the power by congress even though they didn't ask for it, and they eventually bowed out to pressure, mainly because this plan would go into effect quicker.

Darla, they changed from the "buy the assets" plan to the Krugman buy equity plan. They were given the power by congress even though they didn't ask for it, and they eventually bowed out to pressure, mainly because this plan would go into effect quicker.

Yeah, I read something about that – I hope it isn’t too late. I think that no matter what, we’re in for a really bad year in 09. The kind that we all just used to read about/

My housekeeper and I put away about 80 quarts of green beans, about 40 bushels of potatoes, and a freezer full of corn. Plust I have about a 6 month supply of non perishables. and meat to slaughter as needed.
I figure I will be somewhat of a neighborhood food bank in the next year or so. I worry most about those in the cities....

again the little moron continues to ignore the overall market trends and believes some magical psychological effect should have been enough to over-rule the direction of the technical breakdown.

Unitl the bailout is ACTUALLY implemented, it is not going to have an effect. The psychological benefit would only have worked had they passed the bill prior to the technical breakdown.

but I know, you will continue to keep your head up your ass and ignore the actual market. You lack of knowledge with regards to the market is quite humorous.

My housekeeper and I put away about 80 quarts of green beans, about 40 bushels of potatoes, and a freezer full of corn. Plust I have about a 6 month supply of non perishables. and meat to slaughter as needed.
I figure I will be somewhat of a neighborhood food bank in the next year or so. I worry most about those in the cities....

I know where I"m headed if it hits the fan! :clink:

again the little moron continues to ignore the overall market trends and believes some magical psychological effect should have been enough to over-rule the direction of the technical breakdown.

Unitl the bailout is ACTUALLY implemented, it is not going to have an effect. The psychological benefit would only have worked had they passed the bill prior to the technical breakdown.

but I know, you will continue to keep your head up your ass and ignore the actual market. You lack of knowledge with regards to the market is quite humorous.

You should have taken my bet. the Dow dipped below 8k today.

Oh well tool.

LOL, it will continue to be fun to prove how wrong you are and will continue to be on this bail out Supertool. It hasn't met it's first objective, IE calm the markets and restore confidence. Wait until we lose billions and billions on the junk assets they buy, probably lose in the trillions in inflation adjusted terms.

I know where I"m headed if it hits the fan! :clink:

I may take in a few, that is true. but I thought I was supposed to be your slave man ?

and btw no treasure map to my gold exists.

Bwahahaha.

Btw I also just picked up 4 milk cows last week. thinking on chickens too...
Pork, I swap out with a neighbor for beef.

If times get really hard all the deer and turkeys will vanish pretty quickly.

Last edited:
I may take in a few, that is true. but I thought I was supposed to be your slave man ?

and btw no treasure map to my gold exists.

Bwahahaha.

Btw I also just picked up 4 milk cows last week. thinking on chickens too...
Pork, I swap out with a neighbor for beef.

If times get really hard all the deer and turkeys will vanish pretty quickly.

Oh, you can still be slave man. That offer will always be on the table!

Oh, you can still be slave man. That offer will always be on the table!

Good I was getting worried.

Of course if you come here I will at least have to be head of the house staff. Maybe your pool slave ?

Btw I just heard that capitol one just stopped loaning money to car dealers in MY and NJ. Got your ride just in time.

Last edited:
LOL, it will continue to be fun to prove how wrong you are and will continue to be on this bail out Supertool. It hasn't met it's first objective, IE calm the markets and restore confidence. Wait until we lose billions and billions on the junk assets they buy, probably lose in the trillions in inflation adjusted terms.

again your moronic comments continue to highlight you lack of knowledge when it comes to the markets. I have already stated WHY the psychological effect didn't materialize. You can continue to ignore it as much as you like. If you look back to the Monday that the bill failed to pass, I said THEN that the market would fall to the 8000 level and that it no longer mattered (psychologically) what they did. They had already lost confidence you moron. The technicals had already broken down. But you continue to pretend that you comprehend what is occuring and that somehow you are 'right'.

But I understand that you are embarrassed, that I was correct on what would follow once the technicals were broken. Now you try (in your infinite ignorance) to pretend that the downturn is a result of the bailout passing. That is truly absurd.

The market continues to fall because to date, the money hasn't been put into the market to ease the credit problems. THAT and the technical breakdown is the reason this market is falling moron.

Good I was getting worried.

Of course if you come here I will at least have to be head of the house staff. Maybe your pool slave ?

Btw I just heard that capitol one just stopped loaning money to car dealers in MY and NJ. Got your ride just in time.

If honda didn't give a good financing deal I was going to get a loan directly through them.

The pro bailout people said it would calm the market and we'll make money buying assets. Niether is true. You supported a farce and you're so embarressed you're trying to throw anything against the wall to justify it. You're just an ignorant clown that will say anything so you can debate and kill time on the web. That's why your stories change so much.

The pro bailout people said it would calm the market and we'll make money buying assets. Niether is true. You supported a farce and you're so embarressed you're trying to throw anything against the wall to justify it. You're just an ignorant clown that will say anything so you can debate and kill time on the web. That's why your stories change so much.

It's a narrow view of the bailout that you're taking. Without doubt, one of the purposes of the bailout was to calm the markets, and on that, it has failed (though, I would add, I have heard more than a few market analysts & traders say that it hurt that the 1st package did not pass).

Right now, there is nothing but panic, and the current crash is not at all reflective of the strength of American business or the strength of our economy. It is irrational, based almost solely on uncertainty regarding the big banks, and their ability to loan money. The $700 billion package WILL help that, once it is implemented. It will have a positive effect.

To proclaim it a total failure at this point is nothing more than a premature desire to proclaim how right you were about it. It has nothing to do with reality, though.

It's a narrow view of the bailout that you're taking. Without doubt, one of the purposes of the bailout was to calm the markets, and on that, it has failed (though, I would add, I have heard more than a few market analysts & traders say that it hurt that the 1st package did not pass).

Right now, there is nothing but panic, and the current crash is not at all reflective of the strength of American business or the strength of our economy. It is irrational, based almost solely on uncertainty regarding the big banks, and their ability to loan money. The $700 billion package WILL help that, once it is implemented. It will have a positive effect.

To proclaim it a total failure at this point is nothing more than a premature desire to proclaim how right you were about it. It has nothing to do with reality, though.

Onceler I don’t really know who is right, and don’t know if there is a way to ever know, but it’s disturbing to see you in Damo’s usual role, rescuing Superfreak, who is getting his butt skewered…as usual.

yes, they said that... predominantly BEFORE the first bailout package FAILED to pass. After that it was predominantly the idiots in DC that made such ignorant proclamations. Because those of us who understand the market realized the impact the technical breakdown would have. A point you continue to ignore.

I notice that you are the one who has NOTHING to support your claims. I on the other hand have been correct thus far on what would occur.

You claim the bailout itself has failed, BEFORE it has even been implemented. Such statements come from the minds of petulent children.

The market needs credit to loosen up, as has been explained to you time and again by others beside myself. But your arrogance won't allow you to hear what is being said as you proclaim over and over how the bailout failed.

I've only said that the "calming the markets" has failed. It's easy to predict that buying junk assets will fail also. About as easy to predict as:

millionaire_idiot_fail.jpg

Onceler I don’t really know who is right, and don’t know if there is a way to ever know, but it’s disturbing to see you in Damo’s usual role, rescuing Superfreak, who is getting his butt skewered…as usual.

LMAO... a week ago monday after the first bill failed and the Dow broke down, I stated it would then fall to the 8k level. The next day we had a dead cat bounce and I got to listen to how "wrong" I was. Here we are today... the Dow... broke the 8k level. Yeah, I was...like... totally wrong.

As for the remainder, only time will tell for certain... but the one thing we do know is that the credit market will HAVE to loosen up. If it doesn't... we are all screwed. Whether we make money on the bailout or not... we won't have a definitive answer for many years to come... no matter how much the ignorant lil twit Obfuscate shouts 'failure!!!'

Back