When Will The Day Be?

Howey

Banned
I keep hearing on FB and on the internet that "Today's not the day to discuss gun control.".

My question is?

When?

When do we discuss it?

Are we going to wait until after more children are killed?

If we had really discussed gun control following Columbine, could today have been prevented?

What about after the following incidents?

— Aug. 5, 2012: Army veteran Wade Michael Page kills five men and one woman and wounds three other people, including a police officer, before taking his own life at the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin outside Milwaukee.

— July 20, 2012: Twelve people are killed when a gunman enters an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, releases a canister of gas and then opens fire during opening night of the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises." James Holmes, a 24-year-old former graduate student at the University of Colorado, has been charged in the deaths.

— Jan. 8, 2011: A gunman kills six people and wounds 13 others, including then-U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, in a shooting spree outside a grocery store in Tucson, Ariz. Doctors say Jared Lee Loughner, who has been charged in the deaths, suffers from schizophrenia.

— Nov. 5, 2009: Thirteen soldiers and civilians were killed and more than two dozen wounded when a gunman walked into the Soldier Readiness Processing Center at Fort Hood, Texas, and opened fire. Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Hasan is charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder.

— March 10, 2009: Michael McLendon, 28, killed 10 people — including his mother, four other relatives, and the wife and child of a local sheriff's deputy — across two rural Alabama counties. He then killed himself.

— April 16, 2007: Seung-Hui Cho, 23, kills 32 people and himself on Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Va.

— April 20, 1999: Students Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, opened fire at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo., killing 12 classmates and a teacher and wounding 26 others before killing themselves in the school's library.

I don't care if it takes fifty years to get guns off the streets...the time to do it is now. Not tomorrow.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

We'll have to discuss some other solutions, because you have no right to take away anybody's guns.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

We'll have to discuss some other solutions, because you have no right to take away anybody's guns.

Join the fucking National Guard.

has howey been living under a rock?

every single time a shooting like this happens, there is ALWAYS talk about gun control

and scotus says you do not have to join the national guard to own a gun. poor howey

The National Guard is not the militia. It is a uniformed part of the DoD, co-equal to the Reserves and Active Duty.

Ten Arguments Gun Advocates Make, and Why They're Wrong

http://prospect.org/article/ten-arguments-gun-advocates-make-and-why-theyre-wrong

moment_of_silence.jpg

From Ken's article:

[h=3]6. The Constitution says I have a right to own guns.[/h] Yes it does, but for some reason gun advocates think that the right to bear arms is the only constitutional right that is virtually without limit. You have the right to practice your religion, but not if your religion involves human sacrifice. You have the right to free speech, but you can still be prosecuted for incitement or conspiracy, and you can be sued for libel. Every right is subject to limitation when it begins to threaten others, and the Supreme Court has affirmed that even though there is an individual right to gun ownership, the government can put reasonable restrictions on that right.

And we all know that if this shooter turns out to have a Muslim name, plenty of Americans, including plenty of gun owners, will be more than happy to give up all kinds of rights in the name of fighting terrorism. Have the government read my email? Have my cell phone company turn over my call records? Check which books I'm taking out of the library? Make me take my shoes off before getting on a plane, just because some idiot tried to blow up his sneakers? Sure, do what you've got to do. But don't make it harder to buy thousands of rounds of ammunition, because if we couldn't do that we'd no longer be free.

From Ken's article:

[h=3]6. The Constitution says I have a right to own guns.[/h] Yes it does, but for some reason gun advocates think that the right to bear arms is the only constitutional right that is virtually without limit. You have the right to practice your religion, but not if your religion involves human sacrifice. You have the right to free speech, but you can still be prosecuted for incitement or conspiracy, and you can be sued for libel. Every right is subject to limitation when it begins to threaten others, and the Supreme Court has affirmed that even though there is an individual right to gun ownership, the government can put reasonable restrictions on that right.
so now the courts are correct? then Citizens United must be a good decision.

The National Guard is not the militia. It is a uniformed part of the DoD, co-equal to the Reserves and Active Duty.

Incorrect.
The National Guard, the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions, celebrated its 370th birthday on December 13, 2006. The National Guard traces its history back to the earliest English colonies in North America. Responsible for their own defense, the colonists drew on English military tradition and organized their able-bodied male citizens into militias.

The colonial militias protected their fellow citizens from Indian attack, foreign invaders, and later helped to win the Revolutionary War. Following independence, the authors of the Constitution empowered Congress to "provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the militia." However, recognizing the militia's state role, the Founding Fathers reserved the appointment of officers and training of the militia to the states. Today's National Guard still remains a dual state-Federal force.

Throughout the 19th century the size of the Regular Army was small, and the militia provided the bulk of the troops during the Mexican War, the early months of the Civil War, and the Spanish-American War. In 1903, important national defense legislation increased the role of the National Guard (as the militia was now called) as a Reserve force for the U.S. Army. In World War I, which the U.S. entered in 1917, the National Guard made up 40% of the U.S. combat divisions in France; in World War II, National Guard units were among the first to deploy overseas and the first to fight.

Following World War II, National Guard aviation units, some of them dating back to World War I, became the Air National Guard, the nation's newest Reserve component. The Guard stood on the frontiers of freedom during the Cold War, sending soldiers and airmen to fight in Korea and to reinforce NATO during the Berlin crisis of 1961-1962. During the Vietnam war, almost 23,000 Army and Air Guardsmen were called up for a year of active duty; some 8,700 were deployed to Vietnam. Over 75,000 Army and Air Guardsmen were called upon to help bring a swift end to Desert Storm in 1991.

What part of "the people' don't you get....?

"The people" meaning the militias. It was never intended for every American to pack a pistol. In colonial days, only the elite owned weapons.

Incorrect.

"The people" meaning the militias. It was never intended for every American to pack a pistol. In colonial days, only the elite owned weapons.

that is completely not true. gun ownership was barely, if any restricted in the colonies. you should read history more, perhaps you will form a more informed decision.

the day a liberal taker takes my gun away from me is the day they die.

(i don't own a gun yet but I am getting one soon if for no other reason than to spite you taker motherfuckers)

In colonial days, only the elite owned weapons.

This is just laughable. In colonial days, pretty much the diametric opposite was true, very few people didn't own some kind of firearm. Those who didn't, largely ended up without their scalps.

You come and try to take it pussy boy. You don't have the balls. Go put some aloe on your vagina

the gun takers must be dealt with by any means necessary. They are domestic enemies of the constitution and a direct threat to our existence. Once they take our guns, they'll be nothing standing in their way to impose total tyranny. Which is exactly what they want.

Back