Where Do the Lieberman Democrats Stand On This?

Listen to the full thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jqLie6-Y0

I don't know how you can assume it's racially motivated anywhere in this tape. He was very nervous and wanted to make sure they got caught. Like I said, he shouldn't have used the shotgun.

Dave, I already heard it. The fucking 9/11 operator told him not to go outside, and he said he was going and that “im going to kill them”. Then he proceeded to shoot them both dead, in the back.

You have to be really fucked to defend that shit. And OF COURSE IT WAS RACIST. Are you stupid? White men killing brown men in the South and getting off. Fucking DUH.

there are hardly any centrists or moderates on this board. im one of them and im seen as a right republican. thats how far left most of the posters are.

Dave, I already heard it. The fucking 9/11 operator told him not to go outside, and he said he was going and that “im going to kill them”. Then he proceeded to shoot them both dead, in the back.

You have to be really fucked to defend that shit. And OF COURSE IT WAS RACIST. Are you stupid? White men killing brown men in the South and getting off. Fucking DUH.

The old guy got away with murder, that much is very clear. But racism? I'm not sure he wouldn't have done the same thing if the criminals were white. Simply because the victims were hispanic and the shooter was white does not automatically mean racism.

The old guy got away with murder, that much is very clear. But racism? I'm not sure he wouldn't have done the same thing if the criminals were white. Simply because the victims were hispanic and the shooter was white does not automatically mean racism.

Why did the Texas jury let him go? Are we to believe that up to a few decades ago, white men did not go to prison for murdering brown men in the south…but that’s all changed now, and that history has nothing to do with this?

That’s just simply not true.

Darla you're just seeing it how you want to see it.

The cons are too, though.

It's effed up to shoot someone in the back, regardless of the law.

Why did the Texas jury let him go? Are we to believe that up to a few decades ago, white men did not go to prison for murdering brown men in the south…but that’s all changed now, and that history has nothing to do with this?

That’s just simply not true.

Are you saying the shooting was motivated by racism or the jury was racist?

I have no idea why the jury voted the way it did, because I don't know what they were allowed to hear and what their instructions were.

The old guy called them blacks when he made the call to 911, but they were hispanic. He obviously was mad but there is nothing here that tells me it was racist.

"It's effed up to shoot someone in the back, regardless of the law."

It sets a ridiculous precedent.

Where do you draw the line on something like this? My aunt is a klepto who always takes robes from hotels...can someone blow her away the next time she's walking away with one?

It's a total wild west mentality. They're allowing regular citizens to make a determination that theft is worthy of the death penalty.

Darla you're just seeing it how you want to see it.

The cons are too, though.

It's effed up to shoot someone in the back, regardless of the law.

No, I am seeing it through the prism of a long history of events. I really wish you tards would open a fucking book sometime.

Okay it's pretty clear listening to it that this guy wanted to kill someone.

There is nothing in the tape to indicate racial discrimination, so people seem to be projecting racial motives on him.

But yeah this guy definitely wanted to kill someone. Under Texas law I do think he is in the right though.

No, I am seeing it through the prism of a long history of events. I really wish you tards would open a fucking book sometime.

Normally I just let this kind of bs go but I'm a little tired of it.

I have a fucking degree in Southern American history, so I think I know as much or more than you about this part of the country K?

So you can shove that prissy little attitude.

If you can't debate without throwing a tantrum go home.

Normally I just let this kind of bs go but I'm a little tired of it.

I have a fucking degree in Southern American history, so I think I know as much or more than you about this part of the country K?

So you can shove that prissy little attitude.

If you can't debate without throwing a tantrum go home.

If you have that degree, and you don’t get what happened here and how it reflects the legal history of the South, you’re either playing dumb or playing up to repukes. I don’t give a shit which it is.

Anyway this guy would have shot anyone in that situation. Black, white, hispanic makes no difference.

This guy thought he was James Bond and wanted to kill someone.

Anyway this guy would have shot anyone in that situation. Black, white, hispanic makes no difference.

This guy thought he was James Bond and wanted to kill someone.

You know, I’ve seen a couple of your posts before you deleted them. I don’t know why you delete them, they are always the most interesting ones.

If you have that degree, and you don’t get what happened here and how it reflects the legal history of the South, you’re either playing dumb or playing up to repukes. I don’t give a shit which it is.

So the fact that there is absolutely no indication of racism and the fact that Texas law states that this guy was within his rights has no bearing. Since there is a long history of racism in the south, and especially in Texas, it HAS to be racism and anyone who disagrees with you is retarded?

That is total bullshit. You have not looked at facts. You have convicted me and Epi based on your own assumptions and emotional reactions.

So the fact that there is absolutely no indication of racism and the fact that Texas law states that this guy was within his rights has no bearing. Since there is a long history of racism in the south, and especially in Texas, it HAS to be racism and anyone who disagrees with you is retarded?

That is total bullshit. You have not looked at facts. You have convicted me and Epi based on your own assumptions and emotional reactions.

Were you on the jury? Epic? No. I haven’t convicted either of you of anything.

In the interests of honesty I will say that I am about 4 months from that degree. I will, however, have it. I've completed all my requirements for it, I just have to take other classes to hit the required number of total hours.

And yes I agree in principle that race would probably be a factor. When I first heard ABOUT this case that's what I thought too. When you listen to the tape though, there really is something else entirely going on.

That guy sounds like he wanted to shoot somebody.

I was not on the jury. That is why I am not sure why they let him go.

You, on the other hand, are absolutely convinced that it was racism.

There are some other questions I would want answered as well. Did the old guy know his neighbor was out of town? Did the dead guys know he was out of town? Were they armed?

There are a lot of things that may have had a bearing on the case and on what I would think about it.

Yes, the old man got away with murder, in my opinion. But I am not losing sleep over a couple of criminals getting shot. One had already been arrested for selling drugs. They were both committing another crime.

Back