Where's the terrifying climate crisis

serendipity

Verified User
On today's edition of what you won't read in the press, 36 states set their โ€œall-timeโ€ ๐—”๐˜‚๐—ด๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ high temperature records prior to 1965. Of those, 34 were logged before 1955.

Eight states set their August high temperature records in 1936 alone, the most for a single year. This is closely followed by seven in 1918 and then four each in 1930 and 1983.

No terrifying โ€œclimate crisisโ€ in this dataset. ๐Ÿง

Even though I put it in ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฑ ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€ that this map only shows ๐—”๐˜‚๐—ด๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ statewide high temperature records, I'm sure some poor soul with no reading comprehension skills will tell me I'm wrong, pointing out the โ€œall-timeโ€ record for all months for ๐‘ฅ state; โ€œErrm, akchually.โ€ โ˜๏ธ

So, for the people in the back, this map shows ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—น๐˜† ๐—”๐˜‚๐—ด๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ๐˜€.

For more information on date(s) and location(s) that these records were set, you can find that posted on my blog here:

Where's the terrifying climate crisis​

Ask the millions of refugees on the move, maggot. They'll tell you where.
Your turn is a-comin'

Nope. That was an unseasonably powerful hurricane to the p[point of setting new records.
So? Hurricanes vary in strength and start location every year to some degree. This one was nothing special.

simplified_tser3_lg.png

As you can see, the number of hurricanes remains relatively constant. Smaller storms have increased only because we've gotten far better at detecting, tracking, and reporting them far out to sea. That is, in say 1910 most smaller storms simply weren't detected or if they were, weren't recorded properly.

Hurricanes on the other hand, are big enough they got noticed, and the number per year, while variable, has remained virtually flat over time.

So? Hurricanes vary in strength and start location every year to some degree. This one was nothing special.

simplified_tser3_lg.png

As you can see, the number of hurricanes remains relatively constant. Smaller storms have increased only because we've gotten far better at detecting, tracking, and reporting them far out to sea. That is, in say 1910 most smaller storms simply weren't detected or if they were, weren't recorded properly.

Hurricanes on the other hand, are big enough they got noticed, and the number per year, while variable, has remained virtually flat over time.
This was a record setting hurricane.

Deal with it.

I note with interest that the save the planet tyrants were all excited about the prediction that this would be a nasty hurricane season....but now they are not so sure because the ocean temps are not doing what was expected.

Okay, so? One data point is irrelevant in statistics. Deal with it.
Statics agree with me.

Nice to know you know nothing about science
Have a wander 'round the latest disaster areas and tell them not to fuss because this hurricane, that flood, those landslides, these droughts are normal. Take the Brit maggot, serenpitydip, with you. Hide your wallet.

Of course, they are NOT normal- they are record breaking. Wise up or stfu.

Back