Which is which?

Wrong, individuals will exist so long as the human race does. They existed before societies began to form and evolve.

I think it absolutely insidious of people to denounce individualism in America, when it is such a unique occurence in the world. Its really not a gift that you need to try and stamp out when there are plenty of other lands out there to dominate with your will for individual subjection and cooperation.

The death of the individual will spell nothing but darkness and tyranny till the end of history. That you continue to spout this kind of rhetoric makes you a voice against freedom in all of its forms.

Individuals think for themselves, from their own point of view. Statist totalitarian arguments are not convincing to thinking people, only to dumbed down sheep of average intelligence at best. this is why totalitarians hate individualism.

You didn't ask for questions that have a right or wrong answer. You asked for questions that would allow us to determine the political leanings.

Agree, but I allowed myself judge duty. lol

Wrong, individuals will exist so long as the human race does. They existed before societies began to form and evolve.

This is an interesting twist. I have always wondered when the concept, 'individual' started, not the object or living thing. You demonstrate Western thought when you focus on the individual, and not the social context as an Asian would, but that is another thread. Object divorced from context.

Did the individual start with Greeks but did it die when their culture died? I think the individual didn't start till the 16th or 17th century, as prior to this religion controlled the realm of ideas. You were a child of Gawd.

Some argue Homer was an individual but others counter that position. I think it wasn't until the Enlightenment established a person had rights, and those rights were granted by personhood or birth, that the individual as idea and concept was born.

I've also felt Religion may have started the concept of the individual with the idea of personal judgment. But I have dropped that idea for now.

My question about freedom to determine who was a libertarian, liberal, or conservative would be this:

How would you rank the importance of these three principles in your moral system: Equality, Tradition, Freedom.

A liberal will put equality first, a libertarian will put freedom, and a religious conservative will put tradition.

Please put them in three statements that make answering simple if you want to take credit for best reply.

Agree, but I allowed myself judge duty. lol

This is an interesting twist. I have always wondered when the concept, 'individual' started, not the object or living thing. You demonstrate Western thought when you focus on the individual, and not the social context as an Asian would, but that is another thread. Object divorced from context.

Did the individual start with Greeks but did it die when their culture died? I think the individual didn't start till the 16th or 17th century, as prior to this religion controlled the realm of ideas. You were a child of Gawd.

Some argue Homer was an individual but others counter that position. I think it wasn't until the Enlightenment established a person had rights, and those rights were granted by personhood or birth, that the individual as idea and concept was born.

I've also felt Religion may have started the concept of the individual with the idea of personal judgment. But I have dropped that idea for now.

Well, I am definitely a product and defender of Graeco-Roman civilization. I consider myself more of a product of Graeco-Roman & English culture than of the European cultures from which I am biologically decended. As such, I consider a society which does not recognize the supremacy of the individual to be inferior.

Europe before the Church lost power may have placed an emphasis on tradition, but it always subscribed to individualism through its inheritance of Graeco-Roman philosophy and of Christianity's teaching of free will and taking a concern for your own spiritual life.

Well, I am definitely a product and defender of Graeco-Roman civilization. I consider myself more of a product of Graeco-Roman & English culture than of the European cultures from which I am biologically decended. As such, I consider a society which does not recognize the supremacy of the individual to be inferior.

Europe before the Church lost power may have placed an emphasis on tradition, but it always subscribed to individualism through its inheritance of Graeco-Roman philosophy and of Christianity's teaching of free will and taking a concern for your own spiritual life.

Just as long as your not a product of Graeco-Roman wrestling. :cof1:

Back