who shut down the refineries?

Toppers morality revolves around what does best for Topper.
Everyones morality is based upon what is best for them. It is just some people believe that taking advantage of others is best for them and don't see that that morality if possessed by all would be to their detriment. But my morality is based on what is best for me and mine. And can then project that outward. Being motivated by self does not necessarily and logically equate to being selfish.

Everyones morality is based upon what is best for them. It is just some people believe that taking advantage of others is best for them and don't see that that morality if possessed by all would be to their detriment. But my morality is based on what is best for me and mine. And can then project that outward. Being motivated by self does not necessarily and logically equate to being selfish.

True , the difference is being considerate of others. kind of the golden rule thingy.

Too many have the toppy attitude of I have mine you can go to hell.

but let them not get theirs and hear them scream.

No. Some people will not engage in practices which victimize others, no matter what. You try to sell this version of corrupt morality as universal, because you are corrupt and morally disgusting.

No. Some people will not engage in practices which victimize others, no matter what. You try to sell this version of corrupt morality as universal, because you are corrupt and morally disgusting.
And that is what I said. I am not advocating victimizing people. What I am advocating is that self interest is not evil. It is what EVERYONE does. We all act in our own self interest. Mother Teresa did what she did to ensure her place in heaven. That it benefited people was a desirable by product. I do what I do for me and in the process hope that I help the people that have come to me. I chose to be lawyer because of the injustices I saw in the criminal justice world. But I did it because it is what I wanted to do, not because I hated it but they needed help anyway. My self interest motivated me to work in a way that helps people, and least I hope it does. WIth divorce I am not sure it always works out that way because my client's self interest sometime includes nasty motivations for revenge and greed.

Everyone has to rationalize their morals, just like you do AH with buying "slave" produced goods.

Everyone has to rationalize their morals, just like you do AH with buying "slave" produced goods.

The choices are limited because our government has given up regulating trade with a long term future for americans in mind. It is hard to avoid it when there are few to no alternatives. Maybe you can shout GOTCHA at me, but it still does not justify the government failing to regulate trade with the long term benefit of americans in mind.

If trade manipulation is fine when it comes to "getting us off oil" why is it wrong to regulate it for the reason of keeping jobs and key production capacities at home?

The choices are limited because our government has given up regulating trade with a long term future for americans in mind. It is hard to avoid it when there are few to no alternatives. Maybe you can shout GOTCHA at me, but it still does not justify the government failing to regulate trade with the long term benefit of americans in mind.

Yep that is what I said :D

Back