Why are atheists like cypress so invested in monotheism?

oooh, the font's gettin' bigger. Stamp stamp stamp those widdle feet, Cypress.
When it comes to the question of whether Baptists are of the Protestant tradition, there is only one theologically correct answer.

This answer is confirmed by the Southern Baptist Convention, the National Baptist Convention USA, the American Baptist Churches USA, and Encyclopedia Britannica.

Thirty seconds of frantic Googling in a pathetically desperate desire to “prove Cypress wrong!” does nothing to alter that theological fact.

Unlike you, I don’t place weight on random fringe opinions and erroneous information some random guys posted on the internet. The standard I place weight on are mainstream experts and the leadership of the major Baptist churches themselves:

Encyclopedia Britannica
"Baptist, member of a group of Protestant Christians who share the basic beliefs of most Protestants"

American Baptist Churches USA
"American Baptist Churches USA today is the most racially inclusive Protestant body."

National Baptist Convention, USA
“We lead two of the nation’s largest Protestant denominations

Southern Baptist Convention, Resolution 2017 Annual Meeting
Baptists trace much of their theological heritage to the events, figures, and principles of the Protestant Reformation. Baptists particularly value the principles of the Protestant Reformation that inspired subsequent generations of Baptists. We commit ourselves anew to the biblical convictions of the Protestant Reformation”

Calvary Road Baptist Church
“The Baptist religion is another popular denomination in Protestant Christianity.

Christinanity.com
"Baptist
: it’s one of the most well-known denominations in Protestant Christianity and is named after its main belief in believer’s baptism"

Pew Research Center
"Southern Baptists are the largest evangelical Protestant group in the United States."

Clearview Baptist Church
"The Baptist religion stems from the Protestant Christian church."

Gallup News
"Southern Baptist denomination remains the largest Protestant group in the U.S."

Politico.com
"The Southern Baptist Convention, the nation’s largest and most politically powerful Protestant denomination"

New York Times
"Southern Baptists...the nation’s largest Protestant denomination"

]

Young and Floyd Issue Joint Statement on Racial Injustice - National Baptist Convention, USA Inc.

On The Five Hundredth Anniversary Of The Protestant Reformation - SBC.net

Baptist Religion (crbc.org)

We need a sub-forum for Cypress and Obtenebrator to write insults to each other.
It's a sociological experiment.

I virtually always allow Perry the PhD to have the last word.

This experiment will show if he is so emotionally and psychologically weak, he doesn't feel he can live without getting the last word in.

It's a sociological experiment.

I virtually always allow Perry the PhD to have the last word.

This experiment will show if he is so emotionally and psychologically weak, he doesn't feel he can live without getting the last word in.
It is very boring. You ruined this sub-forum for everyone. Why not just exchange emails.

It is very boring. You ruined this sub-forum for everyone. Why not just exchange emails.
My experiment isn't completed yet, to see if Perry the PhD is emotionally and psychologically incapable of functioning without getting the last word in.

When it comes to the question of whether Baptists are of the Protestant tradition, there is only one theologically correct answer.

This answer is confirmed by the Southern Baptist Convention, the National Baptist Convention USA, the American Baptist Churches USA, and Encyclopedia Britannica.

Thirty seconds of frantic Googling in a pathetically desperate desire to “prove Cypress wrong!” does nothing to alter that theological fact.

Unlike you, I don’t place weight on random fringe opinions and erroneous information some random guys posted on the internet. The standard I place weight on are mainstream experts and the leadership of the major Baptist churches themselves:

Encyclopedia Britannica
"Baptist, member of a group of Protestant Christians who share the basic beliefs of most Protestants"

American Baptist Churches USA
"American Baptist Churches USA today is the most racially inclusive Protestant body."

National Baptist Convention, USA
“We lead two of the nation’s largest Protestant denominations

Southern Baptist Convention, Resolution 2017 Annual Meeting
Baptists trace much of their theological heritage to the events, figures, and principles of the Protestant Reformation. Baptists particularly value the principles of the Protestant Reformation that inspired subsequent generations of Baptists. We commit ourselves anew to the biblical convictions of the Protestant Reformation”

Calvary Road Baptist Church
“The Baptist religion is another popular denomination in Protestant Christianity.

Christinanity.com
"Baptist
: it’s one of the most well-known denominations in Protestant Christianity and is named after its main belief in believer’s baptism"

Pew Research Center
"Southern Baptists are the largest evangelical Protestant group in the United States."

Clearview Baptist Church
"The Baptist religion stems from the Protestant Christian church."

Gallup News
"Southern Baptist denomination remains the largest Protestant group in the U.S."

Politico.com
"The Southern Baptist Convention, the nation’s largest and most politically powerful Protestant denomination"

New York Times
"Southern Baptists...the nation’s largest Protestant denomination"

]

Young and Floyd Issue Joint Statement on Racial Injustice - National Baptist Convention, USA Inc.

On The Five Hundredth Anniversary Of The Protestant Reformation - SBC.net

Baptist Religion (crbc.org)

Yikes, dude, your rage has gotten the better of you.

Please calm down a bit and maybe try to understand the point.

Yikes, dude, your rage has gotten the better of you.

Please calm down a bit and maybe try to understand the point.
See Hume, that's the conclusion of my experiment to demonstrate if Perry the PhD is the type of person who always who is deeply emotionally and psychologically invested in always getting the last word in. That's not a good trait to have, and almost always annoys girlfriends, coworkers, and spouses.

My experiment isn't completed yet, to see if Perry the PhD is emotionally and psychologically incapable of functioning without getting the last word in.

Cypress, do NOT feel bad about yourself because you couldn't possibly have ever gotten a PhD. It isn't that hard but it also isn't that important. I don't know why it is SO important for you, except that it seems to be part of your ego problem. You simply can't handle someone questioning you or having more education than you. Or being better and discussing points.

Calm yourself.

Back