Why are people giving Ron Paul so much money?

I give him money because I believe in his message, and I believe that it should be heard. I hope he gets the R nod, but I'm under no illusions that he indeed will.

I'm tired of the status quo, that the Republicrats have been selling us for 100 years. You might like it, but I don't and I won't support it anymore.

More of the same. More war, more restrictions of liberty, more shackles, more ownership of the individual by the government... You endorse it, I don't

That's why.

My thoughts exactly. It goes back to being forced to vote the vast majority of elites who really don't care about the people first. May be not even 5th.

When we can elect people from a more broad segment of the population, we will be able to accuratly represent the population.

I am very passionate about the words you spoke. Enough to see myself running for office in the future (after much more homework). I have enough passion to give my life if or when the assassination was plotted, and possibly executed from big interests upon me. It would be them to bring up phisical force, not me. I would be just explain to the people why they are upset, because I know why theMAJORITY is upset , and the people would get excited---people who never voted before will get off the couch and vote--and that scares the hell out of the controllers.

Hey, freedom is something you should be willing to die for, in my opinion, just like seveal founding fathers died-----for the real greater good--a freedom of the people.

You're saying that a libertarian can't think of one single policy position of Ron Paul's or Micheal Badnarik, to criticize? I guess not, I've hardly ever heard criticism of libertarian policies or politicians. They must be perfect.

I can think of something to criticize, or at least inquire about. I agree with his core philosophies, as I know a free man can do great things. But, Mr. Paul does bring up the country 100 years ago as a reference quite a bit. My question to him is, how are we going to do it with out being a huge culture shock to the people who are all used to welfare because of liberial policies? (hehe) He address that a bit, by saying people do have to act responsibe for themselfs for freedom to work. I agree with Paul that people will become dependant if you offer it to them. Then they think welfare is a right. Paul mentions that people have humanity, and with a free society, the numbers of dependant people will drop. The rest will get help from private groups I am sure--because many people do have huministic values. I do worry how to educate these people how to be free again, and accept the responsility that comes with freedom. People need to realize that accepting the responsibilities for freedom, is very much well worth it.

Last edited:
I can think of something to criticize, or at least inquire about. I agree with his core philosophies, as I know a free man can do great things. But, Mr. Paul does bring up the country 100 years ago as a reference quite a bit. My question to him is, how are we going to do it with out being a huge culture shock to the people who are all used to welfare because of liberial policies? (hehe) He address that a bit, by saying people do have to act responsibe for themselfs for freedom to work. I agree with Paul that people will become dependant if you offer it to them. Then they think welfare is a right. Paul mentions that people have humanity, and with a free society, the numbers of dependant people will drop. The rest will get help from private groups I am sure--because many people do have huministic values. I do worry how to educate these people how to be free again, and accept the responsility that comes with freedom.
The reality is, he wouldn't be able to do what he says and he knows it. He could effect the spending quite strongly by refusing to accept an unbalanced budget, but he can't cut programs without legislative support. Things like that would be curtailed because of the deficit angle and finite cash on hand.

His earnings notwithstanding there is no real belief that he will be the candidate either. It is a bit like writing a fiction novel expecting everybody to take this hypothetical seriously and pretend he is the President.

My thoughts exactly. It goes back to being forced to vote the vast majority of elites who really don't care about the people first. May be not even 5th.

When we can elect people from a more broad segment of the population, we will be able to accuratly represent the population.

I am very passionate about the words you spoke. Enough to see myself running for office in the future (after much more homework). I have enough passion to give my life if or when the assassination was plotted, and possibly executed from big interests upon me. It would be them to bring up phisical force, not me. I would be just explain to the people why they are upset, because I know why theMAJORITY is upset , and the people would get excited---people who never voted before will get off the couch and vote--and that scares the hell out of the controllers.

Hey, freedom is something you should be willing to die for, in my opinion, just like seveal founding fathers died-----for the real greater good--a freedom of the people.

:clink:

Well, more power to you. I don't have the stomach for politics, and even if I did, I've said too much on these message boards to ever get elected.

The reality is, he wouldn't be able to do what he says and he knows it. He could effect the spending quite strongly by refusing to accept an unbalanced budget, but he can't cut programs without legislative support. Things like that would be curtailed because of the deficit angle and finite cash on hand.

His earnings notwithstanding there is no real belief that he will be the candidate either. It is a bit like writing a fiction novel expecting everybody to take this hypothetical seriously and pretend he is the President.

I think it is possible for one man to get things like this done. If the people vote him in, all he has to do is talk with the people on a regular basis. may be a quartly progress report to his bosses on major networks---us. So, with the progress report, and naming names of politicians who are in the way of what the people voted the candidate in for, those elected officials that think they can play the black ball will be hearing directly from the people. Remember the amnisty bill, that conservative talk radio stopped by exciting the people? Those politicians changed their minds over night when their phones were flooded---because they know their career is on the line. Pauls life would be on the line also, but I think it is worth it to him, because he knows it is worth it to theMAJORITY!

:clink:

Well, more power to you. I don't have the stomach for politics, and even if I did, I've said too much on these message boards to ever get elected.

I don't have the stomach for politics either. I juslt hate injustices, secret agendas, and lies from our elected officials on a daily basis. I would not play their game. I would go straight to the people through out the term to help make sure I can do what I said I would do. I still believe the people are the power---in any country.

Why are people giving Ron Paul so much money?
//

Cause they all wanna have sex with him ?

I've decided that you're Bill Duaterive:

billdauterive.jpg

I don't have the stomach for politics either. I juslt hate injustices, secret agendas, and lies from our elected officials on a daily basis. I would not play their game. I would go straight to the people through out the term to help make sure I can do what I said I would do. I still believe the people are the power---in any country.

More power to you again then friend.

The people do have the power, but the establishment precludes them from excercising the power, that needs to change, and how.

LOL!!! I don't watch that show but that picture says it all! Classic!!!

:D I've been trying to put my finger on it, and then it just came to me.

If you watched the show, the personality reinforces the image, 10 fold.

Naah more hair, no ot belly or beer, and my IQ is higher than a rock.

That dude is plumb stoopit.

I am much better looking too.
:D

More power to you again then friend.

The people do have the power, but the establishment precludes them from excercising the power, that needs to change, and how.

I persoanlly think the problem is the majority of the people don't know how to use their power. If they knew how to use it, our elected officials would not have a choice. The amnisty bill proved to me that they react to public demand--if we demand it. And they reacted very quickly for the amnisty bill.

I just bought my first CNC milling machine from one company that stood out. They stood out because their web site was very informational, and it educated me. I bought from them. Education on how to use the power is a key element IMO.

Last edited:
I persoanlly think the problem is the majority of the people don't know how to use their power. If they knew how to use it, our elected officials would not have a choice. The amnisty bill proved to me that they react to public demand--if we demand it. And they reacted very quickly for the amnisty bill.

I just bought my first CNC milling machine from one company that stood out. They stood out because their web site was very informational, and it educated me. I bought from them. Education on how to use the power is a key element IMO.

Gerrymandering, pork barrel spending, campaign financing, election laws... These all preclude people from exercising their power, by design. They are ways of manipulating the vote, so that 1 vote doesn't exactly equal one vote, but rather 1 vote in a particular district, or one vote for a particular party, or 1 vote for a write in candidate...

Its a fucked situation.

Ahh you were not here for all the i wanna have sex with ron polls.

Nope never heard of them. So, sorry I missed the joke. I do find it to absurd to talk much about though. Total mud slinging about a man that probably would never lie to us is a joke I would not understand. But yes, I did not see that ron poll thing, and I apologize---that you like bad jokes. :)

Gerrymandering, pork barrel spending, campaign financing, election laws... These all preclude people from exercising their power, by design. They are ways of manipulating the vote, so that 1 vote doesn't exactly equal one vote, but rather 1 vote in a particular district, or one vote for a particular party, or 1 vote for a write in candidate...

Its a fucked situation.

I still don't believe we lost. If the peole demand that we restructure the way we run for office and vote, so the whole population has a shot of winning---none of the examples you have above will exist in two terms.

If we just stick with changing the way we run and vote, so we get balance--I think most of these issues would not exist over a bit of time. It is just natural progression. It has been natural progression for the elites for the last 100 years, because it is set up to have to be elite to have a good shot of winning. The same natural progression will work in reverse if we can vote people that we really like, trust, and come from the population they represent. If all we have is the elite, they naturally help out that small segment of the population first. It will work for a balance if we can elect from the whole population. That is all we have to change. I promise. :)

Ron paul is on Beck again right now. Just started.

Back