why are the costs of food and energy excluded from the inflation rate

I am Stating the issue in a simple manner. You are playing word games.

You made no reference in your post to my increased cost of living from my direct purchases of energy products. Ie heating my home and filling my vehicle.

You just keep divirting to the imbedded in the cost of the prodcut thing.

Well if the cost of heating my home goes up by 20-30% that is a direct cost of living increase no factoring into the cost of a loaf of bread needed there bud.

Play your word games if you want I know what bites my butt.
I am not playing word games.

I said,

What you buy in gas to go places should be factored in.

What is used to get an item to the shelf should not because it is already factored into the price of the item.

That is direct, not word games.

Food would be factored in, in my version. What you are saying is what I said, what you buy should be factored in.

The only thing I have said is those things used (energy and gas) to get a product to the shelf should not be factored back in as it is already part of the price of the item you are purchasing.

I am not playing word games.

I said,

What you buy in gas to go places should be factored in.

What is used to get an item to the shelf should not because it is already factored into the price of the item.

That is direct, not word games.

But the price of the item is what is used in the index is it not? So it's all good.

Im not obscuring the truth, I'm emphasizing it.
By exaggerating numbers by reporting them twice? That is obfuscation, not emphasis.

My point has been from the beginning.

We can accurately report this if we do not refactor pricing that is already a part of the items we are purchasing.

We would factor in gasoline you use to get to work, not the gasoline used to get the product to the shelf because it is already part of the price of the item.

In that item we pay for the gas to get it there, the cost of energy associated to make it, the cost of the stuff used to make it, the labor used to make it, etc. Such things should not be added back in again.

Your answer:

It is so important we should factor it twice, and even three times if you can figure out a way, because that obscures the truth and makes the numbers work more in my favor.

The numbers already will work in your favor, there is no need to exaggerate and figure the numbers inaccurately.

By exaggerating numbers by reporting them twice? That is obfuscation, not emphasis.

My point has been from the beginning.

We can accurately report this if we do not refactor pricing that is already a part of the items we are purchasing.

We would factor in gasoline you use to get to work, not the gasoline used to get the product to the shelf because it is already part of the price of the item.

In that item we pay for the gas to get it there, the cost of energy associated to make it, the cost of the stuff used to make it, the labor used to make it, etc. Such things should not be added back in again.

We pay them twice.

We pay them twice.
We don't.

We pay them once. When do you pay for the gasoline the truck used to bring the item to your store? Only when you purchase the item. It is false and inaccurate to report those sales of gasoline as retail sales when they are already reported in the prices of the items we purchase, and the only reason one would want to lie that way is to obscure the truth.

It would be like adding back in the cost of the tools used to create the item, it is already in the price there would be no need to factor them back in. If they weren't in the price of the item the business would be losing money, they wouldn't stay in business.

When I pay for the item, as those costs are embedded in it, as you already agreed.
Right, the one time we pay for the cost of the gasoline and energy, etc. as a society, is there. In that item it is already factored into the cost of the item. Not twice, just once. If we re-report it as a retail purchase we are inaccurately exaggerating the number. The only reason to WANT to inaccurately report it is if you have an agenda it would help.

Right, the one time we pay for them is there. In that item it is already factored into the cost of the item. Not twice, just once. If we re-report it as a retail purchase we are inaccurately exaggerating the number. The only reason to WANT to inaccurately report it is if you have an agenda it would help.

But then we also pay for fuel directly in our individual lives as we drive to the amazing consumer outlets.

But then we also pay for fuel directly in our individual lives as we drive to the amazing consumer outlets.
Duh. Now you are repeating what I already said! How many times have I said that the fuel we directly pay for to get us places is retail and would be factored in directly? About a million in this thread alone (yes, again an exaggeration).

What part of that do you not understand? That would be factored in directly. The stuff we purchase to get us places, factored in directly, the stuff we pay for the gas in the price on the shelf, the fuel would not be directly factored because it is already part of the item we purchase.

Can you make it any more clear you don't even understand the conversation you are taking part in?

Duh, how many times have I said that the fuel we directly pay for to get us places is retail?

What part of that do you not understand? That would be factored in directly. The stuff we purchase to get us places, factored in directly, the stuff we pay for the gas in the price on the shelf, the fuel would not be directly factored because it is already part of the item we purchase.

Can you make it any more clear you don't even understand the conversation you are taking part in?

We all know he gets it, just refuses to hear it. It's his MO, allows him to be the asshat.

Duh, how many times have I said that the fuel we directly pay for to get us places is retail?
It's the retail price of fuel. It's not as an embed.

When it's in the price of the item, it's factored directly into the price of the item.

It's the retail price of fuel. It's not as an embed.

When it's in the price of the item, it's factored directly into the price of the item.
You are being deliberately obtuse.

If I am a truck driver bringing you the plunger you are going to use to plunge your toilet, I purchase gasoline. When you buy the plunger the gasoline is already factored into the price of that item. If it wasn't there would be no profit to be made as that gas was part of the cost to get the item to you. The gas I purchase in that circumstance would not be directly factored in, using my system, as it would already be part of the item.

When I got home and got into my mini to drive over to the Supermarket and stopped for gas, I am not delivering a product, that gas is retail not wholesale cost and would be directly factored into the Inflation index.

Direct purchase = factored in.

THe wholesale price of fuel is embedded in the retail price of fuel? Get out of town. LOL. You're funny, man.
No, you are being deliberately obtuse now. You are not this stupid, and we both know that so you are doing it purposefully.

I said when you purchase fuel directly, to get you places not to deliver an item for sale, it would be directly factored.

What part of that sentence do you not understand? Which word is too big for you?

When I say "retail use would be factored in" such purchases as you using gas to get to work are included in that.

When I say "if you want to be accurate you would need to carefully exclude wholesale usage of gas and energy so that it isn't factored twice" it means only that.

Is it the word "retail" that confuses you so much?

Back