'Why CNN's Trump town hall was always doomed to fail'

midcan5

One has to give Trump credit, few people could lie so often and so consistently and yet act outraged when called out on lying. It is an amazing act, one that few humans could accomplish. One wonders if asked, could Trump even acknowledge his lies or are lies just an integral part of his person and character and he actually sees them as valid replies? And what does this say of his followers, do they too believe, or do they just enjoy the show?

'But truly, what did CNN or Kaitlan Collins think would happen?'

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/cnn-trump-town-hall-kaitlan-collins-fail-rcna83875

Readings on topic:

"The path to peace of mind lies in giving one's mind over to the regime." Masha Gessen, 'Surviving Autocracy' See down.

'Trump was the regime that so many gave their minds over to.'

"And his assault on truth-which had been clear in 2016 when I sat in that New Hampshire coffee shop-had continued unabated for four years by this point. In fact, it had increased and accelerated. In his first year as president, he averaged six false claims every day. In his second year, that number went up to sixteen false claims a day. In year three, it was twenty-two. And then in his final year, his false claims vaulted up to a staggering average of thirty-nine per day. In all, he uttered more than thirty thousand lies, deceptions, and misleading statements during his four-year presidency" Testimony (p206)

'Testimony - Inside The Evangelical Movement That Failed A Generation'

"Jon Ward’s life is divided in half: two decades inside the evangelical Christian bubble and two decades outside of it."

https://www.jonwardwrites.org/book/testimony

Masha Gessen, 'Surviving Autocracy'

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...-review-with-trump-there-is-no-shared-reality

I don’t think it was a complete failure, because lots of people got to watch an unhinged moron ramble incoherently for an hour. And they are thinking ‘they want to vote for THAT guy?’

My favorite moment (so far, I haven’t watched that much) was Trump educating us on the history of man. According to Trump, stars have been grabbing pussy for ‘a million years. Approximately a million years, maybe more’.

I had no idea man was even around a million years ago, but I guess male stars (maybe the best hunter, or the guy who figured out how to make fire) got to grab the cavewoman’s pussy. You learn something new every day. My wife and I busted a gut when we heard him say that.

Trump was just embarrassing. The entire thing was cringeworthy.

Oh, almost forgot. I had no idea we had run out of ammo. Maybe the gun nuts here can lend some to the military. You can’t make this shit up.

They don’t care about Trump, they brought him in because they are trying to rebrand away from the liberal cesspool they have become.

They are hemorrhaging viewers and advertisers and probably have less than five years unless they make massive changes

Hard to say how independents will view this. He clearly has more energy and ability to speak than Biden does

He did not do a thing to make me vote for him for the first time though.

The only thing he really said that I appreciated was how fucked Biden is on Ukraine and how nobody is going to win.

Does the right wing thing about saying "let me speak: when a person is not done asking a question originate with daffy Donald? Rightys do that a lot. Both parties do divert when questions are asked by saying "I am focusing on that and cannot talk about other things. If you cannot focus on several things, you are not qualified to be a leader.

Does the right wing thing about saying "let me speak: when a person is not done asking a question originate with daffy Donald? Rightys do that a lot. Both parties do divert when questions are asked by saying "I am focusing on that and cannot talk about other things. If you cannot focus on several things, you are not qualified to be a leader.

she was factually wrong on most of her inane and misplaced points.

moderators are not supposed to fact check.

It was a huge success for CNN. They want Trump to be the next President.

that explains them using a moderator that was visibly hostile (derp derp)

imagine Dementia Joe having to face intense questioning. He would challenge the reporter to a fight and call him retarded names like dog faced pony boy :laugh:

that explains them using a moderator that was visibly hostile (derp derp)

imagine Dementia Joe having to face intense questioning. He would challenge the reporter to a fight and call him retarded names like dog faced pony boy :laugh:

duhhhhhhhhhhh derpppppppppppppppppppppppp

Hard to say how independents will view this. He clearly has more energy and ability to speak than Biden does

He did not do a thing to make me vote for him for the first time though.

The only thing he really said that I appreciated was how fucked Biden is on Ukraine and how nobody is going to win.
He’s manic that’s not a good kind of energy
[FONT=&quot]The manic phase of bipolar disorder may include:

• feeling very happy, elated or overjoyed.
  • talking very quickly.
  • feeling full of energy.
  • feeling self-important.
  • feeling full of great new ideas and having important plans.
  • being easily distracted.
  • being easily irritated or agitated.
More items...

[/FONT]

PGEB9b1brVHY0eqhFihFQuiAkKtnNiTwJUNhlqoGfDKiR2jAkLo4QBXcAjMMNBgFIyCUTAKAJaE7XXpS o4AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

https://www.nhs.uk › conditions › s...

[h=3]Symptoms - Bipolar disorder - NHS[/h]

I don’t think it was a complete failure, because lots of people got to watch an unhinged moron ramble incoherently for an hour. And they are thinking ‘they want to vote for THAT guy?’

My favorite moment (so far, I haven’t watched that much) was Trump educating us on the history of man. According to Trump, stars have been grabbing pussy for ‘a million years. Approximately a million years, maybe more’.

I had no idea man was even around a million years ago, but I guess male stars (maybe the best hunter, or the guy who figured out how to make fire) got to grab the cavewoman’s pussy. You learn something new every day. My wife and I busted a gut when we heard him say that.

Trump was just embarrassing. The entire thing was cringeworthy.

Oh, almost forgot. I had no idea we had run out of ammo. Maybe the gun nuts here can lend some to the military. You can’t make this shit up.

I’m watching it on CNN on demand now. Yes, Trump comes off as a complete loon, yet his fans in the audience were applauding those lies.

The transcript: https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/11/politics/transcript-cnn-town-hall-trump/index.html

[FONT="][B]The manic phase of bipolar disorder may include:[/B][/FONT]

[LIST]
[*]feeling very happy, elated or overjoyed.
[*]talking very quickly.
[*]feeling full of energy.
[*]feeling self-important.
[*]feeling full of great new ideas and having important plans.
[*]being easily distracted.
[*]being easily irritated or agitated.
[/LIST]
[URL="https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/bipolar-disorder/symptoms/"]More items...[/URL]

PGEB9b1brVHY0eqhFihFQuiAkKtnNiTwJUNhlqoGfDKiR2jAkLo4QBXcAjMMNBgFIyCUTAKAJaE7XXpS o4AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I have no doubt he has major mental issues.

He’s also well known to abuse Adderall. It helps explain why he needs so “executive time” to recover after such events.

[FONT="][B]The manic phase of bipolar disorder may include:[/B][/FONT]

[LIST]
[*]feeling very happy, elated or overjoyed.
[*]talking very quickly.
[*]feeling full of energy.
[*]feeling self-important.
[*]feeling full of great new ideas and having important plans.
[*]being easily distracted.
[*]being easily irritated or agitated.
[/LIST]
[URL="https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/bipolar-disorder/symptoms/"]More items...[/URL]

he is clearly a narcissist, but your psycho babble is as retarded as everything you ever chime in with

she was factually wrong on most of her inane and misplaced points.

moderators are not supposed to fact check.

No, she was not. Trump did a rerun of previous elections. That simple repetition will work on you, but he will not expand his base with really stupid right-wing lies. Trump is a pig. He is rude and a bully. He respects nobody and looks at women with disdain. He just got done losing a sexual abuse case. He has lost 4 cases in a row with more losses sure to come. He is a stupid person whose only talent is being a good con man.

No, she was not. Trump did a rerun of previous elections. That simple repetition will work on you, but he will not expand his base with really stupid right-wing lies. Trump is a pig. He is rude and a bully. He respects nobody and looks at women with disdain. He just got done losing a sexual abuse case. He has lost 4 cases in a row with more losses sure to come. He is a stupid person whose only talent is being a good con man.

yes. she was.

and she asked about the election.

trump wants to move forward.

yes. she was.

and she asked about the election.

trump wants to move forward.

Trump does not decide that. It is a fair question. He has been fighting a fair and honest election for years now. He is still lying about it. It is not just the election. He is calling the entire election system corrupt. Funny. the rightys who won have not said that. Just the ones who lost. The same election was quite fair if you won.

What would be the motivation to walk that cablecast event?

I didn't see a second of it, and despite that,
am 100% confident that I missed nothing that needed to be seen or heard.

I am somewhat curious, however, at what people may have expected or even hoped to see and hear.

Back