Why do people still believe in Jesus and Christianity?

It's been obliterated by scholars for over a hundred years. We know that Jesus himself is most likely pure myth.

Most likely pure myth? Is that the same as saying all atheists are mostly like pure baby killers?

The reason 2 Billion people believe in Jesus and Christianity is the same reason why 2 Billion people believe in Muhammad and Islam or 500 million people believe in Buddha.

FT_17.04.05_projectionsUpdate_globalPop640px.png

I think the chances that Jesus didn't exist are about zero. Other than that, it rather depends what you mean by Christianity. What you have in the 'States is very far from that.

It's been obliterated by scholars for over a hundred years. We know that Jesus himself is most likely pure myth.

Can't speak about other countries, but in America going to church is more of a social activity than it is a worship one. As to why so many claim to be Christian yet do not attend church, or act even remotely as Jesus taught, is a question beyond my pay grade. I'd have to go with fear of death, hedging one's bets about an afterlife, tradition (they were brought up to say they are Christians), or just fitting in with the crowd. Even in the 21st century, non-Christians are seen by many as somehow immoral, lacking in ethics, untrustworthy.

The trouble is that it's difficult to enter into discussion when the terms are so hopelessly misunderstood by the trumper types who so often use such words as 'Christian'. It's very like the question of Marx: clearly nobody in his right mind supports what those weirdoes mean by Marxist, OR what they mean by Christian. If we read seriously and use whatever brain we can, however, the problem is a great deal more complex: Jesus and the Buddha are the 'religious' thinkers who have most to offer us today, just as Marx (and to some degree Darwin) are the Nineteenth Century thinkers who still have relevance.

The thread is making unsupported claims about Christians not yakuda. You're just a shit filled bag of idiocy aren't you?

So now you are hiding behind the OP? ROFLMAO

Everyone can see you called people cunts, cockroaches and other names. None of which has anything to do with the OP. You're not just a hypocrite, but you are proved to be a coward. An unChristian coward. Sad.

Back