Why do people still believe in Jesus and Christianity?

Consensus is not a proof. Global Warming is merely a religion that requires its members to outright reject logic, mathematics, and science.

Delicious! You wouldn't know logic, mathematics and science if they were spitting in your face.

Fun to watch you pretend that you're actually acquainted with them.

Because there is no afterlife.

Yes. The logical conclusion. But ... who knows? Maybe you come back as an Ant or Tadpole. Maybe there's a Parallel Universe? Maybe a non-physical dimension?
I can see religious types hoping for a 'Life-after-Death' pay off at the end of the road.

Also, 'Kings, Chiefs, Emperors, Czars' use 'religion' as a way to control the populace, so you can see how this has been used over the centuries to manipulate the People.

No one has been able to PROVE existence after death, ... or disprove it. So the Atheist and the Theist are both similar in that they both have 'Faith' that they are right.

Agnostic:
"Agnosticism is the view that the existence of God, of the divine or the supernatural is unknown or unknowable. Another definition provided is the view that "human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify either the belief that God exists or the belief that God does not exist." Hypernymously it is a degree of ambivalence between generalized metaphysical personocracy and naturalism.Wikipedia

Yes. The logical conclusion. But ... who knows? Maybe you come back as an Ant or Tadpole. Maybe there's a Parallel Universe? Maybe a non-physical dimension?
I can see religious types hoping for a 'Life-after-Death' pay off at the end of the road.

Also, 'Kings, Chiefs, Emperors, Czars' use 'religion' as a way to control the populace, so you can see how this has been used over the centuries to manipulate the People.

No one has been able to PROVE existence after death, ... or disprove it. So the Atheist and the Theist are both similar in that they both have 'Faith' that they are right.

Agnostic:
"Agnosticism is the view that the existence of God, of the divine or the supernatural is unknown or unknowable. Another definition provided is the view that "human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify either the belief that God exists or the belief that God does not exist." Hypernymously it is a degree of ambivalence between generalized metaphysical personocracy and naturalism.Wikipedia

What if God is an elephant. Shouldn't we worship elephants just in case?

Why believe is something based on nothing? Maybe an invisible elephant is holding up the planet.

Not sure what you were trying to say here, but I do not care what anyone "believes."

I merely was calling attention to assertions about stuff we do not know.

Anyone asserting that there is an afterlife...is asserting something he/she does not know.

Anyone asserting that there is no afterlife...is asserting something he/she does not know.

You wanna "believe" shit..."believe" it.

Not sure what you were trying to say here, but I do not care what anyone "believes."

Anyone asserting that there is an afterlife...is asserting something he/she does not know.

Anyone asserting that there is no afterlife...is asserting something he/she does not know.

ok

I believe Frank and I are on the same page here.

Back