Why do we trust the church?

So, I just watched "Spotlight," which was an outstanding flick. And it got me thinking: after something like that, which was so widespread & went on for decades...why does anyone trust the church? Why do we consider the church to have moral authority?

And then you take it back further - the the medieval church. An absolute bastion of corruption and amorality. Why do we trust that those same people faithfully translated the Bible, with no other agenda? It's inconsistent with everything we know about that church, and the church today, and human behavior in general.

So, I just watched "Spotlight," which was an outstanding flick. And it got me thinking: after something like that, which was so widespread & went on for decades...why does anyone trust the church? Why do we consider the church to have moral authority?

And then you take it back further - the the medieval church. An absolute bastion of corruption and amorality. Why do we trust that those same people faithfully translated the Bible, with no other agenda? It's inconsistent with everything we know about that church, and the church today, and human behavior in general.

So you watched a movie and base your entire view on it?

I think it is because the way we are conditioned to pray, pay and obey. Most local churches were not affected by the scandal, so people don't truly think about what doesn't happen to them personally.

Here in Anchorage a very popular high school principal took his life after he came forward with his story. It had a deep impact on our community, so it became a little more concrete for us. The local parish also suffered financially because of it as well.

I trust God.

Te funniest thing in this thread is that Granny and CFM actually think they are Christians.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAPmAAAAJGQ2OGU0ODJkLWZmNjMtNDI4Ny04NzdiLTAyMDgxZGViYzYwOA.jpg

Let's see: you've got a negro, a chick and a tool (who's probably gay).

Yup, the above photo is democrat party approved. ;)

Back