why does a guy who has a rich wife need SS?

Last week, McCain told observers at a town-hall meeting in Portsmouth, Ohio, "Americans have got to understand that we are paying present-day retirees with the taxes paid by young workers ... and that's a disgrace."

LOL what an idiot. Thanks captain obvious

freaking libtards,
the government confiscates 7% a month for decades and your whining about the guy getting $2,000 a month.
Obama is way right of you desh

It is his money, they took it from his pay for him to receive at a later date....the beauty of Social security is that everyone that pays in to it for a minimum of 10 years, if alive when old, will receive it. Unlike income taxes, where we pay it and pay it and pay it, without anything coming back to us with our name on it....

I don't have a problem with him "receiving" it....it is his due.

Now....if he wants to donate that $2000 a month back to SS or donate to other charities with this money....that is purely up to him....

We do not know what he gives to charity yearly and his 2k a month may contribute to such....??? We really don't have all the facts on this Desh....imo.

care

It is his money, they took it from his pay for him to receive at a later date....the beauty of Social security is that everyone that pays in to it for a minimum of 10 years, if alive when old, will receive it. Unlike income taxes, where we pay it and pay it and pay it, without anything coming back to us with our name on it....

I don't have a problem with him "receiving" it....it is his due.

Now....if he wants to donate that $2000 a month back to SS or donate to other charities with this money....that is purely up to him....

We do not know what he gives to charity yearly and his 2k a month may contribute to such....??? We really don't have all the facts on this Desh....imo.

care
http://philanthropy.com/news/updates/4437/john-mccain-discloses-data-on-his-charity-giving
In 2007, the Arizona senator reported $405,409 in total income and contributed $105,467, or 26 percent of his total income, to charity.

In 2006, Mr. McCain said he had $358,414 in total income and donated $64,695, or 18 percent of his total income, to charity....

More at link...

It appears as if he gives quite a bit more than the 24K per year he receives from SS.

For people who hate SS and say it should be changed entirely to keep taking the money even when they are filthy rich is just scumbaggery in my mind.

Its like praising the the damn war and refusing to fight or allow you kids to fight.

For people who hate SS and say it should be changed entirely to keep taking the money even when they are filthy rich is just scumbaggery in my mind.

Its like praising the the damn war and refusing to fight or allow you kids to fight.
Saying it needs to be fixed is not the same thing as "hating SS".

You are projecting what you want to see in them rather than listening to what they say.

For saying SS is broken means that you hate it?

And 90% of America supported us going into Afghanistan after 9/11 yet I didn't see 90% of our country signing up to fight it.

I am, it is insurance, not a retirement savings plan.

I do not need SS money, I do need Medicare though.

it's a contractal agreement between the taxpayer and the government. Where the hell do you get the insurance thing from? For many people it will be a source of income they are counting on having. People paid into it!!! They are owed the money they paid into it.

It's really funny how SS benefits are not meant to live on according people like USC, but the very same people cry for minimum wage increases for entry level jobs.

It is meant to live or or try to live on for those who need it. Not for those who don't like Reagan and McSame.

So means testing was set up when social security was orginated? When did it switch?

How many times has the rules around SSI changed ?

this is a moral thing, I am sure the whiners who say it is my money and I want to keep it would not understand.

For saying SS is broken means that you hate it?

And 90% of America supported us going into Afghanistan after 9/11 yet I didn't see 90% of our country signing up to fight it.

Because at the time he had a military that was sufficient to fight the war.

Later after we went to Iraq for no good reason the jackasses who supported had very few who were willing to go fight it.

Saying SS needs to be privitized is the equivalent of dismantleing it.

Wither on the vine , drag it down the hall and drown in in the bathtub.

It has long been the hope of the right to end it.

It is meant to live or or try to live on for those who need it. Not for those who don't like Reagan and McSame.
What? This is inane. It was meant as a retirement account to buttress other savings and to ensure some retirement for those who could not save or whose savings failed.

It was never stated that the "rich" who paid into it would be excluded from what they paid for. And during the arguments for it, it was promised that it would never become a "National Identification Number" or would be dependent on other taxes. It was not meant to be part of the general fund.

Attempting to use this as a tool to induce emotive response to add to the inane class warfare scenario is just sad and a reflection on the serious lack of education people have about history. McCain was supposed to be able to get back what he paid into the system just like every other. The fact that there is going to be issues in repaying people who pay now into the system doesn't change that it was not as you state, "Not meant for people like McCain."

Back