why does a guy who has a rich wife need SS?

Yes, you are forced to buy car insurance. And based on the contract, upon incident you're entitled to certain reimbursements. You've paid, a covered event occurs, and you get paid out.

What you're suggesting is the equivalent of forcing someone to pay for car insurance and upon incident, be denied all coverages because they have a shore house or made some other wise investments. That's not fair. If you pay the premium you deserve the coverage promised.
I absolutely agree with your assessment. What I am saying is there needs to be more than the requirement that you reach 65 years of age and start getting SS if you own what forbes owns, or if you own what my grandfather owned and got the pensions and the dividends he got. My grandfather made 50k per quarter all said and done, owned his house outright, had a house and land in Colorado near the AF acadamy, owned his car, had full heath insurance through the federal goverment. He didn't need it and under Forbes plan he would not have gotten it. Forbes thinks, and I agree, that you should NEED it before you get it. Car insurance does pay off, but really hurt someone in an accident and if you do have a shore house they are going to come after that as well.

that's assinine IMHO need based when you go your whole life putting in 7%.
All the while the gov is prob pissing away 1/2 the tax $ on 500 hammers.
NO way would that ever pass and thank god, I call that Limosine (falseoutrage) liberals gone wild.

First off I get the idea it is insurance because it is called the federal Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) program. Insurance is RIGHT THERE in the title.
My Life Insurance is not going to ask if my survivors REALLY need to money before paying off, nor does my medical insurance ask if I REALLY need to money when I file. Oh, and about that auto insurance claim a couple years ago, they didn't ask if I REALLY needed the money either.

Insurance my ass.

First off I get the idea it is insurance because it is called the federal Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) program. Insurance is RIGHT THERE in the title. Every trust fund that manages the money has the term Insurance right in the name. As for means testing, it was means tested once upon a time. The requirement used to be that you were completely retired. So if you worked and recieved income from that work, you didn't get Social Security, because you had other MEANS to survive. So, it should be means tested, it is an insurance. That being said, I could hire someone to take my 7% contribution per year and make more money for my retirment than the federal government is EVER going to pay me. So there should be and opt out, there should be a means test, insurance should mean JUST what it says. SS should protect those that somehow get to their golden years with no penision. Forbes should not be getting SS, and if you don't believe me, ask him, he'll tell you the exact same thing.

fair enough. I stand corrected, however, it no longer acts as an insurance since we're guaranteed payments. If it were insurance, there would be a chance you'd get nothing. So I aree it started as insurance, but it no longer is such.

fair enough. I stand corrected, however, it no longer acts as an insurance since we're guaranteed payments. If it were insurance, there would be a chance you'd get nothing. So I aree it started as insurance, but it no longer is such.

I'd just like to point out that tinfoil is a conservative.

/public announcement

Um... that is not correct...

It is called insurance BECAUSE it ensures that you have those guaranteed payments. Insurance IS the "guarantee"

I'd just like to point out that tinfoil is a conservative.

/public announcement

why don't you learn what insurance means dumbass

look it up even, you moron

here you go dipshit

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=define+insurance&btnG=Google+Search"]403 Forbidden[/ame]

7.65% for SSI and Medicare by the employee and 7.65% by the employer. 15.3% up to around 100K.
Imagine 15K a year saved until age 67. IM 33 now. thats 34 years = over 500k plus all appreciation. and thats not including the 15years I have already been paying in.

Its a fucking disgraceful ripoff. Totally welfare.

Oh yes, because I recognize the difference between insurance and something that is guaranteed I'm stupid.

FU silly

Not to be overly critical... but I think you need to look up just what "insurance" does. Insurance IS the guarantee. They are synonymous

I absolutely agree with your assessment. What I am saying is there needs to be more than the requirement that you reach 65 years of age and start getting SS if you own what forbes owns, or if you own what my grandfather owned and got the pensions and the dividends he got. My grandfather made 50k per quarter all said and done, owned his house outright, had a house and land in Colorado near the AF acadamy, owned his car, had full heath insurance through the federal goverment. He didn't need it and under Forbes plan he would not have gotten it. Forbes thinks, and I agree, that you should NEED it before you get it. Car insurance does pay off, but really hurt someone in an accident and if you do have a shore house they are going to come after that as well.

Well, then they should have the option of putting in or not then. I have to tell you, my biggest problem with this, isn't that some 2007 millionaire has to pay like $7K a year for SS. My concern is that the gov't won't update the income limits and we'll be in the same situation we're in with the AMT.

why don't you learn what insurance means dumbass

look it up even, you moron

here you go dipshit

http://www.google.com/search?client...s&hl=en&q=define+insurance&btnG=Google+Search

Definitions of insurance on the Web:

promise of reimbursement in the case of loss; paid to people or companies so concerned about hazards that they have made prepayments to an ...
policy: written contract or certificate of insurance; "you should have read the small print on your policy"
indemnity: protection against future loss
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Insurance, in law and economics, is a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against the risk of a contingent loss. Insurance is defined as the equitable transfer of the risk of a loss, from one entity to another, in exchange for a premium. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurance

A means of indemnity against occurrence of a uncertain event; The business of providing insurance; Metaphoric: Any attempt to anticipate an unfavorable event; Blackjack: A bet made after the deal, which pays off if the dealer has blackjack
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/insurance

A legal agreement with an insurance company that provides for reimbursement in the case of damage or theft to collateral. Wachovia Dealer Services requires you to maintain insurance on the vehicle you purchase.
www.wachoviadealer.com/Consumers/CustomerService/AutoLoanGlossary/default.asp

A system of protection against loss under which a party agrees to pay a certain sum (premiums) for a guarantee that they will be compensated under certain conditions for loss or damage.
www.shipping.francoudi.com/main/main.asp

Oh yes, because I recognize the difference between insurance and something that is guaranteed I'm stupid.

FU silly

LMAO.

Wow. I had no idea you were this dumb. Keep it going. I see we'll have some gems to quote later on.....

Back