why does not palin

They haven't released the whole thing yet, as far as I know. I'm going to enjoy watching this interview.

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they're doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I'm giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia. We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it's in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along.

Her first answer sounds a little silly alone, but it's a pretty silly question to begin with.

The question is certainly silly, but it’s not a question so much as a repeating of what the McCain campaign and its proxies have offered as an answer to “what are her foreign policy credentials”? So, you can hardly blame the question.

I also think that one of the most striking things, if not the most striking thing, was that she obviously did not know what the Bush Doctrine is, or even that it existed. This is scary to me. I personally am very familiar with the Bush Doctrine, books have been written about it, and certainly, in any journal of any import whatsoever, intellectuals and historians have weighed in on it over the past 7 years. It is after all, a radical departure from over 200 years of United States foreign policy.

It scares me when I know more than a person who could be President in 6 months. I’m not qualified to be President

Huh?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/09/mccain-wont-rule-out-pree_n_95963.html

I'd like to know where he has said it was off the table. I know he criticized Obama's blustering, but I seriously doubt he has claimed it was out of the question. McCain never encountered a problem he did not think could be improved with bombs.

First of all, pre-emptive war is a whole different story from preventive war. The Bush Doctrine is that latter, international law recognizes the legitimacy of the former. Pre-emptive war is what Palin discussed, if faced with an imminent attack a nation has the right to the preempt use of force. This is a well-recognized right of sovereign states under international law. Bush and McCain believe in preventive war. That is, war to prevent an attack that might happen in the future even though it is not imminent. Apparently, Palin believe in the well-recognized right of sovereign nations to protect against imminent attacks but does not believe in the McCain-Bush-Neocon preventive war.

On Pakistan, McCain has indeed on numerous occasions ruled out strikes in Pakistan without prior permission from the Pakistani government. Hence the joke that McCain will follow Bin Laden to the gates of hell unless they happen to be in Pakistan.

Mcain is scary enough with his 100yrs in Iraq, or was it he'll be 100 when we leave.
It dilutes the shit out of that card to pile on the hockey mom for the sake of it.

the bush doctrine is the MOVEON.org talking points sheet for moron lefties
not surprised you know it

Good grief no it isn't. It is an actual doctrine and a big turning point in American foreign policy that will be studied an discussed for the rest of our country's history. Anyone involved in politics or interested in politics should know it. It is not some phrase dreamed up by the anti war kooks. It has a real meaning.

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they're doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I'm giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia. We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it's in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along.

Her first answer sounds a little silly alone, but it's a pretty silly question to begin with.

I dunno, I don't really think it is silly for the VP candidate to be asked if she has any insight into the Georgia-Russian conflict and if Alaska's closeness adds anything to her perspective.

Good grief no it isn't. It is an actual doctrine and a big turning point in American foreign policy that will be studied an discussed for the rest of our country's history. Anyone involved in politics or interested in politics should know it. It is not some phrase dreamed up by the anti war kooks. It has a real meaning.

Top, you are the stupidest person on this board and it’s shit like what you wrote there, probably to me, that is the reason I have you on IA, because I really cannot take reading your pure moronic stupidity. If it’s true that you make 150 thousand a year, that would be the single biggest indictment against Capitalism that I know of. You should be cleaning toilets in a frigging prison, a job for which you are barely qualified, you moron.

Top, you are the stupidest person on this board and it’s shit like what you wrote there, probably to me, that is the reason I have you on IA, because I really cannot take reading your pure moronic stupidity. If it’s true that you make 150 thousand a year, that would be the single biggest indictment against Capitalism that I know of. You should be cleaning toilets in a frigging prison, a job for which you are barely qualified, you moron.

Say the dumb chick teaching remedeal reading.
Don't respond you loser. Try getting something other than far left talking poionts.
When you deserve to get destroyed like a deshtard, I'll be hear to do it.
you lonely spinster.:eek:

Say the dumb chick teaching remedeal reading.
Don't respond you loser. Try getting something other than far left talking poionts.
When you deserve to get destroyed like a deshtard, I'll be hear to do it.
you lonely spinster.:eek:

Tops, you've gotta trust me on this: on a political message board, we are all doubled-over and crying with laughter that you think the "Bush Doctrine" is a leftie/moveon talking point.

Tops, you've gotta trust me on this: on a political message board, we are all doubled-over and crying with laughter that you think the "Bush Doctrine" is a leftie/moveon talking point.

That or the fact that he is making fun of Darla for teaching "remedeal reading"

Back