Why don't you Libtard/ Progressives/ Democrats just say it?

Their interest is listening to Nadir, who has no rights as an American Citizen. If you're having a conversation with him about terrorism, then you're going to be listened to as well.

In order for this to be logical, there must be the assumption of guilt on both our parts, and the assumption that every one living in certain geographical areas are terrorists.

Does Nadir have rights as an American citizen under the Constitution? Obviously, no.

Congrats, Nadir does not have rights as an american citizen. But I do.

I am protected by the US Constitution. Those rights to not lost simply because I am talking with someone who does not have those rights.

You want to listen to a conversation? Get a warrant.

No wonder you lacked the balls to be specific. STY had to do it for you.

Lack of balls? WTF? We are discussing the constitutionality of the Patriot Act. I was not aware you are incapable of abstract thought and need examples in order to understand.

Hardly a zing.

If the FBI had a phone tapped from some criminal in the US, with a warrant because he has citizen rights, and you were talking to him they'd listen to your voice as well. Same thing as you talking to Nadir. *shrug*

Huge zing. You failed to be specific several times in several threads because you feared being lost. Finally someone with balls did it for you, and now you're lost. :)

If the FBI had a phone tapped from some criminal in the US, with a warrant because he has citizen rights, and you were talking to him they'd listen to your voice as well. Same thing as you talking to Nadir. *shrug*

Except they are tapping my phone, not his.

No. They are tapping into an international exchange. :palm:

On this end. They are tapping the phone of an american citizen without a warrant. That is uncosntitutional. No where in the statutes does it say anything about who you are talking to.

Also, they are tapping phones based on the geographical location. The assumption is that if I am calling certain places I must be a terrorist.

Again, they are tapping into conversations with non-citizens outside of US soil. Do you deny this?

I deny that this is about non-citizens outside of US soil. This is about the rights of american citizens.

Also, the Patriot Act does not specifically limit the roving wiretaps to international calls.

The Justice Dept has taken these new powers and used them in cases that have nothing to do with terrorism. Within 6 months of the passage of the original Patriot Act, the Justice Dept was conducting seminars on how to use the Patriot Act on domestic cases.

So you cannot deny that they are tapping into conversations with non-citizens outside of US soil. And the problem with this is?

So you cannot deny that they are tapping into conversations with non-citizens outside of US soil. And the problem with this is?

I have a problem with wire-taps on american citizens without warrants.

That the person on the other end is not a US citizen does not change that.

Except the Patriot Act allows them to have roving wire taps, and does not specifiy that one party be outside the US.

Their interest is listening to Nadir, who has no rights as an American Citizen. If you're having a conversation with him about terrorism, then you're going to be listened to as well.

nice dodge. if they are listening to Nadir, by default they are also listening to me. And we've also talked about this before, the constitution doesn't grant rights to american citizens, but restricts the government from infringing on rights. Your totalitarianism is still showing.

Now, by listening in on my phone conversation, are my rights being violated?

Back