Why Harris and Democrats keep calling Trump and Vance ‘weird’

We know, every politician has a Horatio Alger narrative, problem with Vance, his ain’t selling, he’s still “weird”
He's doing fine and better every day... he's so not weird.... Every personal attack just gives him a boost... The majority of Americans like the concept of family...;) He's a great reminder...

I don't care one way or the other but my initial reaction was I think of liberal cities like Austin and Portland that have slogans "Keep Austin Weird" and "Keep Portland Weird". Weird kind of fits more of a liberal style than what you think of 'normal' more conservative style.

So it was interesting to hear it used as a pejorative.
Nah, you are reading too much into it, besides, few Americans know or care what Austin or Portland call themselves

I’m just pointing out the humor how Trump and those that came up with a nickname and slur against anyone opposing Trump are now stuck with a tag gaining traction that they can’t match

He's doing fine and better every day... he's so not weird.... Every personal attack just gives him a boost... The majority of Americans like the concept of family...;) He's a great reminder...
And the majority of American families are headed by women or have a female child and telling women in America you are basically second class citizens if you aren’t married and having kids ain’t selling, in fact, is perceived as “weird”

I don't care one way or the other but my initial reaction was I think of liberal cities like Austin and Portland that have slogans "Keep Austin Weird" and "Keep Portland Weird". Weird kind of fits more of a liberal style than what you think of 'normal' more conservative style.

Spot on! Austin is the most liberal major city in Texas and Austin proudly endorses the Keep Austin Weird phrase.

I personally think its a complement, someone who does not work on conforming.

But I assume it became a campaign word because it tested well.

Spot on! Austin is the most liberal major city in Texas and Austin proudly endorses the keep Austin weird phrase.
They are not working to get hard core liberals to vote for them... They are working on the undecided.

And the majority of American families are headed by women or have a female child and telling women in America you are basically second class citizens if you aren’t married and having kids ain’t selling, in fact, is perceived as “weird”
No he thinks motherhood is a noble thing. IMO it is the most noble thing someone can do. I have huge respect for women who carry, birth, and raise a child well.

Reactions: TOP
I personally think its a complement, someone who does not work on conforming.

But I assume it became a campaign word because it tested well.
Come to events like the Folsom Street Festival in San Francisco and many people around the world would probably think it a bit 'weird'. And all the people here who celebrate 'alternative' lifestyles - again something many might label 'weird'.

So it catches your attention when liberals use it as a pejorative. Not exactly what you would expect.

Do you think that was a response? Vance is weird and as time passes, more weirdness is being revealed. Trump wants to be ruler of America and he does not hide it. But think of how much less you will have to do in the future. You will not have to vote anymore. Trump is a serious danger to the continuation of America as we know it, and you cannot see it. Vance is only a problem if he and Trump can fool the people. He sure has you deluded. And many more on this site are as deluded as you. I am not easy to con. You obviously are.

You Stalinists are desperate and in deep panic.

Come to events like the Folsom Street Festival in San Francisco and many people around the world would probably think it a bit 'weird'. And all the people here who celebrate 'alternative' lifestyles - again something many might label 'weird'.

So it catches your attention when liberals use it as a pejorative. Not exactly what you would expect.
I agree, that is why I suspect it is aimed at a target voter. Kamala herself is a little weird, but I like it.

I do think Trump is particularly weird, but Vance seems to go to trouble to appear very normal.

Back