Why I Am a Liberal

BidenPresident

Verified User
By Cass R. Sunstein. Mr. Sunstein, a law professor at Harvard

Here is one attempt at an account, in the form of 34 sets of claims about liberalism.

1. Liberals believe in six things: freedom, human rights, pluralism, security, the rule of law and democracy. They believe not only in democracy, understood to require accountability to the people, but also in deliberative democracy, an approach that combines a commitment to reason giving in the public sphere with the commitment to accountability.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/20/opinion/cass-sunstein-why-liberal.html

Liberals believe in perpetual childhood, and other fantasies....like seeking to ban any other viewpoints than their own.

A leftist Harvard radical is hardly a person to accept "guidance" from.

By Cass R. Sunstein. Mr. Sunstein, a law professor at Harvard

Here is one attempt at an account, in the form of 34 sets of claims about liberalism.

1. Liberals believe in six things: freedom, human rights, pluralism, security, the rule of law and democracy. They believe not only in democracy, understood to require accountability to the people, but also in deliberative democracy, an approach that combines a commitment to reason giving in the public sphere with the commitment to accountability.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/20/opinion/cass-sunstein-why-liberal.html
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Cliff Notes version:

I'm a Leftist (not a Liberal, I lied) because I'm a stupid fuck of a liberal arts professor and don't know shit about reality because I don't have to live in it, so there!

Oh, it would greatly help if the article weren't behind a paywall too...

Please explain. Seriously, I will read your reply.

Liberals cannot accept adult consequences, and never realize the results of their wrongheaded nonsense, like how the "defund the police" nonsense has, naturally, led to an explosion of violent crime; atacking America's energy sector has us now buying oil from Russia, in violation of our own war sanctions against them, ...etc.

Hey, BP, I'm not just trolling you here. Law is a simple liberal art. It's about knowing a set of rules and how to apply them, nothing more. It's not difficult once you know the rules. Lawyers want to keep you from knowing them so they can make lots of money being your consultant on the rules. Law professors don't generally impress me simply for being law professors.

So, let's test your ability to apply the rules in something.

https://www.eveonline.com/

Sign up for this online game and try to play it. If you can't figure out how to play it, then lawyers must appear as gods to you. No, this isn't some trick or something. The game is legit and not some virus or something. The company is based out of Iceland.

Let me say, I have an account and in order to play it well had to develop spreadsheets, tables, and other such things to get a good grasp on how it works. If you're an accountant you'll be in heaven trying to figure out the market system it uses for buying and selling stuff. You can be Scam Bankfraud Man in this game and get away with it. (You know, the guy that just went to prison for life for the cryptocurrency scam he was running)

Oh, like here, there are no rules against all sorts of devious stuff or using nasty language. You can troll or gank (kill) other players to your heart's content. A corporation that's the equivalent of anime's Sword Art Online clan Laughing Coffin is allowed without penalty.

Liberals cannot accept adult consequences, and never realize the results of their wrongheaded nonsense, like how the "defund the police" nonsense has, naturally, led to an explosion of violent crime; atacking America's energy sector has us now buying oil from Russia, in violation of our own war sanctions against them, ...etc.

What cities defunded the police?

duhhhh me no like law professor duhhhhhh

I've known a few and more than a few liars... err, lawyers... One had an old Bugatti from the 30's in his living room--he was in a car club I was in (he had the provenance on the car). He was a piece of work. You on the other hand, are just an idiot.

I've known a few and more than a few liars... err, lawyers... One had an old Bugatti from the 30's in his living room--he was in a car club I was in (he had the provenance on the car). He was a piece of work. You on the other hand, are just an idiot.

go kill yourself. my god, I have no tolerance for your garbage anymore

Back