Why ILA, USF and the Other Trolls Were Dreading My Return

So Howey, what makes a brain dead sheeple like you so desperate to become a ward of the State? Is it ignorance? Is it that you really are THAT stupid? Is it your ignorance of history?

I'm thinking it could be a combination of all three.

:thisisgettinggood:

So Howey, what makes a brain dead sheeple like you so desperate to become a ward of the State? Is it ignorance? Is it that you really are THAT stupid? Is it your ignorance of history?

I see when backed in a corner all you can do is attack. Leave it on the playground sweetie.

Btw...I'm a 100% retired military member who's an advocate for veterans and a veteran counselor volunteer.

We have been relying on the private sector for a long time now, but all they do is argue the upside of greed and profit maximization at the expense of all else. Anyone would choose to be a ward of the state when the private sector is composed strictly of self-serving assholes.

Before reading the entire article, I knew what the result would be with a perfect storm of Igor Volsky, Maddow, and Thinkprogress. It wasn’t a matter of checking to see it the article misrepresented the facts, but knowing it did misrepresent the facts and was just a matter of ferreting them out.
Serial fabricator, sans any discernible qualifications other than being a progressive, Volsky created his platitude from wherever this truncated and out of context quote came from “struggled to compete in California’s individual health care market for years and didn’t want to pay for sicker patients like Sundby.”

This was the message from Untied to their stockholders:

The company’s plans reflect its concern that the first wave of newly insured customers under the law may be the costliest. UnitedHealth will watch and see how the exchanges evolve and expects the first enrollees will have ‘a pent-up appetite’ for medical care. We are approaching them with some degree of caution because of that.
United is pulling out of California’s individual market for one reason: ObamaCare.​

What serial fabricator Volsky needed to do to create his little propaganda piece was take UnitedHealth’s statement to shareholders and twist it and assign a different meaning to it. Pretty basic propaganda protocol.

Before reading the entire article, I knew what the result would be with a perfect storm of Igor Volsky, Maddow, and Thinkprogress. It wasn’t a matter of checking to see it the article misrepresented the facts, but knowing it did misrepresent the facts and was just a matter of ferreting them out.
Serial fabricator, sans any discernible qualifications other than being a progressive, Volsky created his platitude from wherever this truncated and out of context quote came from “struggled to compete in California’s individual health care market for years and didn’t want to pay for sicker patients like Sundby.”

This was the message from Untied to their stockholders:

The company’s plans reflect its concern that the first wave of newly insured customers under the law may be the costliest. UnitedHealth will watch and see how the exchanges evolve and expects the first enrollees will have ‘a pent-up appetite’ for medical care. We are approaching them with some degree of caution because of that.
United is pulling out of California’s individual market for one reason: ObamaCare.​

What serial fabricator Volsky needed to do to create his little propaganda piece was take UnitedHealth’s statement to shareholders and twist it and assign a different meaning to it. Pretty basic propaganda protocol.

I guess you don't know the history of United Healthcare. Real pillars of society, ain't they?

http://hcrenewal.blogspot.com/2010/08/despite-scandal-former-unitedhealth-ceo.html

A little while ago, the Wall Street Journal reported on the highest paid US corporate CEOs of the past decade. One name stood out for those interested in health care: Dr William W McGuire, the former CEO of giant health care insurance company/ managed care organization UnitedHealth Group. Dr McGuire was number 9 on the list, with a total realized compensation of $469,300,000.

We started discussing the disconnect between Dr McGuire's corpulent pay and his company's failure to uphold its stated ideals back in 2005, when he was reported to have received more than $124 million to lead a company which championed "affordable" health care. Later, it turned out that much of Dr McGuire's compensation came in the form of back-dated stock-options, and the resulting scandal was followed by his resignation. Later, Dr McGuire was forced to give back some the options. The final settlement of the fiasco cost UnitedHealth $895 million, and Dr McGuire $30 million and the cancellation of 3.6 million stock options.

Meanwhile, UnitedHealth was compiling an unenviable record of ethical lapses:

as reported by the Hartford Courant, "UnitedHealth Group Inc., the largest U.S. health insurer, will refund $50 million to small businesses that New York state officials said were overcharged in 2006."

UnitedHalth promised its investors it would continue to raise premiums, even if that priced increasing numbers of people out of its policies (see post here);
UnitedHealth's acquisition of Pacificare in California allegedly lead to a "meltdown" of its claims paying mechanisms (see post here);

UnitedHealth's acquisition of Sierra Health Services allegedly gave it a monopoly in Utah, while the company allegedly was transferring much of its revenue out of the state of Rhode Island, rather than using it to pay claims (see post here)

UnitedHealth frequently violated Nebraska insurance laws (see post here);

UnitedHealth settled charges that its Ingenix subsidiaries manipulation of data lead to underpaying patients who received out-of-network care (see post here).

At the same time, UnitedHealth continues to boast that:

Our mission is to help people live healthier lives.

* We seek to enhance the performance of the health system and improve the overall health and well-being of the people we serve and their communities.

* We work with health care professionals and other key partners to expand access to quality health care so people get the care they need at an affordable price.

* We support the physician/patient relationship and empower people with the information, guidance and tools they need to make personal health choices and decisions.

Dr McGuire certainly expanded his access to money, which doubtless empowered him.

And as we noted here, his successor, Mr Stephen J Helmsley, seems to be going down the same path. In 2009 his total compensation was $8.9 million, and he sold stock options obtained from previous compensation packages for $98.6 million. Mr Helmsley was a top leader (President and Chief Operating Officer [COO]) of UnitedHealth during Dr McGuire's reign as CEO, so should be viewed as having some responsibility for the excesses of the McGuire years.

Despite recent attempts to reform health care, or at least health insurance, it seems that the health insurance industry still leads the way in providing its leaders perverse incentives while failing to hold them accountable for their organizations' unethical behavior and subversion of their stated missions. Is it any wonder that these organizations continue to act unethically, and that the costs of the goods and services they provide rise continuously?

If we truly want health care that is accessible, of high quality, at a fair price, and more importantly, if we want health care that is honest and focused on patients, we need to provide health care leaders with clear, rational incentives in these directions, and make them fully accountable for their actions, and the courses of their organizations under their leadership.

Thank you, Sir, for indirectly citing the need for a single payor health care system.

I guess you don't know the history of United Healthcare. Real pillars of society, ain't they?

http://hcrenewal.blogspot.com/2010/08/despite-scandal-former-unitedhealth-ceo.html

Thank you, Sir, for indirectly citing the need for a single payor health care system.

There are current facts, and there is irrelevant history that has no bearing on the current facts. Then again there are publicly traded companies who have a responsibility to the shareholders. Then there is the history of the democratic party. Do you want to make that relevant to your core beliefs?

There are current facts, and there is irrelevant history that has no bearing on the current facts. Then again there are publicly traded companies who have a responsibility to the shareholders. Then there is the history of the democratic party. Do you want to make that relevant to your core beliefs?

I see no correlation between the very recent history of a company and the history of a political party. The very recent history of a company is vital in order to learn their motives. In the case of United Healthcare, it was to pad the pockets of it's CEO with little regard for patients.

I see no correlation between the very recent history of a company and the history of a political party. The very recent history of a company is vital in order to learn their motives. In the case of United Healthcare, it was to pad the pockets of it's CEO with little regard for patients.

I see no correlation between what a billion dollar company pays its CEO, and deciding to protect its shareholders from being raped by Obamacare. I assume you have an never before released internal memo from United arraigning to "pad the pockets of its CEO" by disregarding patients.

Dazzle me with math: with $110 billion in revenue, the majority of compensation paid in stock options, show the effect on patients.

I see no correlation between what a billion dollar company pays its CEO, and deciding to protect its shareholders from being raped by Obamacare. I assume you have an never before released internal memo from United arraigning to "pad the pockets of its CEO" by disregarding patients.

Dazzle me with math: with $110 billion in revenue, the majority of compensation paid in stock options, show the effect on patients.

Where did that profit and revenue come from?

Why would anybody dread your return Goober? Although you do become a bore at times with your persistent idiocy, you’re sooooo often great entertainment. You have such a wonderful knack of proving what a fucking idiot and liar you are with every post. You fit nicely in the same ”IDIOT CATEGORY” with the Dud and Fatty Shitty Panties.

Why would anybody dread your return Goober? Although you do become a bore at times with your persistent idiocy, you’re sooooo often great entertainment. You have such a wonderful knack of proving what a fucking idiot and liar you are with every post. You fit nicely in the same ”IDIOT CATEGORY” with the Dud and Fatty Shitty Panties.

Nothing says "I know a lot about politics" like this statement......................................... .......

This kid is the basic and direct definition of TROLL.

I see when backed in a corner all you can do is attack. Leave it on the playground sweetie.

Wrong again dimwit; when I see a repugnant leftist asshole, I call them as I see them. You’re a major troll who claims everyone else, who doesn’t share your dimwitted ideology, is a troll. It’s ironic, stupid and repugnant.

But your dimwit; how could you possibly comprehend the irony of the ignorance you wallow in?

Btw...I'm a 100% retired military member who's an advocate for veterans and a veteran counselor volunteer.

I don’t give a damn if you are a Medal of Honor recipient; you’re still a painfully stupid troll desperately avoiding the truth facts and reality. Then when you get called on it, whine pathetically like a typical pathetic brain dead leftist.

Because you are a veteran counselor, you’re also one big fat liar claiming vets cannot get medical assistance.

Carry on dimwit. And please, don’t call me sweetie; that’s painfully stupid and gay. I am NOT your sweetie dimwit. I am your worst nightmare because I won’t tolerate your moronic lies and brain dead parroting of dimwitted DNC talking points.

Wrong again dimwit; when I see a repugnant leftist asshole, I call them as I see them. You’re a major troll who claims everyone else, who doesn’t share your dimwitted ideology, is a troll. It’s ironic, stupid and repugnant.

But your dimwit; how could you possibly comprehend the irony of the ignorance you wallow in?

I don’t give a damn if you are a Medal of Honor recipient; you’re still a painfully stupid troll desperately avoiding the truth facts and reality. Then when you get called on it, whine pathetically like a typical pathetic brain dead leftist.

Because you are a veteran counselor, you’re also one big fat liar claiming vets cannot get medical assistance.

Carry on dimwit. And please, don’t call me sweetie; that’s painfully stupid and gay. I am NOT your sweetie dimwit. I am your worst nightmare because I won’t tolerate your moronic lies and brain dead parroting of dimwitted DNC talking points.
Your like desh, your next non fox tard post will be your first.
Janitor

We have been relying on the private sector for a long time now, but all they do is argue the upside of greed and profit maximization at the expense of all else. Anyone would choose to be a ward of the state when the private sector is composed strictly of self-serving assholes.

Wrong again dimwit; only idiots choose to be wards of the State and think that single payer equates to better healthcare.

Only idiots think that Government can be trusted and not the private sector. Only idiots willfully disregard their liberties for the promise of Government taking care of them.

But alas, I am trying to educate a dimwit; and dimwits are immune from reality, the truth or the facts.

Carry on.

Nothing says "I know a lot about politics" like this statement......................................... .......

This kid is the basic and direct definition of TROLL.

You're the perfect definition of an idiot; a willful idiot who believes that BIG Government is our friend and will take care of us from cradle to grave...but ironically, only if it is YOUR guys who are the "deciders" and "arbiters" of what is fair.

Yes dimwit, you really are THAT incredibly stupid.

Your like desh, your next non fox tard post will be your first.
Janitor

Wrong again dimwit; you're much more like Desh except she makes a LOT more sense than you do.

But alas, you're a repugnant dullard who can't distinguish even the simplest of concepts like the difference between "your" and "you're".

Yes, you really are THAT incredibly stupid.

Dismissed dimwit; you're not even entertaining enough to have a battle of wits with half my brain tied behind my back.

Back