Why Jews were never evolution deniers

The Nazis hired a lot of medical professionals to measure the sizes of Jewish noses and skulls to come up with a legitimate scientific basis for their racial theories.

That kind of work would be right up your alley.

My racial theories?

I have no racial theories.

This is what I learned from Shai Cherry, a Jewish religious scholar.

Jews do not count the beginning of existence until Adam was made on the sixth day of creation.

The Jews concluded that the six days of creation was metaphorical, and could not logically represent 24 hour solar cycles --> because the Sun was not even created until the third day.

Therefore, in Jewish theology there was a significant period of creation of indeterminate length before Adam and Eve. The concept of evolution occurring in this period of creation, or the concept of a 4.5 billion year old earth was never problematic in Judaism.

Makes sense.

I place weight on the opinions of religious scholars who have devoted a lifetime of training and scholarship in the skills of literary criticism and historical analysis.

Three who I really respect are Bart Ehrman, who happens to be agnostic, Luke Timothy Johnson, who happens to be a Catholic Benedictine monk, and Phillip Carey a Protestant theologian. So I feel like am getting a good dose of a range of perspectives.

Name three people not prophets of YHWH

Not sure why it matters in the US?

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

Back