Why the liberal arts are important

That's because we think Congress--as a whole--is doing a terrible job, but we generally think our own congresscritters are doing a decent to good job.

Very true even though we don't know his name or how he ever voted on any issue. But, his staff got our VA benefits approved.

It is like how they cannot write, "Democratic Party."

"Liberal arts" as an area of study has nothing at all to do with political parties. It's merely a way to label courses that aren't STEM. It includes nursing, teaching, psychology, literature, music, foreign language, speech/communications, sociology, anthropology, art/painting/sculpture, graphic design, game design, political science, philosophy, religion/theology, etc.

Sadly the idiot MAGATs see only the word "liberal" and have a knee-jerk reaction to it.

Agreed. If I pay $10 for a cup of coffee I expect my barista to be well educated.

If you pay $10 for a cup of coffee?

wouldsaysomething.png

"Liberal arts" as an area of study has nothing at all to do with political parties. It's merely a way to label courses that aren't STEM. It includes nursing, teaching, psychology, literature, music, foreign language, speech/communications, sociology, anthropology, art/painting/sculpture, graphic design, game design, political science, philosophy, religion/theology, etc.

Sadly the idiot MAGATs see only the word "liberal" and have a knee-jerk reaction to it.

It doesn't include nursing, ya moron. You must lie about ..wait..did you say you had a degree? Or you just take some courses here and there?

Half of your post is wrong.

""Liberal arts" as an area of study has nothing at all to do with political parties. It's merely a way to label courses that aren't STEM. It includes nursing, teaching, psychology, literature, music, foreign language, speech/communications, sociology, anthropology, art/painting/sculpture, graphic design, game design, political science, philosophy, religion/theology, etc.

The crossed out things are not part of a LIberal Arts program. It also includes, English, Sciences, and math.

Oh whoops! I was wrong about Graphic Design. That hadn't been invented yet when I was in school.

Last edited:
It doesn't include nursing, ya moron. You must lie about ..wait..did you say you had a degree? Or you just take some courses here and there?

Half of your post is wrong.

""Liberal arts" as an area of study has nothing at all to do with political parties. It's merely a way to label courses that aren't STEM. It includes nursing, teaching, psychology, literature, music, foreign language, speech/communications, sociology, anthropology, art/painting/sculpture, graphic design, game design, political science, philosophy, religion/theology, etc.

The crossed out things are not part of a LIberal Arts program. It also includes, English, Sciences, and math.

Oh whoops! I was wrong about Graphic Design. That hadn't been invented yet when I was in school.

You went to school in the 19th century?

Universities have had zero interest in teaching critical thinking skills for decades, and they dont anymore teach the Western Canon....they shit all over it with religious fervor.

Liberal arts are over.

Anyone over the last 20 years or so who decided to be a lit major because they love books and want to understand them better was certainly shocked with what they found in the courses.....figured out that they made a huge mistake.

I accept your offhand confession that STEM majors typically are not found in the nation's top leadership positions.

They like data.
You’re welcome. They also like to make a decent living . Sure there’s actually a 0.000001% that do well in life. Same as high school dropouts. I personally knew Al Copeland who started Popeye’s Fried Chicken, a high school dropout.
Odds are better, much better if you work your ass off in college studying a STEM curriculum. But even that is no guarantee. It’s only a basis for a start. Odds are if one has the work ethic at a young age to to handle the rigors of a STEM curriculum, he/she will be more successful in life. But you know that.

Last edited:
Back