World Embarrassments

If the election were held today whomever the Rs put forward would lose, but then I thought Bush would lose the last election and he surprised me quite a bit....

There is a ton that can happen in two years...

3-1 G. You want a piece of the action?

The war was young in '04. It has now grown to be an ugly warted hog, and will be a herd of them by next year's election. It will be the only issue that matters.

I will bet $1000 to win $300 that the next President is a Democrat, no matter what. Bet?

3-1 G. You want a piece of the action?

The war was young in '04. It has now grown to be an ugly warted hog, and will be a herd of them by next year's election. It will be the only issue that matters.

I will bet $1000 to win $300 that the next President is a Democrat, no matter what. Bet?
Too rich for my blood. Let's go $50... and for me it is just for fun.

Nope tempted, but an occasional lotto ticket and the stock market are my extents of gambling. I am a poor loser, not a whiner or anything, it just burns me. The act of losing makes it unpleasant for me. I DO pay my lost bets though.
Doing great on the market though, might top my salary with stock gains this year if things (ie luck) holds up. Started with 10k last fall and have now doubled it. 10k pulled out and put down on property and just a bit under 10k still in play.
I am liking this stock market game :)

I hope it does not cause me to want to buy a beemer though....

Too rich for my blood. Let's go $50... and for me it is just for fun.

Straight up? No odds? You've got any bet you want really.

Nope tempted, but an occasional lotto ticket and the stock market are my extents of gambling. I am a poor loser, not a whiner or anything, it just burns me. The act of losing makes it unpleasant for me. I DO pay my lost bets though.
Doing great on the market though, might top my salary with stock gains this year if things (ie luck) holds up. Started with 10k last fall and have now doubled it. 10k pulled out and put down on property and just a bit under 10k still in play.
I am liking this stock market game :)

I hope it does not cause me to want to buy a beemer though....

Yeah yeah, enough about stocks.

Hows about $50 - $100 straight up? If you lose, you still win, a Dem will be in office! WIN WIN!

heck I would be betting against myself.

On the stock market. I am an idiot when it comes to knowing all the termonology and lingo. I just pick one out do a bit of research on their price history consider what they do and how the world fits in at this time and buy or not based on that. Just about like those guys that did that study by throwing darts at the WSJ and their picks outperfomed the market.
Of course I buy mostly cheaper and little known stocks.
It is sort of a game err sport like Poker Beefy. Know when to hold and when to fold, and when not to put all your cash in the pot.

Straight up? No odds? You've got any bet you want really.

Yeah yeah, enough about stocks.

Hows about $50 - $100 straight up? If you lose, you still win, a Dem will be in office! WIN WIN!
No, I don't mind the whole 3 to 1 deal. It would be your $150 to my $50... It's the only way I'd actually throw that money away.

I honestly believe that if Hillary gets the nod there will be a harder fight than the Ds think there will be... But there is no hiding Bush who is killing the Rs...

No, I don't mind the whole 3 to 1 deal. It would be your $150 to my $50... It's the only way I'd actually throw that money away.

I honestly believe that if Hillary gets the nod there will be a harder fight than the Ds think there will be... But there is no hiding Bush who is killing the Rs...

You're on. $150 to you if a Republican is elected, $50 to me if a Dem is elected.

Deal?

*shake*

You're on. $150 to you if a Republican is elected, $50 to me if a Dem is elected.

Deal?

*shake*
Deal. It will make this next two years very interesting indeed. What if the people finally get sick of it, and vote in a Libertarian?

Deal. It will make this next two years very interesting indeed. What if the people finally get sick of it, and vote in a Libertarian?

I'll lay you 25 to 1 that won't happen. $2,500,000 to you if you win, $100,000 to me if I win. Those are the terms. :D

If you've got any "rules" on whether or not your going to pay your bets, fess up now. Don't pull a Dixie and make up some rules after the fact ;)

"If you've got any "rules" on whether or not your going to pay your bets, fess up now. Don't pull a Dixie and make up some rules after the fact "

Just one...

provide an actual current address to send it to... :D

Not that it really matters... cause McCain is the next President.

Back