23 Reasons Florida (Yes, Florida) Is The Best State In America

Tropicana is a great place to watch a game. Very comfortable. Funhouse Fenway is a sorry excuse for a professional stadium and should be torn down.

Alligators are everywhere! That's a plus. Maybe not for someone who wets himself every time he sees a skinny teenager in a hoodie but they are probably more interested in your purse dog than you. I bet you have never even seen a real alligator. Probably just some of those babies they keep at putt putt golf for you dumbasses to take pictures with.

Please, there are plenty of beautiful people in Florida. Most of you out of state morons never leave the tourist traps and so you are just looking at other ugly tourists.

My mother had a pet three legged alligator as a kid. She lived in Downtown Tampa.

While the northern part of the country spent this winter dealing with the never-ending Polar Vortex, most people in Florida are just hanging out in very comfortable temperatures ranging from the 60s (at the lowest!) to the high 70s.

Things got down to 15 here in southern Mississippi. It wasn't limited to the north. Florida's surrounded on three sides by water, which moderates its temperature more than is typical for the south, and it was also right on the very edge of the polar vortex anyway. Only the panhandle got something close to what I got here (moderate it may have been compared to what they got up north), southern Florida (where most Floridans live) was totally out of its range.

500_mb_Mon_night.jpg

24. Few massholes.

25. It's not Ohio.

You should have just listed those two... it makes a far better case.

Your number one is false. Not jealous of FL weather in the least. We have more to do here outdoors than you do in FL.

Your humidity sucks ass.

You have a shit ton of old folk F'in up every road because they think they can still drive.

The people there are not smart enough to vote on their own. Hanging chad's anyone?

I've been to 35 of the 50 States. Florida is without a doubt one of the ugliest. Once you get away from the coast it's nothing but swamp and scrubland. Florida is about as topographically interesting as a salt mine.

I have been to all 50... I agree on your assessment... all they have is the coastal areas. The rest of the state sucks.

I have been to all 50... I agree on your assessment... all they have is the coastal areas. The rest of the state sucks.

There are some very beautiful inland areas of Florida. I've been to all 50 and I would not say Florida is the prettiest state. I would say that in the winter I think it has the best weather save Hawaii.

You should have just listed those two... it makes a far better case.

Your number one is false. Not jealous of FL weather in the least. We have more to do here outdoors than you do in FL.

Your humidity sucks ass.

You have a shit ton of old folk F'in up every road because they think they can still drive.

The people there are not smart enough to vote on their own. Hanging chad's anyone?

Colorado is a nice state. But I would argue your point that you have more to do outdoors. Outside of weed, hiking and skiing you don't have much to do that is better, though I am sure the fishing appeals to those frightened by skinny teenagers, more than Florida's. Plus, a lot of it can't be enjoyed for much of the year. The numbers don't lie and the dumb tourists who have never really seen Florida, like you, pay our taxes.

Colorado is a nice state. But I would argue your point that you have more to do outdoors. Outside of weed, hiking and skiing you don't have much to do that is better, though I am sure the fishing appeals to those frightened by skinny teenagers, more than Florida's. Plus, a lot of it can't be enjoyed for much of the year. The numbers don't lie and the dumb tourists who have never really seen Florida, like you, pay our taxes.

LOL

Snow shoeing
Rafting (class IV/V whitewater)
Climbing
Hiking
Skiing
Road biking
Mountain biking
Zip lines
Repelling
Trail running
Fly fishing
Elk hunting

I was in Florida this time of year back in 2000. It was pretty sweet, but I would never want to be anywhere near it in the summer. I thought it was weird going along the roads and seeing alligators aligning the roadsides. Also, when you're so used to the evergreen curtain of the NW, palm trees everywhere is pretty fun.

Snow shoeing
Rafting (class IV/V whitewater)
Climbing
Hiking
Skiing
Road biking
Mountain biking
Zip lines
Repelling
Trail running
Fly fishing
Elk hunting

Ooooh zip lining. We have that here too.

Most of those you can do here, do something very comparable here or are pretty much included in hiking and skiing. For instance, trail running, is pretty much running while hiking. I gave you hiking because without variation in elevation ours is obviously inferior to yours. You can run trails here or on a beach but its really just running or being on a beach/trail. Trying to count it as a separate activities is sort of silly.

You can fly fish anywhere and again yours might seem exciting to those who are afraid of skinny teenagers and tarpon.

You got your mountains, which are great, but your water activities just don't compare. Scuba diving, snorkeling, para sailing, kite/sail boarding, sailing, surfing or just sitting on a beach are all going to be better here. We don't have many rapids and nothing approaching those but there are plenty of great places to paddle.

Ooooh zip lining. We have that here too.

Yeah, but yours is in Flat terrain. Ours are in the mountains. The only way you get drop in FL is if you build a tower. We have mountains.

Most of those you can do here, do something very comparable here or are pretty much included in hiking and skiing. For instance, trail running, is pretty much running while hiking.

LMAO... they are included in hiking and skiing? Ok... well then everything to do with water in FL is the same. Right?

I gave you hiking because without variation in elevation ours is obviously inferior to yours. You can run trails here or on a beach but its really just running or being on a beach/trail. Trying to count it as a separate activities is sort of silly.

Come out and try trail running. You will see the difference.

You can fly fish anywhere and again yours might seem exciting to those who are afraid of skinny teenagers and tarpon.

Yes, and you can sky dive anywhere... but it is better here.

You got your mountains, which are great, but your water activities just don't compare. Scuba diving, snorkeling, para sailing, kite/sail boarding, sailing, surfing or just sitting on a beach are all going to be better here. We don't have many rapids and nothing approaching those but there are plenty of great places to paddle.

Sorry, but all of those are just variations of playing in the water. It is silly to count them as more than one thing.

Wow... sitting on a beach... great 'activity'. We can sit on top of a 14er. Kinda crushes your sitting 'activity'

Yeah, but yours is in Flat terrain. Ours are in the mountains. The only way you get drop in FL is if you build a tower. We have mountains.

LMAO... they are included in hiking and skiing? Ok... well then everything to do with water in FL is the same. Right?

Come out and try trail running. You will see the difference.

Yes, and you can sky dive anywhere... but it is better here.

Sorry, but all of those are just variations of playing in the water. It is silly to count them as more than one thing.

Wow... sitting on a beach... great 'activity'. We can sit on top of a 14er. Kinda crushes your sitting 'activity'

Long story short, zip lining is stupid.

I would probably put many of our water sports together. For instance, kite boarding and sail boarding are different but the same sort of thing. Kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding all pretty much the same. Trail running is not really different than hiking. We can run on a beach here, ooh wow, it's not a much different experience than walking on a beach. To try to count it as a separate activity shows desperation.

Long story short, tourists pay my taxes.

Back