23 Reasons Florida (Yes, Florida) Is The Best State In America

When I was in Florida in March, locals were bundled up in their sweaters because they were cold. :D

Billy, I believe Oregon (Portland and Bend) is currently considered the brew king, and it's near ocean. Not that NW ocean is really considered a physical asset (aesthetic, yes, but no one wants to swim in it).

Fuck Florida, the people there are horrible. If Miami didn't have so many hot women I wouldn't even consider it a state.

When I was in Florida in March, locals were bundled up in their sweaters because they were cold. :D

Billy, I believe Oregon (Portland and Bend) is currently considered the brew king, and it's near ocean. Not that NW ocean is really considered a physical asset (aesthetic, yes, but no one wants to swim in it).

Sure, if you just wanna suck on a bucket of hops.

Admittedly, I haven't fallen in love with Mirror Pond or any Portland beers. I much prefer the underrated WA brew scene. It's disappointing that Redhook is like the only microbrewery that is known outside the NW.

Tropicana is a great place to watch a game. Very comfortable. Funhouse Fenway is a sorry excuse for a professional stadium and should be torn down.

Alligators are everywhere! That's a plus. Maybe not for someone who wets himself every time he sees a skinny teenager in a hoodie but they are probably more interested in your purse dog than you. I bet you have never even seen a real alligator. Probably just some of those babies they keep at putt putt golf for you dumbasses to take pictures with.

Please, there are plenty of beautiful people in Florida. Most of you out of state morons never leave the tourist traps and so you are just looking at other ugly tourists.

I'm reading John Feinstein's new book 'Where Nobody Knows Your Name' about Triple A baseball and a quote in the book "Because the Trop is, without question, major league baseball's worst venue."

If it is worst then the Oakland Coliseum then that is bad!

Admittedly, I haven't fallen in love with Mirror Pond or any Portland beers. I much prefer the underrated WA brew scene. It's disappointing that Redhook is like the only microbrewery that is known outside the NW.

The West Coast is all about Hops and bitterness and IBU's when it comes to beer. The East is all about radical styling differences and innovation. It's in the Mid-West that you get the best beer, focused on drinkability, balance, and subtlety.

Long story short, zip lining is stupid.

I would probably put many of our water sports together. For instance, kite boarding and sail boarding are different but the same sort of thing. Kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding all pretty much the same. Trail running is not really different than hiking. We can run on a beach here, ooh wow, it's not a much different experience than walking on a beach. To try to count it as a separate activity shows desperation.

Long story short, tourists pay my taxes.

That is precisely the stupidity of flatlanders. As I stated, we will just call every activity on or near the ocean 'the same'

If you haven't been zip lining outside of flatlander space, I can see why you would think that. zip a couple 1000 feet over a gorge or down a portion of a mountain... then come back and comment. It is like saying bungy jumping is boring because you only tried it off the diving board of your local pool.

Coming out to Oregon this summer for the Hood to Coast relay. Looking forward to some good micros when we get done.

NC is the best state, which is why I moved here. First in flight (Ohio eat your heart out). We can ski for 4 months of the year and golf 12. On average there is a 30 degree temperature difference between the mountains and the coast. Real estate prices are reasonable and the quality is high. We have the largest private residence in the country. Both our state and private universities are some of the finest in the country. We generate about half of our electric power with clean nuclear. We turned moonshining into one of the world's most popular sports. Taxes are reasonable. Democrats are nearly extinct in state government.

The West Coast is all about Hops and bitterness and IBU's when it comes to beer. The East is all about radical styling differences and innovation. It's in the Mid-West that you get the best beer, focused on drinkability, balance, and subtlety.
We brew Hoppyum here. Possibly the best beer made in the US of A.

Back