A couple of questions for the foodies here.

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
I've been seeing this in the catalogues and hope to give it a try. It's called 'White Feather' and changes from white to pale green.

79583.jpg

made a trade for some but mine didn't come up true to form, they have a narrow border of green....

as to dwarves, I have one hosta that developed as a sport of an un-named one I have (or perhaps grew from a self seed).....it's three years old and only three inches tall....

we have a lot of hosta collectors around here....it isn't unusual to see people selling their cullings at garage sales in the spring....

Last edited:
thanks, so do I, one of the countries largest hosta growers is in our hometown...and many other nurseries....end of season sales are fantastic around here....a few years ago I got 40 pots of Asiatic lilies for a dollar each......I also have some heirloom perennials......one fern leafed peony I can personally attest is over fifty years old, I remember helping my dad plant it and I transplanted it here when they sold the farm.....a clump of iris from an abandoned farm house that I expect is over a hundred years old.....and a hosta division I swapped with a friend who's grandma had them at least seventy years......

Fantastic! I put in a new garden last spring that I have not photographed yet...my property was purchased with azalea and rhododendrons that are about 30 years old...I had not known much about shrubs until I purchased this place...one of the really cool advantages to my yard are how well ferns; tulips, lilies; hostas and the like do here...Have you used any sedum varieties in your yard?

Fantastic! I put in a new garden last spring that I have not photographed yet...my property was purchased with azalea and rhododendrons that are about 30 years old...I had not known much about shrubs until I purchased this place...one of the really cool advantages to my yard are how well ferns; tulips, lilies; hostas and the like do here...Have you used any sedum varieties in your yard?

join me on the spring fever thread...

Back