A farewell to Halloween.

I see that a lot around here. The "Fall Party" church substitute.

They used to have Halloween parties in the classrooms when my kids were little, and a Halloween parade around the playground too. My youngest is 36 now; she is an actual teacher. Even back then, when she was in grade school in the suburban area where we lived, there were grumblings from a certain segment of Xtian parents about "devil worship" and "Satan's holiday." Thankfully they kept their kids home that day.

Since then, sadly, all classroom parties have new names -- "Fall Festival" and "Winter Party" and "Spring Celebration so as not to offend the sensitive. :rolleyes:

That sounds fun, my kids just like to roam the neighborhood.

My littlest g-kids still go trick-or-treating! The teens hang out with friends instead but still love costumes. I guess since malls are closing right and left, going there isn't an option any more.

Is this not the most adorable dinosaur you ever saw? :loveu:

GERxIUC.jpg

My littlest g-kids still go trick-or-treating! The teens hang out with friends instead but still love costumes. I guess since malls are closing right and left, going there isn't an option any more.

Is this not the most adorable dinosaur you ever saw? :loveu:

GERxIUC.jpg

That is awesome, I am really looking forward to grandkids. I miss when my kids were little.

The candy is not good for kids, I give to Shriners and St. Jude so they can get exactly what they need, not candy.

Its my experience with the kids, that after 12 they like to roam the neighborhood and hang out with friends, but no so much door to door trick-or-treating.

Giving candy seems a lot like saying, "let them eat cake".
https://www.wptv.com/you-can-send-your-leftover-halloween-candy-to-troops-serving-away-from-home

https://mommypoppins.com/halloween-candy-donation-candy-buy-back-donating-treats-operation-gratitude https://www.today.com/parents/how-donate-halloween-candy-good-cause-t117994 there are dozens of these links...
....guess there are some who don't agree with you...;)Thankfully...

Last edited:
Thanks. I think so too, but there could be bias. He is the sweetest little soul.

12 going on 30... lol! Hopefully it will be a while yet till grand kids appear.

I hope it will be a while, but I am still looking forward to it.

The people I know trying to end Halloween are religious fundamentalists who are extreme Trumppers.

Yes, you are mostly correct there…them along with some still terrified of COVID. Perspective though, the public school where I teach has about 250 students enrolled. I’d say a pretty safe bet is that the population of parents/guardians support Trump (or the conservative candidates) at about a rate of 90%. Out of these families, 3 are adamantly opposed to Halloween. And 2 of them are Jehovah’s Witnesses who I am not sure even vote in our elections.

Just thought I’d throw some more anecdotal info on the subject out there.

The people I know trying to end Halloween are religious fundamentalists who are extreme Trumppers.

Religious fundamentalists weened on Christian Nation SCOTUS hallowed Christiananality pedophilia killing with Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom drug trafficking enforcement of Mengele "Angel of Death" baptize thine eyes by urinations to maintain suicidal super ego Mohammed Islam "death to the infidels" Valhalla martyrdom in Fourth Reich July Bicentennial & 9/11 not so master race master plan Islamidiotocracy dhimmitude servitude....

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
He's certifiable! Another one I keep forgetting to ban from any threads I create.

Do it shithead!

Man, what is your problem? You can't win debate with me so you follow me around like some bitch in heat, climbing my leg for attention. GTFU, will ya please? I'll give you a month to cool down from your last ass whupp'in.

RB60 = Really Boorish 60 yr. old.

Man, what is your problem? You can't win debate with me so you follow me around like some bitch in heat, climbing my leg for attention. GTFU, will ya please? I'll give you a month to cool down from your last ass whupp'in.

RB60 = Really Boorish 60 yr. old.

Put me on ignore, you simple minded twit!

My neighborhood seems to be on the 'must hit' list of places for kids to go trick or treating... This year, the wife made up 180 bags to hand out, and we ended up handing out 218. The neighborhood isn't that big, so they were coming from whoknowswhere to hit our neighborhood...

My neighborhood seems to be on the 'must hit' list of places for kids to go trick or treating... This year, the wife made up 180 bags to hand out, and we ended up handing out 218. The neighborhood isn't that big, so they were coming from whoknowswhere to hit our neighborhood...

Hallowed be those weened on a great reward for Christiananality pedophilia celebrating ridiculing the dead in order to practice being way too dang lily brilliant white Islamidiotocracy of Mohammed Valhalla martyrdom pedophilia under color of law as Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate drug trafficking enforcement George Washington University Hospital Washington, D.C. born USA citizens are Islam....

Back