A good Tequila

Tequila can be plenty good. You guys probably think nothing is good unless its Strawberry Hill or a Fuzzy Navel.

Pussies.

guess what? I don't even know what those two drinks are. You've out pussied me just by knowing. beefyOWNED.

I have been drinking Patron for a number of years. Its what I get when I go out with the guys. A shot to get me smilin and then sip on something nonalcoholic. I can do shots and maintain the same buzz all night.

And its smooth, tasty stuff.

I was partying with some Mexicans once and they showed me how they drink Tequila. They poor a couple of shots in a glass, next to that they have a tall glass of ice water (or maybe a cold cerveza but ussually water) and a little plate of spiced salt. They'll sip on the tequila, occasionally dipping some citrus into the salt and chewing on that while drinking a liberal amount of the water (to prevent dehydration and hangover, which works!). We sat out under a picnic table under an old oak tree on a hot summer night drinking like this and eating meat and vegies cooked on the grill, it was a fine way to spend an evening. El Jimador was the tequila of choice that night but that was back when it was 100% agave.

Last edited:
patron.... silver or anejo

trader joe's has it, a little cheaper than other places

Really? There's a Trader Joes just a couple of miles down the road from where I live on Sawmill Rd. I'll have to check out their tequila and compare their prices with the State Liquor store. Thanks for the tip.

Really? There's a Trader Joes just a couple of miles down the road from where I live on Sawmill Rd. I'll have to check out their tequila and compare their prices with the State Liquor store. Thanks for the tip.

in cali the prices are cheaper, about $10-15 cheaper than our liquor stores. :clink:

Mott:

when I was down in Merida, Mexico in January, we stayed at a very cool boutique hotel and, over the course of the week, got very friendly with the owner. When I asked HIM for HIS recommendations as to really good tequila, he said El Jimador and Cazadores. I keep both in stock. We drink them both in Palomas as our standard weekend cocktail.

guess what? I don't even know what those two drinks are. You've out pussied me just by knowing. beefyOWNED.

In Beefy's defense, you do learn the names of numerous drinks if you ever buy for chicks. For example, I can now name the Dirty Shirley, Stinky Bitch, and Washington Red Apple drinks... I would also never buy a Gin & Tonic for myself, but have purchased several (why the hell do girls like that one?)...

In Beefy's defense, you do learn the names of numerous drinks if you ever buy for chicks. For example, I can now name the Dirty Shirley, Stinky Bitch, and Washington Red Apple drinks... I would also never buy a Gin & Tonic for myself, but have purchased several (why the hell do girls like that one?)...

Women pick up baggers too.
Say you have bought several for women? hmmm

Gin & Tonic is an excellent warm weather drink. (and the quinine helps fight malaria :p )

Gin and tonic is light, refreshing and low calorie. Problem is, they go down way to easy and you can get tanked really quick if you're not careful.

Mott:

when I was down in Merida, Mexico in January, we stayed at a very cool boutique hotel and, over the course of the week, got very friendly with the owner. When I asked HIM for HIS recommendations as to really good tequila, he said El Jimador and Cazadores. I keep both in stock. We drink them both in Palomas as our standard weekend cocktail.

That's what my Mexican aquantances drink and what they recomend to me. I joked with them that El Jimador should be caled Rumquila or Tequirum as you can really taste the sweetness from sugar cane mash mixed with the agave (mixto). Still, it's better than Cuervo and is great for cocktails where as I prefer Cazadores for sipping. They also admited that there are better sipping Tequilas than Cazadores but that they are to expensive and/or over rated.

Back