A good Tequila

That's 3 votes for Patron and 2 for Cazadores.

Recount the Patron votes. I saw 5 recommend it.

Norman, myself, Yurt, and Topspin recommended it. Epicurus said it was pretty effing solid too.

Buy a bottle of Patron and enjoy the race and the results of the tequila.

Norman, myself, Yurt, and Topspin recommended it. Epicurus said it was pretty effing solid too.

at our local liquor store, Patron is nearly twice as expensive as Cazadores.

I would agree that it is better...but CERTAINLY nowhere near twice as good.

Clase Azul Ultra - Extra Añejo Tequila is way better than Patron... but it's not worth it's pricetag either.

Gin and tonic is light, refreshing and low calorie. Problem is, they go down way to easy and you can get tanked really quick if you're not careful.

Yeah, and I'm guessing the low calorie part is what drives the women to it.

As for your remark about sweet/not-sweet, I find this hard to weigh in on, because I'm really a beer drinker, and don't tend to enjoy my liquors anywhere near as much. I've enjoyed sugary drinks such as Brain Hemorrhage and more sour drinks, although dry stuff such as martinis is definitely not my thing... I absolutely hate wine.

Yeah, and I'm guessing the low calorie part is what drives the women to it.

As for your remark about sweet/not-sweet, I find this hard to weigh in on, because I'm really a beer drinker, and don't tend to enjoy my liquors anywhere near as much. I've enjoyed sugary drinks such as Brain Hemorrhage and more sour drinks, although dry stuff such as martinis is definitely not my thing... I absolutely hate wine.

That's because most wines sold these days are drier than your Granny's punanni. Try a cold sweet German red like a Reinhessen or a French Vourey (semi sweet white) or a Gerfestemeiner (sp?) (another semi-sweet to sweet white). I like Italian Rosi di Rosi which is a sweet red sparkling wine. It has a low alcohol content for a wine but it's a good after dinner wine, Serve it with chocolates as kind of a dessert, yum!! Or if you like strong dessert wines get a bottle of Icewine. It's pricey but it's a great after dinner wine to impress a date with. Women love the stuff and it won't make you pukey drunk like a Port.

No need to recount Patron is the clear winner and that's what I'm going to take for this special occasion.

Having said that I agree with Maine and my Mexican friends. I think Cazadores is the best value in tequila. Like I said about Cabo Wabo. It's good, better than Cazadores, but not twice the price better.

No need to recount Patron is the clear winner and that's what I'm going to take for this special occasion.

Having said that I agree with Maine and my Mexican friends. I think Cazadores is the best value in tequila. Like I said about Cabo Wabo. It's good, better than Cazadores, but not twice the price better.

Just a report back. I took a bottle of Patron to Indy and ya'll were spot on. I drank better part of half a bottle, chasing it with plenty of water and the next day I felt like I had hardly drank anything. The repasado had a slight sweet taste and was very smooth and drinkable. Salut!

Patron is great for shots, but Herradura is the only way to go for Margaritas!

Back