A Horse Walks Into A Bar...

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
....the bartender asks the horse if it's an alcoholic? Considering all the bars it frequents, the horse replies "I don't think I am". The horse instantly disappears in a poof of logic.

Now this is the point in time that any student of philosophy reading this would giggle as they are familiar with the proposition of cogito ergo sum, or roughly, I think, therefore I am.

But to explain that proposition beforehand would be placing Descartes before the horse.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

....the bartender asks the horse if it's an alcoholic? Considering all the bars it frequents, the horse replies "I don't think I am". The horse instantly disappears in a poof of logic.

Now this is the point in time that any student of philosophy reading this would giggle as they are familiar with the proposition of cogito ergo sum, or roughly, I think, therefore I am.

But to explain that proposition beforehand would be placing Descartes before the horse.

I wanted to thank you for this post...but the best way to thank someone for this stuff...is to groan. And I didn't want to groan the post.

Somebody help me out here with a witty response.

I wanted to thank you for this post...but the best way to thank someone for this stuff...is to groan. And I didn't want to groan the post.

Somebody help me out here with a witty response.

A classics professor goes to a tailor to get his trousers mended.
The tailor asks: “Euripides?”
The professor replies: “Yes. Eumenides?”

Stalinist USSR...with Sasha and Rudolf trying to be happy in their meager apartment.

Sasha looks out the window and says, "I think it's starting to snow."

Rudolf says, "That's not snow...it's rain."

Sasha says, "I really think it is snow."

Rudolf says, "It is rain...and Rudolf, the red, knows rain, Dear."

utter sweetness dude

thanks

This one might be tough for some of the younger people, but...

On Roy Roger's birthday, Dale Evans buys him a new pair of cowboy boots. He loves 'em.

Anyway, they party away during the night...and Roy leaves the boots on the porch overnight.

During the night a mountain lion steals up onto the porch and attacks the boots...leaving huge tooth marks all over them.

Roy is furious when he sees what has happened...saddles up Trigger and heads out to exact revenge on the cat.

Sure enough, he comes back to the ranch with a dead mountain lion draped in front of Trigger's saddle.

And Dale says, "Pardon me, Roy. Is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?"

Are you trying to confuse some of the lowbrows here, or amuse the highbrows?

This one might be tough for some of the younger people, but...

On Roy Roger's birthday, Dale Evans buys him a new pair of cowboy boots. He loves 'em.

Anyway, they party away during the night...and Roy leaves the boots on the porch overnight.

During the night a mountain lion steals up onto the porch and attacks the boots...leaving huge tooth marks all over them.

Roy is furious when he sees what has happened...saddles up Trigger and heads out to exact revenge on the cat.

Sure enough, he comes back to the ranch with a dead mountain lion draped in front of Trigger's saddle.

And Dale says, "Pardon me, Roy. Is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?"

I thought they were boots?

Back