A plea to the sane.

thanks rune for the thread.

I am glad we still have people that care about the community.

Are there any specific things you guys would consider a good idea to implement? How can we address the un-saneness in a productive way?

thanks rune for the thread.

I am glad we still have people that care about the community.

Are there any specific things you guys would consider a good idea to implement? How can we address the un-saneness in a productive way?
Is racism really protected by free speech.

Is racism really protected by free speech.

every rule we ever have had here ends up getting exploited in some way. Every time. What's racist speech? Just the n-word? Or any word that offends?

We wanted to ban people calling each other pedos and then someone reports a post because someone called them a "motherfucker"

Get what I am saying? People will always exploit the rules to their benefit.

So it's very hard to just say "THIS.. SPECIFICALLY . IS NOT ALLOWED" and have it end at that. Eventually you get mods going into subjective territory, which then creates a perception of bias, or treating others more unfairly than others, etc.

Almost everyone that has come here says how much they like the openness and the not heavy-handed modding.

But to every upside there is a downside.

The trick is to allow for that openness but also cultivate a culture where that stuff is rare, and when it happens, it's condemned. That's the perfect solution imo, and that's how JPP used to function... 3 years ago or so. but in order for that to happen, you need to have enough people willing to help keep the place clean.

That's the way I see it at least.

every rule we ever have had here ends up getting exploited in some way. Every time. What's racist speech? Just the n-word? Or any word that offends?

We wanted to ban people calling each other pedos and then someone reports a post because someone called them a "motherfucker"

So it's very hard to just say "THIS.. SPECIFICALLY . IS NOT ALLOWED" and have it end at that. Eventually you get mods going into subjective territory, which then creates a perception of bias, or treating others more unfairly than others, etc.

Almost everyone that has come here says how much they like the openness and the not heavy-handed modding.

The trick is to allow for that openness but also cultivate a culture where that stuff is rare, and when it happens, it's condemned. That's the perfect solution imo, and that's how JPP used to function... 3 years ago or so. but in order for that to happen, you need to have enough people willing to help keep the place clean.

The only way I can think of is that you leave the rules as is. Then the board members should IA anyone that is offensive to them... and NO peeking to see what they might be saying as that will only tempt us to respond.

If certain people get into a whine fest non stop, they should IA each other and be done with it.

The only way I can think of is that you leave the rules as is. Then the board members should IA anyone that is offensive to them... and NO peeking to see what they might be saying as that will only tempt us to respond.

If certain people get into a whine fest non stop, they should IA each other and be done with it.

we used to have forced ignore on here where various parties would have each other put on ignore against their will.

I agree that if you put someone on IA that the peek option should be removed.

The problem is that there isn't universal condemnation. Sure everyone flipped their lid because of what I called BAC but he gets a complete pass.

Now I am not trying to equate calling him what I called him with what he called me because I know I will never convince you.

But the problem is that you create a double standard whether you think you do or not.

The problem is that there isn't universal condemnation. Sure everyone flipped their lid because of what I called BAC but he gets a complete pass.

Now I am not trying to equate calling him what I called him with what he called me because I know I will never convince you.

But the problem is that you create a double standard whether you think you do or not.

just remember that most boards would have banned for stuff like that or at least deleted the comment. the worst you get here is "hey dont do that, that's not cool" - which is rather tame in the grand scheme of things.

This isn't about you retard, not that you don't suck too.

just remember that most boards would have banned for stuff like that or at least deleted the comment. the worst you get here is "hey dont do that, that's not cool" - which is rather tame in the grand scheme of things.

No doubt, but you keep going out of the way to miss the point. Whether you agree or not, BAC had it coming

Back