A pretty good UFO sighting

In this one, the person got a good clean picture of the UFO, and it is definitely a UFO. They really could have made it a bit better by putting their finger or thumb in the picture to give some perspective on range and size, or maybe gotten it in a shot that included some terrain. There's just a brief glimpse of terrain at the beginning of the video. As it is, it's hard to tell how big it is.

https://www.mediaite.com/weird/one-...ever-says-the-sun-of-this-video-from-chicago/

Hard to tell what it was or the size , however it appears to be a frame of some time not a solid object .

Hard to tell what it was or the size , however it appears to be a frame of some time not a solid object .

Size could be determined from the photo on the left. You know the height of those smokestacks and towers in the photo. You know your distance to them. You can take the angle up from two different points in that photo and get the altitude and distance to the object. It's visible enough to get a length on it from that.

Size could be determined from the photo on the left. You know the height of those smokestacks and towers in the photo. You know your distance to them. You can take the angle up from two different points in that photo and get the altitude and distance to the object. It's visible enough to get a length on it from that.

A large metal object a thousand feet off the ground would show up on radar.

What was the ceiling when the recording was made? Aviation weather has it as cloudy on the 6th, but no ceiling data. Of course, I only have the date of the video for a reference.

I'm fascinated how space aliens can travel the stars in weather balloons.
The last thing my mind thinks looking at that video is: "OMG! Alien spaceship!"

Our eyes are easily fooled by optical perspective, and there is really no way of determining if it is a 100 meter long object at 6 kilometer distance, or if its a 1 meter long object at 400 meters distance.

The last thing my mind thinks looking at that video is: "OMG! Alien spaceship!"

Our eyes are easily fooled by optical perspective, and there is really no way of determining if it is a 100 meter long object at 6 kilometer distance, or if its a 1 meter long object at 400 meters distance.

As someone guessed on the link, I'm thinking it's an instrument package hanging from a balloon in the clouds.

This one was launched by sixth graders. If the instrument package is too heavy for the temperature, the balloon will be limited in its ability to climb.

https://inspirationlab.org/story/6909
2015-03-28-08.03.01-Small.jpg

As someone guessed on the link, I'm thinking it's an instrument package hanging from a balloon in the clouds.

This one was launched by sixth graders. If the instrument package is too heavy for the temperature, the balloon will be limited in its ability to climb.

https://inspirationlab.org/story/6909
2015-03-28-08.03.01-Small.jpg

The least reasonable explanation of that video is a warp drive intergalactic spaceship piloted by alien beings.

Hey hey hey don't knock it! It's a reality!

9l1wnIU.jpg

UljVGMW.jpg

Cool beans. Another ride I can't afford. LOL

If they started raffling tickets for rides, I'd play. $5 a ticket for a $125,000 ride means the odds are better than the Lotto at 1:25,000.

https://techcrunch.com/2021/10/14/s...40m-series-a-for-stratospheric-balloon-rides/

Space Perspective has already collected 475 reservations, each of which was secured by a deposit between $10,000-$25,000, depending on how soon the passenger is looking to fly. The total cost of a seat is $125,000.

Not going the rocket route has its trade-offs. While a balloon ride is significantly cheaper, and may appeal to more risk-averse customers, customers won’t go quite as high into the atmosphere and won’t experience any weightlessness. Instead of hitting or surpassing the Kármán line, the internationally recognized but ultimately invisible boundary delineating “space” at 50 miles above sea level, the stratospheric balloon will take customers to around 20 miles above Earth. (This is still significantly higher than a commercial airplane ride, which only reaches around 7 miles above sea level.)

But Space Perspective promises that its six-hour ride will still offer spectacular views, especially of the curvature of the Earth and the blackness of space. The plan is for the space balloon to gradually ascend for two hours at 12 miles per hour, glide at apogee for two hours, then spend the final hours of the flight gradually descending. The capsule will splash down in the ocean, where eight customers plus one pilot will be scooped up by a ship, similar to how NASA and SpaceX retrieve their crewed capsules.

The interesting part is that they will not experience weightlessness. It's a little known fact that the orbit is what causes the weightlessness, much like a person in a dropping elevator.

They could always pop the balloon. How long would it take to fall with a tethered blown balloon from 20 miles up? Long enough for free fall sex?

BTW, I am certain it's 10,000's of small balloons within a balloon. So popping it won't do nothing. ;)

I'd expect some form of emergency recover such as a parachute system on the bubble. The probably means blowing the connections to the balloon first.

I'd expect some form of emergency recover such as a parachute system on the bubble. The probably means blowing the connections to the balloon first.

Of course. There are balloons within there. And there are several parachutes ready to be deployed in case of emergency.

Those engineers think of everything. And fuck Sheldon.

If we are being visited by interstellar starships piloted by alien beings, I am surprised we do not have a lot better than grainy photos and video of dubious quality, given that there are three billion smart phones on the planet.
Especially given it's a good bet that these are simply billionaires from other galaxies wasting money on space travel.

Back