A question for the leftists

Yakuda

Verified User
My father was a veteran of WW II and used every derogatory name for people from all cultures. I never heard him use the n word so cannot say if he ever did use it or not. But here's my question, he taught me to judge everyone based on their behavior and not how they looked, so was he a racist?

Last edited:
My father was a veteran of WW II and used every derogatory name for people from all cultures. I never heard him use the n word so cannot say if he ever did use it or not. But here's my question, he taught me to judge everyone based on their behavior and not how they looked, so was he a racist?

It's disappointing that you leftists have no answer. Surely you can decipher if he was a racist or not considering how easily you declare others to be racist.

Is Clint Eastwood racist?

I believe you've just answered your own question.

No he wasn't. Besides the time was different and he's old school, just like Clint Eastwood.

But am I a racist if I use any of the words my father used? What about treating people based on their behavior? When I've suggested we do that I've been called a racist for claiming not to see race. It's almost as if some people like having it both ways.

But am I a racist if I use any of the words my father used? What about treating people based on their behavior? When I've suggested be do that I've been called a racist for claiming not to see race. It's almost as if some people like having it both ways.

Who told you that treating people based on their behavior is racist?

Who told you that treating people based on their behavior is racist?

People on this site who claimed I was saying I don't see race. I said I do see race but it's irrelevant to how people behave and how they should be judged and subsequently treated. That's been deemed racist.

People on this site who claimed I was saying I don't see race. I said I do see race but it's irrelevant to how people behave and how they should be judged. That's been deemed racist.

I would like to see examples of that. If true, then they're retarded.

I would like to see examples of that. If true, then they're retarded.

Well what we'd like to see and what we actually see aren't always the same thing. If I run across an example I will show you. Take George Floyd for example. Did he contribute to his own death? Do you see any legitimate reason to question the "hero" status that has been placed upon him? Is he a role model for black men or anyone for that matter?

Also you didn't answer my other question, if I use the words my father used am I a racist?

Well what we'd like to see and what we actually see aren't always the same thing. If I run across an example I will show you. Take George Floyd for example. Did he contribute to his own death? Do you see any legitimate reason to question the "hero" status that has been placed upon him? Is he a role model for black men or anyone for that matter?

I'll admit that this hero business is too much.

Also you didn't answer my other question, if I use the words my father used am I a racist?

That would depend on the context.

They are erecting statues to that asshole.

Why? The context doesnt matter in my father's case or clint Eastwoods?

As I have stated, they were old timers. WWII soldiers cursed and used slur words, especially against their enemies all the time. And I am pretty sure you know about them sailors. Ask our resident JPP Captain.

Context matters because without contexts, how can one judge accurately?

As I have stated, they were old timers. WWII soldiers cursed and used slur words, especially against their enemies all the time. And I am pretty sure you know about them sailors. Ask our resident JPP Captain.

So words by themselves do not indicate racism? Context of when the word is used does? So if a white person uses the n word it's not necessarily racist but you know what WILL happen if any white person uses the n word any time. Please don't say you don't know.

Exactly, my husband use to use a slur against the Vietnamese soldiers, he no longer uses it. Time heals.

So words by themselves do not indicate racism? Context of when the word is used does? So if a white person uses the n word it's not necessarily racist but you know what WILL happen if any white person uses the n word any time. Please don't say you don't know.

Heh yeah. Say the word with the wrong people and yeah you'd be purple and black all over. ;)

Back